• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

June 12, 2014, 01:51:34 PM #225 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:53:27 PM by Hawk_UK
@Max: I just want a 1st gear ratio with a wider range of ratio options so that when on a track with really slow hairpin type bends I can lower the first gear so that I can keep it within reasonable rev range to the power band. I know I can use the clutch to power out of those type of bends, but the lowest 1st gear ratio just seems too high/low(I get confused with gears and ratios. LOL) for the slow corners.
I heard Wayne Gardner say that he has an option of 96 gear ratio cogs to choose from for his Honda NSR 500 to get the gearing correct for each corner. Obviously there has to be trade offs when selecting gear ratios because as you said, you have to keep the ratios within a certain range for each gear or you can end up with certain gears bogged down. But I just wanted to have a test with them if it was possible, and by what you've posted above it is possible to add gears ratios, I think?

Is it possible, and I think it is by the look of it here, to just alter the ratio values, ie: ratio0 = 10, 39 instead of the default, ratio0 = 20, 39 ? Would that give me the option of keeping the revs more towards the power band in slow corners?

I suppose the best thing, now you have pointed me in the right direction is just to have a mess about with these settings and see what happens.

Thanks for that Max... Appreciated mate.  ;)

Hawk.

PS: I tend to alter the final ratio to get the top speed on the longest straight when the final gear hits near max revs just before my breaking point

C21

June 12, 2014, 01:53:43 PM #226 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:57:03 PM by C21
you need a higher ratio to be shorter.
e.g. 2,1 as 1st gear up to 0,89 in 6th gear

or for your example:
39/10 -> 3,9
39/20 -> 1,95

39/10 will be way to short.
if 39/20=1,95 is the shortest on the Varese i would go down to 2,00 or 2,10.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on June 12, 2014, 01:53:43 PM
you need a higher ratio to be shorter.
e.g. 2,1 as 1st gear up to 0,89 in 6th gear

Thanks for that C21..... I've always had trouble with which is higher and lower with the gear ratios. Lol

Hawk.

HornetMaX

In the data above, ratio0 is 20/39 (near 0.5, a short 1st gear) while ratio12 is 32/27 (1.18, a long 6th gear).

You can edit the ratio0, ratio1 etc as you want, they have just to stay in increasing order.

I even think you can have more that 12 ratios (TBC) so you should be able to keep the existing one and add some more (before, after or in the middle of existing ones).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 12, 2014, 02:01:00 PM
In the data above, ratio0 is 20/39 (near 0.5, a short 1st gear) while ratio12 is 32/27 (1.18, a long 6th gear).

You can edit the ratio0, ratio1 etc as you want, they have just to stay in increasing order.

I even think you can have more that 12 ratios (TBC) so you should be able to keep the existing one and add some more (before, after or in the middle of existing ones).

MaX.

Thanks for that Max..... Your info is noted and I'll see if I can sort something out with it.  ;)

Hawk.

C21

June 12, 2014, 02:06:19 PM #230 Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:08:29 PM by C21
just as an example:
NSR500V , 2 cylinder.
Shortest 1st gear ratio was 15/32->2,133.
i personally would not go beyond 2,15 or 2,2 for the 1st gear at race bikes to be on the realistic side. Sometimes you have to use the clutch in really tight 1st corners (IOM, NW200,... e.g.) with that sort of bikes.......hey it´s real ;-)

street bikes have shorter 1st gears of course... ;)

QuoteI even think you can have more that 12 ratios (TBC) so you should be able to keep the existing one and add some more (before, after or in the middle of existing ones).
i did not found a limit yet ;-)
BUT
regarding to different tyres there is a restriction of 6 different rear tyres , you can write more in the cfg but you cant get them ingame!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on June 12, 2014, 02:06:19 PM
just as an example:
NSR500V , 2 cylinder.
Shortest 1st gear ratio was 15/32->2,133.
i personally would not go beyond 2,15 or 2,2 for the 1st gear at race bikes to be on the realistic side. Sometimes you have to use the clutch in really tight 1st corners (IOM, NW200,... e.g.) with that sort of bikes.......hey it´s real ;-)

street bikes have shorter 1st gears of course... ;)

QuoteI even think you can have more that 12 ratios (TBC) so you should be able to keep the existing one and add some more (before, after or in the middle of existing ones).
i did not found a limit yet ;-)
BUT
regarding to different tyres there is a restriction of 6 different rear tyres , you can write more in the cfg but you cant get them ingame!

Taking all this good advice in from yourself and Max..... This will be an interesting test for me.  ;D 8)

Thanks C.  ;)

Hawk

June 17, 2014, 04:53:12 PM #232 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:56:55 PM by Hawk_UK
Hi Guys.

Okay. Just got to create a track marshals file and I'll then register and release Mallory Park 1978 for use on the online servers.

I could also do with a good track camera file creating..... Anyone want to chip in the work and create both the track camera and track marshals files? Let me know here and I'll send you a copy of the track to do the work on. Thanks.  ;) :)

Hawk.

Hawk

Hi Guys.

Updated on Wednesday 18th June 2014:

Mallory Park 1978 V1.0 is now released and available to use online. You can therefore now obtain this track from the "Track Downloads" Database here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Thank you for all your support and comments while working on this great little track. I hope this thread will continue to be of use to those that wish to alter or create a track of their own. Thank you. ;) ;D 8)

Enjoy!  ;D 8)

Hawk.