• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:24:58 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

What i noticed...

Started by JamoZ, April 13, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

QuoteYou can't be 1:1 with the times at Phillip Island. The track in the game lacks the elevations and isn't an accurate representation. I think 5s is too much of a gap, I think 2-3s at most from the top top riders would be more relative. In real life those guys are also pushing like hell, the PC game factor doesn't factor that heavily.
Fully agree on that.
Without a laserscaned track there will not be a 100% direct comparison.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

iVolution

Real motogp riders simply lack the skills we posses  8) :P, problem solved.

Klax75

Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 12:40:41 AM
was playing with direct lean off... and then trying to smooth it out from drunken crazyness to usable with the smooth settings.

bike felt MUCH lighter but still bit too drunk!

if we could get a slider or something to control direct lean on / assists of direct lean off, i think that could help alot

I play full many everything and I've turned off direct lean. Took me a little getting use to but I liked it better. Instead of the bike wanting to sit itself up so fast it was more of a slower movement and I could hold it in turns easier, or coming out of turns.

HornetMaX

Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 12:40:41 AM
was playing with direct lean off... and then trying to smooth it out from drunken crazyness to usable with the smooth settings.

bike felt MUCH lighter but still bit too drunk!

if we could get a slider or something to control direct lean on / assists of direct lean off, i think that could help alot

Moving from direct lean off to direct lean on will take a while, at least 2 weeks I'd say (playing daily).

A while ago I was in favor of the same thing, a slider moving gradually from direct lean off to direct lean on, but to be honest now I don't think people will use it in the end: if you want to play with direct lean on (which I do) then you have to get accustomed to direct lean ... well, on. Not half on or a quarter on :)

For the ones not knowing this yet, the major difference between direct lean on and off is this:

• Direct lean OFF (default and most used): if you're leaning left and want to pick up the bike to be vertical again, then you have to push the stick well right (and then back to the middle). If you just put the stick to the middle, the bike picks up really slowly.
  • Direct lean ON: quite the opposite, the bike picks up very fast, so normally you donĂ t need to move the stick to the right if you just want to go vertical. The connection between the stick position and the bike lean angle is much more direct (hence the name I guess). This of course mean you have to be very gentle with the stick, compared to direct lean off.

Direct lean ON is essentially some sort of filter on your lean input. IIRC, in a private exchange with Piboso, he referred to it as "steering help" or "lean help" (which, personally, I find more appropriate and less confusing with respect to direct steering, which is a totally different thing).

MaX.

SA_22

yea i've been playing with it alil more... although i'll probably still use it off (when i said off before i ment on :D) for the smoothness,

but i do prefer the control it gives you, especially while switching from left to right and while braking... but having a problem with the front end always tucking when i try pick the bike up and exit a turn

HornetMaX

Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 02:58:42 PM
but i do prefer the control it gives you, especially while switching from left to right and while braking... but having a problem with the front end always tucking when i try pick the bike up and exit a turn
That's probably because you're not gentle enough when picking up.
Which is not a surprise because with DL off you have to be brutal to pick up, so the habit is hard to go.

MaX.

JamoZ

No matter how smooth i am with direct lean on, it just doesn`t feel right...

RBp

Quote from: C21 on April 17, 2014, 07:53:18 AM
Without a laserscaned track there will not be a 100% direct comparison.

Even with a laser scan track you wont be able to, There impossible to ride round even the straights the bike crash's on.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on April 17, 2014, 06:03:24 PM
No matter how smooth i am with direct lean on, it just doesn`t feel right...

That's exactly what I say, but about direct lean off :)

I guess what matters is really what you start GPB with: if you start with direct lean off (which is the case most of the time, as it is the default), then it's almost impossible to go to direct lean on.

In any case, whatever feels right to one is OK for him. The fact that with DL on the bike is more agile however stands.

MaX.

ℊℯℴ

Being new i have to say. I have direct lean on. Did it with off for couple days and started with it on today. Lap times are same, but it did take a while getting used to.

Dont regret it. Control is much better and feels more realistic too.

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on April 18, 2014, 02:12:05 AM
Being new i have to say. I have direct lean on. Did it with off for couple days and started with it on today. Lap times are same, but it did take a while getting used to.

Dont regret it. Control is much better and feels more realistic too.
In a month time, if you try to go back to direct lean OFF, you'll be disgusted by how slow it is. Welcome to the club :)

MaX.

JamoZ

To each his own, but you can't tell me that direct lean is more realistic. It's as if the rider has some rubber bands attached to his body  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on April 18, 2014, 10:20:21 AM
To each his own, but you can't tell me that direct lean is more realistic. It's as if the rider has some rubber bands attached to his body  ;D
I don't think it's more realistic, I think it's easier for the brain to cope with, as you don't need to overshoot the input to go back to vertical. Want to go vertical, just put the stick vertical.

It's also easier to cope with as it is more immediate, more directly linked to the bike lean angle. On the other hand, it requires to be gentle but that's something I'm sure anybody can cope with: you are already required to be gentle with the throttle, for example.

What do you mean by "rubber bands attached to the body" ?  If anything, it's without direct lean that the control feels mushy or rubbery (due to the filtering).

MaX.

Klax75

For me once I turned it off, I kept it off. I had to relearn how to ride, after riding with it off I didn't like how the bike would instantly spring up right so fast with Direct Lean checked.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on April 18, 2014, 10:45:42 AM
For me once I turned it off, I kept it off. I had to relearn how to ride, after riding with it off I didn't like how the bike would instantly spring up right so fast with Direct Lean checked.
Yes, that's the "be gentle" thing :)

How come you had it on  ? As by default it's off ...

I also thing it's a bit harder to use direct lean with rider view, especially until you are able to be, guess what, gentle with the stick :)

MaX.