• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:08 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Lap Times WSS

Started by C21, April 16, 2014, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

Quote from: JamoZ on April 18, 2014, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 17, 2014, 09:59:58 PM
Quote from: SA_22 on April 17, 2014, 03:02:16 PM
'abigor 1:59.777'

............ i quit!!!  :o >:(
Us mere mortals can only hope to get within maybe 7-10 secs of some of these guys,

God i hate those guys...
Lol...... i have core exe on this 600 server and i can't improve anymore  :-\    no problem on 1000 server so i don't understand why.

dibu

Quote from: Abigor on April 18, 2014, 04:39:10 PM
Lol...... i have core exe on this 600 server and i can't improve anymore  :-\    no problem on 1000 server so i don't understand why.
The normal madness - too many users and too much time online (about 12 hours now).
I'll restart it as soon as it's empty...

SA_22

Alby46

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 03:27:26 PM
where is the speed trap? end of start straight?
not really, 2nd straight after 1st corner
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

lluisete

The trap is use the GSX.
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

dibu

Abigor

Core exe after one lap.......i'm beginning to think that this is something witch the groove buildup on track for my core exe.

C21

Maybe we should remove the Groove buildup because as far as i Remember Arvoss had done some Test on his Server and the Server was a Lot more stable?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

dibu

Quote from: Abigor on April 19, 2014, 05:19:19 PM
Core exe after one lap.......i'm beginning to think that this is something witch the groove buildup on track for my core exe.
Quote from: C21 on April 20, 2014, 05:26:20 AM
Maybe we should remove the Groove buildup because as far as i Remember Arvoss had done some Test on his Server and the Server was a Lot more stable?
Testing without dynamic surface is an option which is worth to test.

But I'm not really sure that it will solve all problems.
From my experience it's a big difference running a server for a race event (1-2hours) or a HL event (24hours). When heavily used the dedicated server goes nuts after some hours and only a restart helps. With older betas it was much worse (also without dynamic surface) but also beta4b shows these problems.
I automaticly restart the the servers every morning at 6:30 CET but that's not enough.
During the last two days the WSS HL server was permanently in use by riders, I never could restart it in the afternoon or evening.

SA_22

how about a restart every 4 or so hours?

is it possible to post a msg in chat from the server to warn people... or you could post up the restart times at least to keep everyone aware

dibu

Quote from: SA_22 on April 20, 2014, 05:10:05 PM
how about a restart every 4 or so hours?

is it possible to post a msg in chat from the server to warn people... or you could post up the restart times at least to keep everyone aware
The automatic restart of the server after x hours is no problem but sending an automatic warning message to the players is not possible (at least I don't know how I should do it).

The logger software of the HL server server writes lines like 'GPB1000: empty' or 'WSS600: empty' to a DOS window when the last rider left this server. Atm I'm looking for a way to read this DOS window and initiate the restart of this server when it's empty. So far I had no success without redirecting everything to a txt file (which isn't the way to go for several reasons).

Hmm, I think I've to call for our gazillion man ;). MaX any ideas?

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on April 20, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
The logger software of the HL server server writes lines like 'GPB1000: empty' or 'WSS600: empty' to a DOS window when the last rider left this server. Atm I'm looking for a way to read this DOS window and initiate the restart of this server when it's empty. So far I had no success without redirecting everything to a txt file (which isn't the way to go for several reasons).
Hmm ... what do you mean exactly ? The HL software has his own console (DOS prompt) window that pops up when the software is running and when one server goes empty it write one line to the console ? In that case, I see nothing else beside redirecting to a text file an monitoring it. Ugly hack, have to admit.

I don't know if it is possible to query the server in order to find out if there are players or not on it: probably not (and probably it would be a nice thing to have).

I think the server itself sends this info to the GPB master server (the one that shows all the online servers on the servers page, in gpbikes.ini: "server=master.gp-bikes.com:10500"), I think it's called the "heartbeat". In principle you could send the heartbeat to another address, where you should have a "listener" that will receive the information, decode it and find out if  there are players or not and then forward the info as received to the master server. Definitely not my cup of beer, probably fairly easy for somebody with some network code experience.

Quote from: dibu on April 20, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
Hmm, I think I've to call for our gazillion man ;). MaX any ideas?

I'm getting lost in the *-zillion hierarchy :)

MaX.

dibu

April 20, 2014, 07:25:28 PM #42 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:54:16 PM by dibu
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 20, 2014, 06:42:14 PM
Hmm ... what do you mean exactly ? The HL software has his own console (DOS prompt) window that pops up when the software is running and when one server goes empty it write one line to the console ? In that case, I see nothing else beside redirecting to a text file an monitoring it. Ugly hack, have to admit.
Random's logger gets the informations using the 'Live Timing' ports of the dedicated servers. It translates/interprets a lot of these informations to clear text in a DOS box of the logger. The important information would be 'GPB1000: empty', 'WSS600: empty', ... The essential lap time informations are written to separate text files for each HL server (not important for this problem)..

I don't know if it is possible to query the server in order to find out if there are players or not on it: probably not (and probably it would be a nice thing to have).
One way to get the necessary informations could be to run a second logger but I don't want to risk loosing lap time recordings because of the second logger disturbing the main logger. Still the savest way would be to use the existing resources - reading the contents of the DOS window and pass an error code for a batch file/ powershell script which restarts the server.

I think the server itself sends this info to the GPB master server (the one that shows all the online servers on the servers page, in gpbikes.ini: "server=master.gp-bikes.com:10500"), I think it's called the "heartbeat". In principle you could send the heartbeat to another address, where you should have a "listener" that will receive the information, decode it and find out if  there are players or not and then forward the info as received to the master server. Definitely not my cup of beer, probably fairly easy for somebody with some network code experience.
The task/problem has nothing to do with the master server. The output of random's tool is completely independent from the master server (except that it's needed to connect to WORLD).

I'm getting lost in the *-zillion hierarchy :)

MaX.
Hehe, after PiBoSo's last comment you're the gazillion man ;)

dibu

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on April 20, 2014, 07:25:28 PM
One way to get the necessary informations could be to run a second logger but I don't want to risk loosing lap time recordings because of the second logger disturbing the main logger.
Not sure you can run a second logger as the server only sends to one address/port.

Still the savest way would be to use the existing resources - reading the contents of the DOS window and pass an error code for a batch file/ powershell script which restarts the server.
AFAIK, you can't "read the content of a dos window" (unless you're willing to go down a crazy way of taking screenshots of the window and doing OCR, which would be pure madness).
You can probably pipe the output to a text file and then do something with that.

The task/problem has nothing to do with the master server. The output of random's tool is completely independent from the master server (except that it's needed to connect to WORLD).
I know, but my point is that the server (any GPB server) sends some info (including the number of players) periodically to GPB master server.
If you're able to "listen" to this info, you are informed of when the server is empty. Now that I thikn about it, it's a pretty neat solution, but you need somebody with some knowledge in network stuff and Piboso to explain the content of the "heartbeat" (maybe it's not that hard to reverse-eng it, as the info is tiny). It will also work for non-hotlap servers (if needed).

Hehe, after PiBoSo's last comment you're the gazillion man ;)
I won't complain, I could have got worse than that :)

FYI: once I've been asked what I'd use to describe the next prefix for bytes units: terabyte, petabyte, exabyte, zettabyte, yottabyte then what ? I proposer fukkabyte. Mild approval, but sounds funny :)

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 20, 2014, 08:29:55 PM

FYI: once I've been asked what I'd use to describe the next prefix for bytes units: terabyte, petabyte, exabyte, zettabyte, yottabyte then what ? I proposer fukkabyte. Mild approval, but sounds funny :)

MaX.

LOL  ;D