• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

The Direct Leaners Club (DLC)

Started by HornetMaX, April 18, 2014, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,

I'd like to have all the players using direct lean (in Settings/Input tab, direct lean case ticked) to report here, saying which kind of controller are they using (e.g. which joypad, or wheel or joystick) and if they are or not using manual rider lean left/right.

E.g. for me:

Controller:
  Xbox 360 pad (lean of right stick)
Manual rider lean left/right:
  no

MaX.

JC#21

for me it's :

Controller:
  Xbox 360 pad (lean of left stick)
  no

RiccoChicco

Same here  :)

Controller:
  no

Hawk

April 18, 2014, 04:34:43 PM #3 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:19:40 PM by Hawk_UK
I've always used direct lean, initially via joystick control, but recently bought an Xbox 360 controller for PC and work the direct lean via the right stick on the controller. Finding it very sensitive on the new controller, compared to the old joystick, so I'm thinking of experimenting with direct lean set to off and see how I get on with this Xbox controller.  :)

Controller: Xbox 360 pad (lean off right stick)

Manual rider lean left/right: Not yet. (I'm working on it, otherwise Klax is going to sell his Team Mate. Hehe.  ;D)

Taliessyn

Controller: Thrustmaster Hotas setup ( joystick and throttle )
Auto lean

Just cant play with direct lean off. Bike feels like its riding in molasses

PeterV

Controller:
  no

janaucarre

Direct lean enabled
pad ps3
rider lean auto

BOBR6 84

Xbox 360 pad, lean of left stick

Manual rider lean.. No

Direct lean.. No

Right stick is clutch for me..

RB is downshift, B shift up, X rear brake (dont use)

What is direct lean for?

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 18, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
I've always used direct lean, initially via joystick control, but recently bought an Xbox 360 controller for PC and work the direct lean via the right stick on the controller. Finding it very sensitive on the new controller, compared to the old joystick, so I'm thinking of experimenting with direct lean set to off and see how I get on with this Xbox controller.  :)

Controller: Xbox 360 pad (lean off right stick)

Manual rider lean left/right: Not yet. (I'm working on it, otherwise Klax is going to sell his Team Mate. Hehe.  ;D)

lol

Controller: Xbox 360 pad (Lean off Right Stick)

Manual rider lean left/right: Yes

BerScott

Seems that I'm the only one using a steering wheel in the whole forum :-[. I must say that PiBoSo has done a quite nice job with the weight feel that you can feel on a forcefeesback steering wheel controller, so I recommend to use a steering wheel controller.. I use about 55º of rotation and 25 strong for the FFB. The steering wheel feels absolutely great.

Without the direct lean feature I can assure it is almost impossible to controll the bike with a steering wheel. Is like the input -> reaction takes lot of time, so I have no choice.

Controller: Logitech G25
Manual rider lean left/right: no (I have no inputs enought near to ride fast and comfortably)

HornetMaX

Wow, there are more players than I though that are using Direct Lean ON ! So may I do have a doubt ... Ricco, JC, Klax do you have direct lean ON ?
I was asking for the configs ONLY of the ones who do have direct lean ON ...

@BOBR6 84: if you have direct lean off, well then you should not post in a topic asking who has direct lean ON :) What is Direct Lean, read here (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg2996#msg2996) or here (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=959.msg10948#msg10948)

@BerScott: yeah, not a lot of players using a wheel. I tried once and one of the things I noticed is that it is hard to flick the bike quickly, but to be honest I didn't experiment enouogh. Direct lean ON is a must with a wheel IMO: due to the inertia of the wheel, your input is already "naturally" filtered enough. So what you say (slow input -> reaction with DL off) makes sense, it's exactly what I try to explain when I say that filtering naturally introduce a delay between your action and its result.

MaX.

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 19, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
Wow, there are more players than I though that are using Direct Lean ON ! So may I do have a doubt ... Ricco, JC, Klax do you have direct lean ON ?
I was asking for the configs ONLY of the ones who do have direct lean ON ...

@BOBR6 84: if you have direct lean off, well then you should not post in a topic asking who has direct lean ON :) What is Direct Lean, read here (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg2996#msg2996) or here (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=959.msg10948#msg10948)

@BerScott: yeah, not a lot of players using a wheel. I tried once and one of the things I noticed is that it is hard to flick the bike quickly, but to be honest I didn't experiment enouogh. Direct lean ON is a must with a wheel IMO: due to the inertia of the wheel, your input is already "naturally" filtered enough. So what you say (slow input -> reaction with DL off) makes sense, it's exactly what I try to explain when I say that filtering naturally introduce a delay between your action and its result.

MaX.

Oops, nope I don't use Direct Lean On, I haven't been to bed yet and miss read it. lol

BOBR6 84

Lol ok no problem.. Thanks for the link though I will try out direct lean!

doubledragoncc

April 23, 2014, 09:24:37 PM #13 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:24:53 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys IMHO you have to use Direct Lean to get the right reaction. I used to use a G27 which I first used to design my steering system which acts to counter steering but at the same time is exact for the lean angle of the bike to the handlebars on my system. I use a mini joystick on the left handlebar next to the clutch lever for rider left/right lean and front/rear lean.

IASystems "Fullthrottle HS1" controller (Full race bodied sit-on version)  Only link left as my server is down, scroll down to "Un contrôleur moto pour votre PC". This is a system I am building and no mini joysticks on it yet. As you can see DOH its also with no race body kit. Setting up new server now. Thats not me on it in the grey I aint that old lol.

http://www.theracingline.fr/tag/SimRacing%20-%20Mat%C3%A9riel/5

Direct Lean = YES
Rider left/right lean = Yes, left mini joystick.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Taliessyn

I've actually started using manual lean with direct on recently. I find I lose traction a lot less coming out of a extreme sharp turn by easing off on lean first manually before standing the bike up.