• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:17:24 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

heavy sound problems after gpb crash

Started by ChrisK, April 18, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Hi, i have a realy bad sound problem somtimes when my game crash, i need to restart my computer then or the stucking sound from the game goes not away.

My game freeze, the sound freeze then the game crash but sound is still there, there is nothing i can do, gpb task is not open anymore

ah and now also my controller is still vibrating :D

Klax75

In the task manager, the second tab Processes is there still a "core" listed?

This happens to my sister all the time with EverQuest LandMark. The task manage shows the game has quit in Applications tab, but in the Processes tab it's still open and she can still hear the game music.

ChrisK

ChrisK

can no one help? i dont play anymore, its scary to start the game for me, its not funny to restart the computer 5 times the day :D

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on April 18, 2014, 06:33:03 PM
In the task manager, the second tab Processes is there still a "core" listed?

This happens to my sister all the time with EverQuest LandMark. The task manage shows the game has quit in Applications tab, but in the Processes tab it's still open and she can still hear the game music.

Quote from: ChrisK on April 18, 2014, 06:59:46 PM
its not in the processes

If nothing is in the applications Tab, then my guess is that it must be in the processes list somewhere.... Maybe under a different or unexpected name?

ChrisK

again 2 times today.

first i have no first person engine sound, i hear the brakes, wind etc. but not the engine

in third person all is ok
then when my game crash i have the sound problem and need to restart my comp

ChrisK

restarted my computer but still have no engine sound when in cockpit view

iVolution

Quote from: ChrisK on April 29, 2014, 05:37:51 PM
first i have no first person engine sound, i hear the brakes, wind etc. but not the engine
Not sure about this one, but it might be that the game is playing sounds in surround sound, but your speakers/headphones are in stereo (two speakers). Had similar problems like that before (maybe not with GPbikes) where some noises where no audible, this was caused by the game playing those sounds on side or rear speaker channels which i didn't have with my 2 speaker setup.

About the game freezes i do not really have a clue. Had similar problems somewhere before but not with GPbikes and at least a few years back.

janaucarre

Your problem seems like a reinstall is needed, not much time, something has perhaps go away after another program or update installed after gpbikes.
Are you the administrator of your pc, have you cleaned your hdds, have you cleaned the registry, it can happens after deleting programs.
Have you the latest graphics driver and the last frameworks update?
Try it and come here to say how it worked.

ChrisK

iVolution, yep u was right with 5.1 thanks, but it does not solve the problem

@janau, ya i had bad popups on my computer and adware etc. i clean it with 3 different apps, iexplorer does not work anymore etc.

best is i make format c: and reinstall windows and all

janaucarre

before format c, try tune up utilities, you can find  all what you need for real cleaning your pc.

doubledragoncc

HI guys, just read the thread and thought I better say one thing. Homeland security in USA just posted a warning yesterday not to use iexplore versions 6 to 11 as there has been a major hacker attack and is VERY dangerous to be using. Microsoft is working on it but XP users will get no fix!!! This may not be the problem here but I read that his iexplorer stoped working so thought it best to say. If doing a fresh install and needing to go online to get latest drivers etc DONT use iexplorer use firefox as it is far more stable and less prone to attacks.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.