• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:36:07 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

My curly hands or what?

Started by Reactive, April 21, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reactive

Bike cann`t raise after max lean on low speeds, when smooth (steady) throttle or just beginning to accelerate. And riding fine after 1-2 sec after acceleration.
Is it problems with my riding style, with gamepad or with game engine?
Gamepad Logitech F310 and  settings

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28908695/GPBikes/LowSpeed%20crashes.mp4
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Arvoss

It's your riding style ;) I got the same problem in the beginning. Be more careful when leaning back and never lean without accelerating/riding too slow. ;)

BerScott

As beginner it happens the same to me. BUT I must say that that doesn't happen with default PiBoSo bikes, it only happens with the WSS bikes... I honestly never taken more than a 125cc in real life, but I feel PiBoSo default bikes more responsive and the forcefeedback sent to my steering wheel (yes, I use a G25 for GPB) more info than the WSS bikes.

Don't know what could say real bikers or physics gurus, but is possible that WSS bikes have not accurate physics? could happen the same in real life? don't know, but I feel totally frustrating the feel of WSS bikes while PiBoSo default bikes feels just perfect and I only fall when I know I've made a mistake.

Just my 2 cent.

ChrisK

have the same problem with wss bikes and the 125, direct lean is on

chwiej

Same here.I'm almost giving up.Original bikes are not that bad but it still happends.I play with direct lean on (the only way with wireless xbox 360 controller).I noticed that if you turn off automatic L/R lean off,the problem is gone.WHAT IS GOING ON?It is really annoying,I tried playing with deadzones, smoothing and linearity and nothing seems to help.The other option is to turn off direct lean,but then steering got a huge delay,bike feels like a boat all over the track.I think its a physics problem( virtual rider or automatic lean).

JamoZ

No it`s not. Direct lean is not recommended for gamepads. The delay you talk about is the rider shifting his weight from on side to another on the bike, just like you would do in real life. This is something that`s part of the game and you will have to get used to.

Ian

May 25, 2014, 09:11:36 AM #6 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:11:30 AM by Ian
I use a Xbox360 and pedals and I started with direct lean on, it makes the bike respond quicker but I had to be so careful changing direction quickly without crashing.
Then Piboso stated on the forum that direct lean was not intended for use with a pad so I turned it off.
It will feel completely wrong to start with,the bike will feel heavy and slow.
I noticed right away I could change direction far my quicker without crashing.
To adjust you have to start turning for the corner several meters earlier then you did with direct lean turned on it will take 2 or more sessions but it will feel right once you master it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: chwiej on May 24, 2014, 11:04:55 PM
Same here.I'm almost giving up.Original bikes are not that bad but it still happends.I play with direct lean on (the only way with wireless xbox 360 controller).I noticed that if you turn off automatic L/R lean off,the problem is gone.WHAT IS GOING ON?It is really annoying,I tried playing with deadzones, smoothing and linearity and nothing seems to help.The other option is to turn off direct lean,but then steering got a huge delay,bike feels like a boat all over the track.I think its a physics problem( virtual rider or automatic lean).

Quote from: JamoZ on May 24, 2014, 11:24:33 PM
No it`s not. Direct lean is not recommended for gamepads. The delay you talk about is the rider shifting his weight from on side to another on the bike, just like you would do in real life. This is something that`s part of the game and you will have to get used to.

I utterly (and unsurprisingly) disagree with what Jamoz said above (except the 1st sentence). And having explained the details a fu... hum ...  gazillion times, I won't do it again.

chwiej's comment is very interesting: he seems to say that with DL ON and manual rider lean  L/R ON he has much less troubles. This (or something similar) has been reported by others and seems to indicate that the auto lean L/R could be responsible of the issues, more than direct lean. The fact you don't have the problem when having DL OFF and auto rider lean could come from the huge amount of filtering that DL OFF has.

@Piboso: if the filter responsible of Direct Lean OFF used to filter the signal seen by the auto rider lean L/R algorithm ?
Said otherwise, does having direct lean NO or OFF influence the signal seen as input by the auto rider lean L/R ?

MaX.

JamoZ

QuoteAnd having explained the details a fu... hum ...  gazillion times, I won't do it again.

HornetMaX

JamoZ

chwiej

Quote from: JamoZ on May 24, 2014, 11:24:33 PM
With all the respect,I don't agree with you.You don't turn the bike by just shifting your weight,if that was the case what's the reason for handlebars? You initiate turn by countersteer,than you lean the bike and control that lean with the handlebars and your body movement(weight shifting).Now, the left stick on my controller suppose to more or less simulate the action of handlebars, not the rider lean,if I'm correct.This is why there is a separate option for manual L/R lean. With the direct lean off,coming out of a lefthander I have to push the stick all the way right and then back to center to get the bike quickly  vertical/straight again.Try to do this in real life and see what happends.That is why I prefer direct lean on-more direct way of steering,quick response and no delay.
As I remember,Piboso mentioned that direct lean on option is for use with precise analog devices,such as steering wheels,not gamepads.Did he mean all,or just digital gamepads? Xbox 360 sticks and triggers are analog,so I prefer to use it with as little filtering as possible.Now I wanna explain exactly what happends with direct lean on and automatic rider L/R lean engaged:
Coming out of let say right turn,full lean,trying to get the bike straight and accelerate out,there is a sudden shake in handlebars and I'm loosing the front and fall,of course. It doesn't matter how smooth I try to be with my steering.It feels like somebody else(rider???) just tap on a front brake when still in lean.It can be dealt with by accelerating real strong out of the corner,but it only works on a single corner.Things get really complicated on a chicane,when you can't accelerate in the middle.
Interesting,when I turn of automatic L/R lean(go in manual),problem disappears.So,auto lean is the cause of this?
Piboso,can you fix this issue in next update,please? This sim is simply the best thing that happened  since Richard Burns Rally(God bless his soul)was released.Honestly,I lost hope that I ever see a bike sim of this caliber in today's corporate video game industry.It is way better than sbk 2000/2001 or gp500 ever was.If this small issue can be fixed,it'll be brilliant! If not,I will try to adjust to it and still have more fun in 2 laps,falling thru the turns,than playing all Milestone bike games for years:)

HornetMaX

Quote from: chwiej on May 25, 2014, 07:04:40 PM
With the direct lean off,coming out of a lefthander I have to push the stick all the way right and then back to center to get the bike quickly  vertical/straight again.
This is the  (***zillion + 1)th time this thing has been explained on this forum and Im very very happy it didn't come from me this time :)
chwiej, you have a beer on me anytime you want.

The fact the problem seems to go away with manual rider lean L/R is very very interesting. I'll have a look as soon as possible.

@chwiej: what is the track + bike combo on where the problem (and the fact it goes away with manual rider lean) is more evident ?

MaX.

JamoZ

hey max, why don`t you explain it one last time. For old times sake?  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 25, 2014, 09:20:44 PM
hey max, why don`t you explain it one last time. For old times sake?  ::)
Nah, but if you really want I can PM you :)

MaX.