• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:04:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

How to seriously tarnish a 20yrs fantastic career

Started by HornetMaX, October 25, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

mmm.. can't see an appeal working out for Vale, much as that would be great for the championship.
the mystery and intrigue continues, lol.... ;D

HornetMaX

Next next chapter: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224829/1/honda-data-shows-rossi-kicked-marquez.html

Key bits here  (but it's mostly interesting, good to read it fully):
QuoteDo you believe Valentino kicked Marc's bike?

[Shuhei Nakamoto] "It is clear that Valentino intentionally pushed Marc towards the outside of the track, which is out of the rules, therefore Marc had no other option other than to run wide. The data from Marc's bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi's kick. The data acquisition from Marc's bike is available if anybody from Dorna, the FIM or media want to check."

What is your opinion of Valentino in this moment?

"Valentino is the greatest ever champion of our sport. We believe he has done a great job this year, and if he wins the Championship he truly deserves it, as he has been consistent and very fast all year. The fact that he is 36 years old increases the respect for such a great champion. Having said that, we don't understand his accusation related to the Phillip Island race and his manoeuvre in Sepang. We hope that Valentino will think it over and understand his mistake."

Would be nice to see that, I do hope some media jump on the occasion.

Anyway, despite all the ones claiming they will not watch the Valencia GP, I'm ready to be it will have the highest number of TV spectators ever (for a MotoGp race).

MaX.

P.S.
Re-watched "Hitting the Apex" yesterday (had to show it to my dad): it gives you a lot to think about the latest events ...

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 10:58:07 AM
P.S.
Re-watched "Hitting the Apex" yesterday (had to show it to my dad): it gives you a lot to think about the latest events ...

Cant wait for sequal. Hitting the spaniard :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

WALKEN

November 02, 2015, 05:34:56 PM #78 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:40:33 PM by WALKEN
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 10:58:07 AM
Next next chapter: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224829/1/honda-data-shows-rossi-kicked-marquez.html

Key bits here  (but it's mostly interesting, good to read it fully):
QuoteDo you believe Valentino kicked Marc's bike?

[Shuhei Nakamoto] "It is clear that Valentino intentionally pushed Marc towards the outside of the track, which is out of the rules, therefore Marc had no other option other than to run wide. The data from Marc's bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi's kick. The data acquisition from Marc's bike is available if anybody from Dorna, the FIM or media want to check."

What is your opinion of Valentino in this moment?

"Valentino is the greatest ever champion of our sport. We believe he has done a great job this year, and if he wins the Championship he truly deserves it, as he has been consistent and very fast all year. The fact that he is 36 years old increases the respect for such a great champion. Having said that, we don't understand his accusation related to the Phillip Island race and his manoeuvre in Sepang. We hope that Valentino will think it over and understand his mistake."

Would be nice to see that, I do hope some media jump on the occasion.

Anyway, despite all the ones claiming they will not watch the Valencia GP, I'm ready to be it will have the highest number of TV spectators ever (for a MotoGp race).

MaX.

P.S.

I'm a bit disappointed that Honda used the word "kicked"  what happened to common sense these days?

(" The data from Marc's bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi's kick.")

Max your 1000% correct! It will be a race not to miss by anyone regardless of the drama as it is the drama that brings attention.     
Help me, help you!

Vini

Let's hope CAS does the right thing and gives us the championship finale we deserve.
I'm actually pretty optimistic about it.

Hawk

The data won't prove anything unless they can match TV pictures of Rossi kicking marquez's front brake lever with that data which apparently they have already tried to do without any success; so for Honda to actually come out and say the data in their opinion shows that Rossi did kick Marquez's front brake lever is a total nonsense. More likely Marquez saw the edge of the track coming up and pulled his front brake himself causing him to crash.  :P

I think they will rule for Rossi and we'll have the race we all want to see, otherwise this incident will become a conspiracy incident for the greatest MotoGP rider ever to have been denied the chance to win a 10th title, and that would be a great shame.
If they rule for Rossi then they can let Rossi, Lorenzo, Marquez, and any other rider who can compete with them battle it out fair and square and win or lose it will put this incident to bed for good in MotoGP history.  ;D

Hawk

BOBR6 84

LOL!!! he was nowhere near his front brake.... besides, they have a brake guard to stop that happening!

personally i think they are both guilty.. although i also think rossi should have kept his mouth shut after phillip island.

Vini

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2015, 07:13:39 PMpersonally i think they are both guilty.. although i also think rossi should have kept his mouth shut after phillip island.
No, race direction should have resolved the conflict before the race like Yamaha demanded.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: vin97 on November 02, 2015, 07:15:12 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2015, 07:13:39 PMpersonally i think they are both guilty.. although i also think rossi should have kept his mouth shut after phillip island.
No, race direction should have resolved the conflict before the race like Yamaha demanded.

Resolved what?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2015, 07:13:39 PM
LOL!!! he was nowhere near his front brake.... besides, they have a brake guard to stop that happening!
Hmm even with a brake guard I think it's still possible to hit the brake lever, especially with a knee.
I'm not convinced he gave a proper kick, but the knee movement was definitely suspect to me.

Anyway, the penalty has not been awarded for the kick (or not kick), so at least that makes little difference :)

MaX.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 07:45:13 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2015, 07:13:39 PM
Hmm even with a brake guard I think it's still possible to hit the brake lever, especially with a knee.
I'm not convinced he gave a proper kick, but the knee movement was definitely suspect to me.

Anyway, the penalty has not been awarded for the kick (or not kick), so at least that makes little difference :)

MaX.

Max, you have to have a hell of a good aim to hit the front brake with your knee, while going forward, while actually not looking at it at the moment right before impact, while the other bike is moving as well and, and on top of that manage to get under the brake guard.

Vale might have moved his knee as a reflex when he felt Marc's bike against him, the same way riders use their elbows to nudge another rider on the straights, but I doubt that he could ever kick the brake on purpose (in that situation), not even Rossi is that good. It's the same way I doubt that Marc could have cut Pedrosa's rear wheel sensor cable once more, even if he tried 500 times.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Yes david, I wasn't implying he did it on purpose. To me he just opened the knee to push Marc away an din doing so, it is possible to hit the brake (as Marc was essentially leaning on Vale).

So to me it is: did Vale hit the brake intentionally ? Surely not. Did he open the knee to push him away ? Yes. Was his intention to make him fall ? Very unlikely.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 08:39:06 PM
Did he open the knee to push him away ? Yes. Was his intention to make him fall ? Very unlikely.
Agree on this.

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2015, 08:39:06 PM
Yes david, I wasn't implying he did it on purpose. To me he just opened the knee to push Marc away an din doing so, it is possible to hit the brake (as Marc was essentially leaning on Vale).
To me, it looks as impossible to hit the brake lever with a knee in a way that it is pushed towards the handlebar and then cause the brakes to lock. I think there is not enough space.

My theory is that either Marc accidentally pulled the brake himself too strong or that Rossi hit the Forearm of Marquez in a way that caused the brake to be pulled accidentally and the handlebar to be pushed down on his right side.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

November 02, 2015, 10:37:28 PM #88 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:50:50 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 02, 2015, 10:22:28 PM
To me, it looks as impossible to hit the brake lever with a knee in a way that it is pushed towards the handlebar and then cause the brakes to lock. I think there is not enough space.
Don't know, with the fingers+glove on, with the knee slides on the knee ... anyway, we'll never know.

MaX.

JJS209

just a comment:
the brake lever is grabed by the right hand of the rider when motogp riders are on the track.
so it would be enough to touch the hand of the opponent rider to cause a braking.
its not that tiny and impossible to hit it like the pic will tell us.