• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:35:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Being within a few miles of one of the biggest warehousing operations in the UK (DIRFT) i know first hand the load that a huge influx of people brings; schools, doctors, dentists and housing all at breaking point with huge developments of low quality private (subsidized) rented flats that have become enclaves of other nations with very little integration into the existing community. All in local towns that had high existing levels of unemployment and these are minimum wage jobs again subsidized by taxpayer money - most of the big retailers benefit from more subsidies in working tax credits from the taxpayer than they pay in salaries.

Napalm for president!

Napalm Nick

The country is seriously fucked up, how do we vote not to have a governing body at all and just have endless referendums to any idea Joe Bloggs comes up with on Change.org?(using these new computer thingies rather than paper and pencil) Majority rule on every decision. It is time to move into the 20th Century and let these antiquated old systems go.

Every day that passes Farage seems more and more like the right choice. That alone scares me a bit.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 03, 2016, 09:44:25 PM
The country is seriously fucked up, how do we vote not to have a governing body at all and just have endless referendums to any idea Joe Bloggs comes up with on Change.org?(using these new computer thingies rather than paper and pencil) Majority rule on every decision. It is time to move into the 20th Century and let these antiquated old systems go.

Every day that passes Farage seems more and more like the right choice. That alone scares me a bit.

I think a lot of people (silent majority) voted out hoping it would stem the drift to the right that we have witnessed over the last few years but the current fiasco in Whitehall is probably making it worse   :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on July 03, 2016, 05:41:25 PM
Any quotes from newspapers are just here-say Max..... Okay there maybe some basic truths in what some reputable papers print but all of them are quite willing to take subjects well out of context to push their own opinions onto their readers... That's just the way journalism is these days - Not to be trusted at all mate.  :)
So what do you do to get news ?! You listen to Nigel or Boris ? Live ?

Man, they are reporting facts, confirmed by the respective parties ... then of course you can have your own interpretation of the facts but claiming something is not true only because it appears in a (respectable) newspaper sounds a bit wrong.

And there was nothing out of context in what they wrote there: our Swiss friends will have to double check their intentions in terms of immigration/free people circulation if they want to keep on trading in the EU market. And that's very good in my books. But not so good in somebody else's. Message is clear (and not surprising): you get on with the rules, you're in. Else you're out. The less exceptions the better.

But then yes, you are allowed to keep on thinking this is "doom mongering" and you will get an excellent deal hands down, because you're the UK after all.

Quote from: h106frp on July 03, 2016, 09:57:11 PM
I think a lot of people (silent majority) voted out hoping it would stem the drift to the right that we have witnessed over the last few years but the current fiasco in Whitehall is probably making it worse   :(
If that's what happened, then that would be on par with Cameron's masterpiece strategy :)
I thought politics in Italy was the world's lowest, but the last weeks has made me doubt: in a hypothetical general election right now, I don't put it beyond UK voters to elect somebody that was actually in the stay camp. Total madness.

Is there any chance for a coup d'etat from the royal family ? At least Kate is not too bad looking ... :)

h106frp

I think people are concerned that if an alternative to the current EU situation cannot be found then the next general election will see a populist right winger take power on promises of fighting the EU - it might surprise the rest of europe that is not actually a popular sentiment with the silent majority of the UK who honestly used to believe the EU would fix its problems and just want to get on with life in the easiest way possible.

But..... massive increases in population in a small country with limited resources does not work and if the EU cannot see the problem they should not be running the show. It seems their problem is they can never admit to being wrong because they are better than everyone else and they do not allow us the privilege of replacing them with somebody competent.

You have to understand that for years the vocal minority in the UK have felt that they are the only ones who counted and generally they got their way, these were probably the only voices heard by our own government, the EU and mainland europe - finally people got fed up with it and the (totally expected) 'shock' result.

Napalm Nick

Queenie should be chopping off a few heads anyway - in fact I make it a few million heads - everyone who voted to follow the Governments traitorous ways selling off her Sovereignty. Instant cure for unemployment, housing and also gets rid of a fair few (at least 3 million) people who also don't believe in a Democratic process. Most of London being first in line. No wonder the gallows and imported guillotines are already there.

Personally I don't see much of a problem with free movement as part of a trade deal. That wasn't part of the reason I voted out anyway, but I tend to agree even the EU suggesting it as an option shows continued trade may be more beneficial to them than us. If not I would just say "Unlucky Brits, go trade with Asia or something.

QuoteI don't put it beyond UK voters to elect somebody that was actually in the stay camp.

Max - Post 1 you bet the wrong way on which way the vote would go so maybe more credit is needed than you are offering? But I wouldn't put any money down as a bet either lol.

H - Like I said earlier the shock was only to London and the Government, I really struggle to find anyone outside of London in my circle who voted to stay in.  Massiv3ly underlines the fact the Government and London have no idea (and probably no interest) in what their countries needs and wants are. To me, voting in any London Politicians is utter madness, whether they voted in or out at the referendum.

Vote Napalm - Westcountry the New Big Smoke.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 03, 2016, 10:30:56 PM
But..... massive increases in population in a small country with limited resources does not work
Massive increase ? Small country ?

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 03, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
QuoteI don't put it beyond UK voters to elect somebody that was actually in the stay camp.

Max - Post 1 you bet the wrong way on which way the vote would go so maybe more credit is needed than you are offering? But I wouldn't put any money down as a bet either lol.
Well, it was pretty close so I'm not really ashamed. And by the way I was more or less the only one taking the risk ... everybody else came *after* the vote saying "told you" ... a tad easier.
You didn't seem very convinced *before* the vote if I recall correctly ...

h106frp

The increases in numbers have been very localized (but becoming widespread) so the impact is significant with some small towns seeing 20% increase in population in a few years and very little has been prepared to accommodate such rises particularly healthcare, housing and schools. The failure to integrate also divides populations of small towns who feel their identity is lost.

Its not funny waiting 2 weeks for a doctors appointment, no chance of a dentist and epic waits for hospital treatment, as for housing - forget it, no chance. The lack of housing has driven private rents through the roof with a lot of this subsidized with taxpayer money.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 04, 2016, 12:33:44 AM
The increases in numbers have been very localized (but becoming widespread) so the impact is significant with some small towns seeing 20% increase in population in a few years and very little has been prepared to accommodate such rises particularly healthcare, housing and schools. The failure to integrate also divides populations of small towns who feel their identity is lost.

Its not funny waiting 2 weeks for a doctors appointment, no chance of a dentist and epic waits for hospital treatment, as for housing - forget it, no chance. The lack of housing has driven private rents through the roof with a lot of this subsidized with taxpayer money.
True, but I'd blame that on my local government more than on the EU. The one thing I noticed when I was in the UK is that, as you said, there seems to be 2 UKs: the one of the nice and reasonably wealthy, for whom services are available, residential areas look nice and the politicians come from time to time to hear the needs. And then you have the UK of the totally abandoned ones: the ones that just gets exploited, kept in their miserable conditions, most of the time intentionally.

This happens in other countries too of course, but to a lesser degree (especially for a country that overall does pretty well). But then again, this is not something you can blame the EU for.

Napalm Nick

Yep you were brave to bet, no need to feel ashamed (it wasn't a Nelsons pointy finger 'hawhaw' ) my point was only that whatever made you bet that way was ultimately wrong so if the reason you chose that direction is similar to the reason you think the public would vote in an Innie, then that reasoning might be flawed.  Obvious stuff really, probably didn't even need saying, but without knowing what drives you to think that, it is hard to be specific. It comes across a bit like we are all thick twats lol. (Wheras in a recent poll, only 48% are   :D)

HornetMaX

Ultimately wrong or 52% wrong ? :)

But no, what I'm saying now is that after the result, the chaos in the leave camp is such that some may have second thoughts.
Anyway, it's purely hypothetical: I haven't heard of anticipated general elections so you'r e fine. Well, sort of :)

Napalm Nick

Ah yes then I agree, the chaos is reportedly making people have second thoughts, but only with people who perhaps voted without the courage of their convictions, which , at 4 % may well swing any votes!

Personally I like to convince myself the result was a much greater divide in this way:
Take out Scotlands vote, because they (the government not the lovely people but what can you do) don't want to be part of a UK. Take out Londons vote + anyone else who wants a re-run or Independence, because people who don't believe in upholding a democratic vote really should not have been given a vote.

Now, tot up the 'real' results and the split is more like 70/30. A landslide result for common sense and, well, decency.

Vote Napalm - statistically 'proven' -  the right choice.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 04, 2016, 08:23:44 AM
Ah yes then I agree, the chaos is reportedly making people have second thoughts, but only with people who perhaps voted without the courage of their convictions, which , at 4 % may well swing any votes!
Or maybe people that now doubts about some of the uh ... "promises" of the leave campaign.

But yes, if you take out all the ones that voted stay, the result is a landslide :)

Napalm Nick

Hahaha yes indeed take all those votes out hahaaha, made me laff that! ;D

Yep people who voted on the promises of the leave campaigns "words on a bus"  perhaps should not have a vote either.
Despite voting out, Farage was not part of the Leave campaign...hmmm he is looking a stronger choice every day. God help us.

HornetMaX

I know that I'd be accused of "doom mongering", but I have to break you another bad news: there's no such a thing as God :)