• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:06:50 PM

[HOW-TO] Animate the chain

Started by RiccoChicco, April 15, 2016, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 16, 2016, 11:50:10 AM
Very true BH and kind of you to do so, but you could invite Manu to the party?

DD
+1
It's always great to be asked to a party! LETS PARTY MANU!! Woohoo!! ;D  ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

I send to Manu a pm.

Anyway I have not found a solution, it's a shame, because today I had free time.

doubledragoncc

Well your intentions where good but I am sure Manu will help, he's a cool dude.

best of luck on it.

Wheres the start of the 900 lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Lol the next will be a small bike  ;D

Crossing my fingers the chain problem is solved, (I have not yet talked with Manu) if i put the chain in the rear susp scene finally it works.  ;D

doubledragoncc

The chain thing is great news...............................

Small bike?.......................

I am gonna tell my mummy you wont build me a 900RR and she will come and beat your mummy up and then your mummy will spank your botty!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Quote from: Blackheart on April 17, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

Crossing my fingers the chain problem is solved, (I have not yet talked with Manu) if i put the chain in the rear susp scene finally it works.  ;D

Do you have it animated?

I think i have it mapped correctly now but i cannot animate  :( Did you have to change anything in gfx.cfg?

Blackheart

April 17, 2016, 09:41:06 PM #21 Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:43:36 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: h106frp on April 17, 2016, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on April 17, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

Do you have it animated?

I think i have it mapped correctly now but i cannot animate  :( Did you have to change anything in gfx.cfg?

Same problem here, no anim -.-

Damn i I fixed a problem and now a new one  ;D

I changed my gfx many times, I'm waiting  that Ricco sending me a chain for new tests, maybe mine is wrong.

h106frp

Okay, a lot of trial and error and numerous comedy chains later and i have got as far as a true running chain that animates  with a few issues :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/nr1QceBfkPY

Worked out why the tutorial would not work for me with the chain in the rear wheel scene, local axes for the chain needed to be Y for the rotation axes, Z up, X front to rear for Blender and its exporter (curiously the same as the spinning clutch).

Worked out that BikeED observes the co-ords for chain>pos>x,y,z (spin the chain link tag :)  ) and got that all sorted with chain link and the chain tracking correctly and the chain staying on both front and rear sprockets with the rear suspension tested through its full arc.

In game i cannot get the front sprocket to track though so it must be something to do with chain>engine>x,y,z which do not seem to do anything in BikeED. Anybody know exactly what these co-ords relate to?

Not sure why, when it works OK in BikeEd the game engine should make it more complex  ???

Manu

September 12, 2017, 04:38:27 PM #23 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:42:29 PM by Manu
This method is too far-fetched. Mine is much more faster and easier.

Really everything all you need is on bikeed and the result is perfect.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.