• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 06:15:31 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[RELEASED] Tsukuba Circuit v1.2

Started by BerScott, April 18, 2014, 01:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

I love this track, always have. But for me it suffers from the same problem as alot of other tracks in gpb`s atm. Without warning the front just goes on certain spots on the ideal line. the 1st & 2nd hairpin suffer the most from this, and it`s not only affecting me but i`ve seen numerous other riders with the same problems. My riding style or lines are not the problem, I`ve proven more then once i know how to find my way around a track.  Gp bikes has a problem with cambered track & with elevation changes, so i`m not saying it`s your fault BerScott, but if you can do anything to smooth those corners out a bit, it would help tremendously with the ridability of this track.

HornetMaX

Yep, the tight line on the hairpin (possibly hairpins) has definitely an issue. More likely to be a GPB problem than a track problem, no big news. Where's that popcorn animated gif ... :)

MaX.

JamoZ

I think we have a new hype on the forum  ;D

GhostdogNL

haha Jamoz you and youre animations haha

Warlock

Yes, i was talking with Jamoz today about the problem, and definitely seems our well known problem with camber.
You can feel the track mesh  and then the steering closes with no reason , is like the virtual rider is not countersteering with enough power. Is very noticeable with the 600 bikes. Watch a slow motoin replay when you crash there in those 2 hairpins

JamoZ

Following footage is a replay of me approaching the first hairpin, but if you watch closely you can see you fall there without any reason...

Warlock

BerScott

Quote from: JamoZ on April 24, 2014, 01:35:23 AM
Following footage is a replay of me approaching the first hairpin, but if you watch closely you can see you fall there without any reason...

;D

I will smooth the entire track as I didn't noticed that I was importing it without smoothing (noob fail). Not sure if it could be caused by the dynamic surface feature. Anyway, I've had problems only in the turn 5, seems that is only possible to pass throught fast if you take it open wide. I can take the hairpins with no problem, but maybe because I'm used to ride the 1000cc everytime. Do you have the same problem with all the bikes? because the WSS bikes just fall with a fart ::)

_oDi_

With 125 is impossible to ride, looses the front in every corner... but in gp bikes seems that the bike more smaller and lighter is and more easily falls , is a steering bug, or virtual rider bug... who knows .. :-X

Alby46

yeah the ktm 125 is the hardest to ride
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

April 24, 2014, 11:30:54 AM #55 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:32:46 AM by HornetMaX
A couple of remarks on Tsukuba:

• The current pit-in and pit-out lines seems wrong to me: you could cross them without actually go into the pit lane.
  • Sometimes lap do not get recorded (testing, offline): I'm trying to reproduce and make a video. Don't know where this could come from ... only strange thing I noticed (bay maybe irrelevant) is that the two checkpoints are in the "wrong" order (i.e. CP2 is before CP1) ...
  • Also, checkpoint 1 has zero secs penalty (?) and checkpoint 2 has 2 seconds penalty.

MaX.

BerScott

Seems that all point that a massive fix is needed to make a new version :P Apologizes for all the issues, was expected that the first try was going to be plenty of problems ;D Thanks for the report Max, I will get hands at work as soon as possible and will fix the lap timing and checkpoint problems.

About the pit-in and pit-out issue, it is not possible to fix right now, there's no way to make the pit lines short because coords for the left side of the line must be in negative values in the race data editor in the TrackEd, if I change it to a positive value, the track will not record lap times. "Aragon all smoothed" has the same problem with pit lines, if you check it in TrackEd them look the same, but seems that it doesn't cause any serious problem. Maybe the problem could come from the checkpoints (I guess), will check it soon.

The circuit has graphical issues too, GPB doesn't support double side faces (too bad), so that causes the wire fences only shows one side. Also I will make an asphalt smooth to see if that solves the hairpin issues, or at least improve it a bit. I can't change the road camber, because that's the original shape of the circuit. If the grip issue is a problem from physics, I think it could be better to wait until devs fix that (and make the 125cc rideable?).

If you notice more issues or simply think that it could be improved, please comment here  :).

HornetMaX

Quote from: BerScott on April 24, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
About the pit-in and pit-out issue, it is not possible to fix right now, there's no way to make the pit lines short because coords for the left side of the line must be in negative values in the race data editor in the TrackEd, if I change it to a positive value, the track will not record lap times. "Aragon all smoothed" has the same problem with pit lines, if you check it in TrackEd them look the same, but seems that it doesn't cause any serious problem. Maybe the problem could come from the checkpoints (I guess), will check it soon.

I'm pretty sure that's  not the case, this is a section of victoria's .rdf:
pit_in
{
long = 87.199997
left = -16.000000
right = -7.300000
}
pit_out
{
long = 375.600006
left = -15.500000
right = -7.000000
}

As you can see, both left and right are negative: the pitlane lines are hence as they should, and the track works OK.

Rule #1 of track modding: look at victoria :) (when possible).

But no need to excuse yourself: we are all truly grateful for your 1st class work, very happy to have another top-notch track modder !

MaX.

janaucarre

You can put positive value for the left of the pit in pit out line, there will be no problem. I made a video yesterday on how to do rdf files but after 2 hours of capture and conversion and cut and other i noted that the other windows(where you put the data) doesnt appears, grrrrrrrr

BerScott

That definitely could help! thanks. Will try and testing. Anyway I don't want to release any more track until I have Tsukuba perfectly implemented, because I want to make some other big conversions and it is really annoying for everybody to be releasing updates to patch issues. Anyway I don't mind to release more updates if the track has issues, of course, so please keep reporting if necessary. :) BTW, the A-7-000 Road is around 400MB of *.map file, so I have a headache just thinking on pack the map file and reuploading it, I have a really poor internet bandwitch ::)