• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:06:07 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

The downshifting on the Mura is giving me some trouble here and there.

The gears often don't engage, probably because the rear tyre has too much traction, causing the gearbox simulation to stop the downshift to prevent a seized engine.

PeterV

February 21, 2016, 09:25:14 AM #121 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:51:13 AM by PeterV
I Anyone else having skin problems?

Selected my skin for bike and selected my helmet, they show fine in menu and in a test session.

Online however it just shows plain default white?

*** Solved *** (brain is awake now)

doNico

Yes, it only works on low Rev for me aswell. It sounds like a lock up of the gearbox... I think there's something like a down shift limitation to not over Rev the engine...

~doN

Napalm Nick

Or is it because you are using the rear brake? I have lots of problems on different bikes getting a gear when maximizing braking with rear application.  Many a crash attributed to missing a gear.  >:( lol
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PeterV on February 21, 2016, 09:25:14 AM

Selected my skin for bike and selected my helmet, they show fine in menu and in a test session.

Is that on all servers Peter or just my Race one? If mine then that would be normal because it will only remember the first one you entered server with until it is reset. If its the same on your server and you reset it between paint tests then there is an issue!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I find that it is also possible with a digital button to have the upshift go 2 gears up if a switch is "bounces" which can happen so it needs thinking about.

Otherwise P has done a marvelous job on beta 8.

Peter are you sure nobody ate your helmet skin, there has been a lot of helmet eating on the forums lately? Try deleting the pnt file and re adding it. Has worked for me a few times before.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:27:41 AM
Or is it because you are using the rear brake? I have lots of problems on different bikes getting a gear when maximizing braking with rear application.  Many a crash attributed to missing a gear.  >:( lol

I get it when not using the rear brake Nick it is not related.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:31:07 AM

Is that on all servers Peter or just my Race one? If mine then that would be normal because it will only remember the first one you entered server with until it is reset. If its the same on your server and you reset it between paint tests then there is an issue!

Oeps it was on youre server so that will explain it, thx Nick

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:31:07 AM

I can Second this,

Once you have a skin selected and join a server, ever time you rejoin the server you will always have that skin (regardless of weather you change it)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

grimm

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 20, 2016, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Beta 8 released -> Get slightly excited -> Install Beta 8 -> Get friends to play with -> Hear others get excited on teamspeak -> Fire up the game and click connect -> Core.exe -> Hear friends laugh -> friend gets Core.exe -> Want to laugh but cry instead -> uninstall Gp bikes -> Wait for another year.....

If you're not playing GP Bikes for a whole year, can I borrow your license? ;D I don't yet have the means to purchase a GP Bikes license.

I've seen you around the forum a bit... been thinking about sending a key or two out just to help get a good amount of racers around and online to offset the fact I'm a single player hot lapper and stunt rider (although maybe someday I'll show up on a server and show off the rear wheel mode a little bit if the net code gets sorted.  8)). If nobody else takes care of sending a serial key I'll buy a few and do it. We need more licensed members on the forum that can contribute to the full effect of the sim. ;)

On Beta8, I gave it a go on the 500, totally default, and it feels really good, not as hairy and mean as it used to be, but I suppose a few more laps pushing hard and I'll be right back to head shake city where the 500 belongs. A few laps with the 990 and I still don't like it. I don't like MotoGP, and just overall don't get along with it. Totally a personal thing, so my insight into that is nill at best. Never been into the ragged edge of technology with motorcycles. I think they were fine when the frames were made of steel, shocks came in pairs, and engines were cooled by atmosphere and fuel/plug ratio's. Kinda why I never get into the online thing, I would rather ride a 50hp bike flat out than a 220hp bike that I am constantly struggling to control due to my lack of skill.  :-[

As soon as I can, I'm going to record all the replays from B7, put together another compilation, and start all over again from scratch with B8. By the end of it I'll have a comprehensive list of the best versions to do wheelies in.  ;D

Hawk

I've definitely had the impression in beta 8 that the stability and controllability while in a wheelie is substantially improved on both the 500 and MotoGP 1000 bikes.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: grimm on February 21, 2016, 10:42:04 AM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 20, 2016, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Beta 8 released -> Get slightly excited -> Install Beta 8 -> Get friends to play with -> Hear others get excited on teamspeak -> Fire up the game and click connect -> Core.exe -> Hear friends laugh -> friend gets Core.exe -> Want to laugh but cry instead -> uninstall Gp bikes -> Wait for another year.....

If you're not playing GP Bikes for a whole year, can I borrow your license? ;D I don't yet have the means to purchase a GP Bikes license.

I've seen you around the forum a bit... been thinking about sending a key or two out just to help get a good amount of racers around and online to offset the fact I'm a single player hot lapper and stunt rider (although maybe someday I'll show up on a server and show off the rear wheel mode a little bit if the net code gets sorted.  8)). If nobody else takes care of sending a serial key I'll buy a few and do it. We need more licensed members on the forum that can contribute to the full effect of the sim. ;)

Man, are you serious? That would be awesome to be honest.

Napalm Nick

@PiBoSo

Is there a limit to the amount of data the chat window can hold? Or a bug?

In our 3 day event the chat has stopped working  (server driven chat still works).

Thanks.

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 21, 2016, 06:20:10 PM #133 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:46:03 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Indeed, there is a very big improvement between beta 7, and beta 8. Without changing the tyres, I was able to lap continuously. Despite using most of the laps to test certain lines and grip levels, I went onto the grass 4 times (without crashing), and only crashed on track 3 times. Laps 9 and 14 were spent on setup (no tyres changed). See attached image below

Edit: Soft front, and hard rear

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 03:37:54 PM
@PiBoSo

Is there a limit to the amount of data the chat window can hold? Or a bug?

In our 3 day event the chat has stopped working  (server driven chat still works).

Thanks.

its and old known problem Nick....