• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 09:52:58 AM
I'm having to calibrate my controllers each time too because it's not remembering the settings from the previous calibration.
What do you mean exactly ?
It doesn't remember the calibration settings or the associations (what to use for lean, throttle etc) ?
If the former, how do you verify it doesn't remember them ?

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 09:47:14 AM
IN GPB all original files function if in effects\effects\particles\ .......................BUT if you want a MOD to work it should be in effects\particles\............

All files should be in this way structured but some extractors like Winrar etc automatically double up on the original folder giving you effects\effects

If you have double structured GPB manually move all files to the first folder in the structure and delete the double that should now be empty as you moved the files from it into the first folder.

Bugger I am bad at this sort of stuff. Sorry

DD

This all depends on how the original file was packed: If packed in a folder then when unpacking you select "Extract here" from WinRAR extraction menu, if not packed in a folder then you select "Extract to [filename]\".
The only way to know if it's been packed inside a folder or not is to actually open up the WinRAR programme and take a look at the archive structure, but I know we all like speed and convenience so we tend to just use the quick right click function menu instead. I do too. Lol ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

You can have "Extract to [XXXXXX]" and "Extract here" both in the context menu (right click). I'm 100% sure for peazip (free), should be the same for WinRAR.
For GPB .pzk archives you should always use "Extract here", as they all contain their "root" folder.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 02, 2016, 09:56:36 AM
Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 09:52:58 AM
I'm having to calibrate my controllers each time too because it's not remembering the settings from the previous calibration.
What do you mean exactly ?
It doesn't remember the calibration settings or the associations (what to use for lean, throttle etc) ?
If the former, how do you verify it doesn't remember them ?

It's the actual movement controller calibration it's not remembering for me. I know because when I first go online and go on track I open up the throttle and the clutch slips badly, so I go and calibrate my controller movements by clicking the  "Calibration" button - recalibrate all controller and control movements(I use foot pedals as well as my joystick(bring on the jokes. Hehe)) and my clutch is biting okay after that. But I have to do this every time I start GPB now. This didn't used to happen in GPB Beta 6.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

If you watch my last video here I say about how all of a sudden my brakes are sharper. I had just booted the PC and started GPB recording and my controls were all the same but the input was the best I ever had!!!! If only it would stay that way. I am trying to replicate it but not done it yet.

SO, this means there is something wrong with the whole input system, why is it most of the time OK but then all of a sudden it is frickin brilliant, so precise???

PLEASE Piboso, what could cause this?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 10:16:13 AM
If you watch my last video here I say about how all of a sudden my brakes are sharper. I had just booted the PC and started GPB recording and my controls were all the same but the input was the best I ever had!!!! If only it would stay that way. I am trying to replicate it but not done it yet.

SO, this means there is something wrong with the whole input system, why is it most of the time OK but then all of a sudden it is frickin brilliant, so precise???

PLEASE Piboso, what could cause this?

DD

I did note in Pibs Dev diary pre-beta 8 release that he was tuning the controller calibration, so maybe it's not quite perfect yet?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 10:08:33 AM
It's the actual movement controller calibration it's not remembering for me. I know because when I first go online and go on track I open up the throttle and the clutch slips badly, so I go and calibrate my controller movements by clicking the  "Calibration" button - recalibrate all controller and control movements(I use foot pedals as well as my joystick(bring on the jokes. Hehe)) and my clutch is biting okay after that. But I have to do this every time I start GPB now. This didn't used to happen in GPB Beta 6.
Bug report then: video showing you starting GPB, main menu, settings, input1, move the joystick/pedals to show it's uncalibrated. Then calibrate and move again to show it's ok. Then exist, restart, main menu, settings, input1, move. If it is uncalilbrated, it should be very visible.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: woodbury on March 02, 2016, 08:51:55 AMimes these relaase
Does the "Controller profile" thingy work for you ? For me it only says "--------".

Probably related to the calibration not being 'saved' to a profile.

I am very guilty of installing Beta 8, seeing this option, fiddling with it for 5 seconds and thinking "that doesn't do anything I will look at it later" then never re-visiting it. Lol.

Sometimes it would be nice to have an explanation of what new things do/try to do/fail to do.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 02, 2016, 10:54:18 AM
Does the "Controller profile" thingy work for you ? For me it only says "--------".

Not sure. Calibration works fine for me (not lost) and I do see the "---------".
That said, I use the xinput.dli (which is supposed to make calibration unnecessary).

Hmm ...

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 02, 2016, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 02, 2016, 10:54:18 AM

Not sure. Calibration works fine for me (not lost) and I do see the "---------".
That said, I use the xinput.dli (which is supposed to make calibration unnecessary).

Hmm ...
xinput.dll? Hmmm.... I don't have that installed, but I know I had it installed on previous betas, so maybe that is the problem why it's not remembering the calibration settings for me because seems to remember the settings for other users?  :-\

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 11:00:18 AM
xinput.dll? Hmmm.... I don't have that installed, but I know I had it installed on previous betas, so maybe that is the problem why it's not remembering the calibration settings for me because seems to remember the settings for other users?  :-\
Typically it should be useful only for people with Joypads (to avoid the "combined trigger" crap).
Are your devices xinput ? If yes you can give it a try.

Napalm Nick

Could be. Unlike Beta 7 ( ::))  this time I remembered to install all that stuff again before playing lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 02, 2016, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 11:00:18 AM
Typically it should be useful only for people with Joypads (to avoid the "combined trigger" crap).
Are your devices xinput ? If yes you can give it a try.

Xinput is the direct X controller input interpreter isn't it(for want of a better word)? Then the answer is yes.
I'll have to install the xinput.dll and see if that solves the problem..... I'll report back here with the result as it maybe help someone else with the same issue.  :)

Hawk.
PS: Anyone have the latest version xinput.dll link, or will any link I find on the forum be the latest version?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Normally you only need the .dli (to be put in gpb plugins folder).