• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:41:17 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gear change not working??

Started by MonJue, February 19, 2017, 09:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Hi All,

As im still learning to do at least one lap without crashing Im switching between manual and auto gearing.
The problem im having is, when using auto gears and the bike is on a slight angle (such as corning) the gearing wont change until the bike is upright.. this even happens on long sweeping corners that should allow this... can anyone help me?

Thank you as always.

Blackheart

Forget the automatic shift  :P Its useless, and learn manual requires just a few laps.

Napalm Nick

Have to agree. Lose the auto gears; they are actually holding you back from developing your skills. Spit on them as you cast them to the OFF position.  ;)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MonJue

Yes i have to agree... i dont know if you guys are using xbox control like me? but what buttons do you find best for gear shift?
I currently use Y and B.

Thanks for the reply's!

Napalm Nick

yep Xbox 360

I use the top shoulder buttons - right for up a gear, left for down.

I am a little weird with the throttle/brake because I use the right stick wheras I think most use the bottom shoulder buttons.

A/B/X/Y for gesturesand visor cleaning

Left stick for steering and rider forward/back (manual override), Right stick throttle/brake and rider left/right lean (manual override)

Dpad for ECU control and Limiter.

Back button for reset.

That's my personal setup . I think the shoulder button throttle and brake control is probably better (and you can do burnouts) but I cant change after a lifetime of using the stick lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Quote from: MonJue on February 19, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
Yes i have to agree... i dont know if you guys are using xbox control like me? but what buttons do you find best for gear shift?
I currently use Y and B.

Thanks for the reply's!

Gpx controller:

A - Down
B - Up