• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBikes Owners Club | Crafty Crofty | Daily Races |

Started by Napalm Nick, August 25, 2015, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

August 27, 2015, 12:57:29 PM #45 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:04:47 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 27, 2015, 10:47:29 AM
I think we need an unofficial official set of races here tonight.

Hope to see y'all there. Gp250/vanilla Croft unless we get the new NDS version in time.  ;D

What I can do is release the Croft V0.7_NDS version if that would be okay for the event?  ;)

Hawk

Hawk

August 27, 2015, 01:05:25 PM #46 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:06:39 PM by Hawk UK
Thanks to Nick and teeds for the Croft V0.8b_NDS bump test feedback so far..... I've noted your feedback both here and online and am looking into it.  ;)

If anyone else has any thoughts please let me know. Thanks.  :)

Thanks guys, appreciated!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: If anyone prefers the totally smooth track surface, then please let me know because I can always release a version for both bumpy and smooth if that is what some would want?  :)

CapeDoctor

well, my first two fast laps on the new bumps version also happened to be two consecutive record laps for me, so i know that that i like this version a lot, lol.
although there are still some small bumps to be careful of, it's nowhere near as deadly as they were before. two thumbs up from me.  ;D
(please keep some bumps, as it makes any track a lot more realistic and characteristic - also not a fan of clinical, smooth-as-a-baby's-bum, computer-generated circuits. well, err..... , guess we have no choice on that last, lol :P)

Napalm Nick

Just deleted my last message as track release messages overlapped lol.

OK nds  version tonight everyone! Lol.

As for smooth track why not, one day some Nutter might want a gp800 race there lol.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: CapeDoctor on August 26, 2015, 08:05:38 PM
that's actually one that i do enjoy, even though it still catches me out every 6 or 7 laps, lol.
the trick i found there is that you need to back off the throttle ever so slightly just before the bump, then accelerate hard all the way through the bump. bike settles easier and gets through it nicely, 9 times out of 10.  ;)
Tried your technique through those bumps and it works a treat!  ;D

Now I'm wondering should I still take those bumps out??  :-\

Hawk.

Quote from: CapeDoctor on August 27, 2015, 02:54:31 PM
well, my first two fast laps on the new bumps version also happened to be two consecutive record laps for me, so i know that that i like this version a lot, lol.
although there are still some small bumps to be careful of, it's nowhere near as deadly as they were before. two thumbs up from me.  ;D
(please keep some bumps, as it makes any track a lot more realistic and characteristic - also not a fan of clinical, smooth-as-a-baby's-bum, computer-generated circuits. well, err..... , guess we have no choice on that last, lol :P)

Great to hear your enjoying the track Doc!  ;D

The bumps were created from a lot higher resolution track mesh than the old version, so the bumps should act more like a real bump with grip rather than the old version were if you hit a bump with any angle you were almost guaranteed to crash. But nicely figured out in your other post above about how to handle some of these bumps.  8)

Congrats on your personal track record at Croft!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

@NICK: What time we thinking of for the fun event at Croft v0.7_NDS tonight?  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Anytime we have enough but let's say 21:00cet as usual for the first official non official scrap  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 27, 2015, 04:10:00 PM
Anytime we have enough but let's say 21:00cet as usual for the first official non official scrap  :)

Rodger doger mate. Just wanted a rough time so I don't miss out. Lol

I'll be there!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

BOBR6 84

Is there a new dynamic version of croft? Or just NDS?
I know the reasons for NDS tracks (and apreciate the work!) but not a fan at all.. In fact I hate NDS tracks  :P

Napalm Nick

there is a normal version 0.7 of Croft that is Dynamic. In fact we have used this all week but seen many cores so now Hawk has made us an NDS version where we race now.

One day Bob, one day......

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 27, 2015, 08:02:11 PM
I know the reasons for NDS tracks (and apreciate the work!) but not a fan at all.. In fact I hate NDS tracks  :P

I'll do a dynamic version when I release the final version of Coft V0.8b. Still just testing the new V0.8b so not officially released yet. But there is a dynamic v0.7 version in the database already.  ;)

Hawk

Hawk

August 27, 2015, 09:13:10 PM #57 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:19:27 PM by Hawk UK
Really enjoyed the race tonight. 5 laps goes really quick lol.  ;D

Congrats to Janau for the win... Well done mate! ;) 8)

Also congrats to Yan for the amazing fastest lap time. Your just a God Jan! Lol  ;D

Thanks for the race guys and Nick the host. Great job!  8)

Hawk.
PS: @Nick: Server cut off very quick tonight? I didn't even get chance to save my replay. Lol

Napalm Nick

yes cos server is set for anyone to control, it has an auto reset at 60 seconds after race. Normally I would go back to qually or practice before this but I was not quick enough because when I asked if everyone wanted to go again there was no reply, so everyone gets booted back to bike choice screen and has to join again.

It is set like this so people cannot hog the server all day with others not being able to join.

yes it was good but too much practice  - we should of had 3 races there not one  ;D

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 27, 2015, 09:08:03 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 27, 2015, 08:02:11 PM

I'll do a dynamic version when I release the final version of Coft V0.8b. Still just testing the new V0.8b so not officially released yet. But there is a dynamic v0.7 version in the database already.  ;)

Hawk

Good news! Nice one  ;) 8) yes I have the old version, done many many laps.. As much as I like it, there is some lines the bike will not do lol. Il check the new version out cheers.