• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 06:34:56 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Thanks Peter swift work saved me some stress there m8  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on February 21, 2016, 09:09:09 PM
No offense but all the best riders have had the core.exe in the start... it was not a great first race, let's be honest.

Before the race I jokingly said 12 cores ... I have almost guessed it.  ::)

Did you get out of the wrong side of your bed this morning Blacky or what? Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk on February 21, 2016, 09:18:59 PM
No offense but all the best riders have had the core.exe in the start... it was not a great first race, let's be honest.

Did you get out of the wrong side of your bed this morning Blacky or what? Lol  ;D

Hawk.

I do not think you've seen how many laps they did meyer and vin ...

For me it's the worst race ever seen, that's my opinion ... the race was handled very badly (no chat? Wtf?) 5-6 riders have had a core in the start line or in the first corner, we came back after 20 seconds and no 1 reboot?  :o

Personally if i will see another event like that, I do not participate more.

Napalm Nick

Thanks it has only taken me the best part of 3 days work and server stress to get to that feedback
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

February 21, 2016, 09:36:51 PM #186 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:44:28 PM by Warlock
Quote from: Blackheart on February 21, 2016, 09:28:00 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 21, 2016, 09:18:59 PM

Hawk.

I do not think you've seen how many laps they did meyer and vin ...

For me it's the worst race ever seen, that's my opinion ... the race was handled very badly (no chat? Wtf?) 5-6 riders have had a core in the start line or in the first corner, we came back after 20 seconds and no 1 reboot?  :o

Personally if i will see another event like that, I do not participate more.

no offense m8, but he did a good job. We've been there before many times (ask PeterV), and this is the way it should be managed. 
Race restarts is a real mess, trust me.
I'm telling you this , and i was the first one who got the core.exe at starting grid.  ;)

doubledragoncc

Well I say BIG THANK YOU Nick..............best fun I had in ages.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

February 21, 2016, 09:40:38 PM #188 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:46:50 PM by vin97
Maybe I miss something completely but why are the replay files even so large??

Simply logging all the user inputs should not create such large files.

edit: and thanks to nick for organizing as always.
i guess the new-beta-is-out-phase is giving us a bit more problems than usual.

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:30:25 PM
Thanks it has only taken me the best part of 3 days work and server stress to get to that feedback

I do not understand why you have disabled the chat, it makes no sense! It 'the only way to tell if someone has had some problems bah.

I repeat no a good race. A good race is with all rider on the track at the end of the first lap  and this is not my opinion is a rule.

doubledragoncc

I saw somewhere that Nick asked Piboso if chat had a limit as it had stopped working!!!

It was NOT Nicks fault he did not have to do all the hard work for us but he did.

DD

Blackheart

February 21, 2016, 09:48:08 PM #192 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:50:24 PM by Blackheart
I had understood that Nick had to manually disable the chat. If not I apologize.  :o

EDIT: Ok I did not understand anything ... and I got too angry ... that fool.  :-[

Napalm Nick

The chat is a Bug (a known bug it turns out) as I reported in this thread and elsewhere in the forum today. It just stopped working and the nature of the event prevents server restarts to clear it. I am surprised you assume I turn it off.

I agree with having everyone on the server makes a good race. Have I not setup and run all the club races with this fact in mind before to try and give everyone fun and received just as much ire from people saying its not fair to keep restarting?????

I cannot win if people cannot compromise a little.

My motto still stands "making the best of the tools we are given" (broken Beta ones).

Blackheart

Quote from: Warlock on February 21, 2016, 09:36:51 PM
no offense m8, but he did a good job. We've been there before many times (ask PeterV), and this is the way it should be managed. 
Race restarts is a real mess, trust me.
I'm telling you this , and i was the first one who got the core.exe at starting grid.  ;)

Sorry, but I have participated in all the events organized ... the restart are not a problem.  ;)