• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 07:24:25 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GPBikes](WIP) Kirkistown Race Circuit

Started by kmracing99, March 08, 2015, 02:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: kmracing99 on March 17, 2015, 05:31:19 PM
i'm terrible with this lmao..
so how do i increase the poly count of the corners? am i going to have to subdivide and manually move the subdivided polys?

I'm not sure how Grooveski does it, but for me personally I use Nurb curves and loft to create the track surface; I can then choose whatever density of ploy's I choose. In fact I create several different track surfaces, all with different density of ploy's as some parts of a track need more poly density than others, just depends on the type of track your working with(whether it's mainly flat or hilly with tight curves, etc, etc).

Hawk.

kmracing99

i used nurb curves to make the track, gonna have a look at how to increase the polys when using that

Grooveski

March 17, 2015, 10:45:45 PM #17 Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:15:29 PM by Grooveski
Increasing the resolution of the curve should do it.  DefResolU at the top of the Curve and Surface panel - it's 6 as default - try upping it to 12.
Doing that, making 2 models and taking the straights from one and the corners from the other is probably your best bet.

The other option is to subdivide parts of the model you've already made...
Mesh » Edges » Subdivide, Specials » Subdivide/Subdivide Smooth
...but that will increase the poly count in both directions so you'll end up with two strips of road and will have to either go round merging the poly pairs or just live with the track having a slightly higher poly count than it should.

kmracing99

When i subdivide smooth it, it just goes nuts, plus i deleted the nurb after i had the track modelled ._.

Grooveski

Likely needing welded first or something.
Just dawned on me I've explained subpatching before  :) - have a read of this.

Anyhow, zip it up and send it over, include the road texture but not the aerial photos.
grooveski@hotmail.co.uk
I'll up the detail and bounce it back.  ;)

kmracing99

few more questions:
how do the collisions work? do i just add a collision physics thingy onto the track?

and do i just model the kerbs and merge them onto the main track?

Hawk

March 19, 2015, 05:17:16 PM #21 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:19:01 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: kmracing99 on March 19, 2015, 04:17:37 PM
few more questions:
how do the collisions work? do i just add a collision physics thingy onto the track?

and do i just model the kerbs and merge them onto the main track?

You just need to model/texture and export the objects. All the collision work is sorted out for you so long as you correctly name the modelled objects before export. Refer here for detailed information: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Hawk.

kmracing99

March 22, 2015, 12:40:44 AM #22 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:59:45 AM by kmracing99
theres an fbx exporter in blender, thank goodness.

My minds gone shopping whilst im trying to figure out how to export  ::)