• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 10:03:42 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

Quote from: dude on March 31, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
Aaaargh common guys...

I've played now for 2 hours in carreer-mode and I have a lot of fun. You cant play this game with the hope of having a simulation.

I bought at first bike the ducati monster 696...cause I drive a 796 in real. It was a bad choice cause the 696 is the absolutly slowest and I had to fight even with difficult at very easy cause the speed triples overtook me easy on the straights.
Second bike was a ducati streetfighter (yep iam a duc fanboy) and this bike makes me smile. The sound goes lovely BROOB BRROOOOBB...
The track Wales is fantastic! Try out cockpitview (without helmet) and grab a faster bike.

I really like the game cause its the only one in this format. You can have fun with naked bikes on track days, going for road racing with a sport bike and get wet with a prototype.
The rider customization is a cool feature and the bike tuning is ok. Wish their was more optical parts.

I payed 20,-€ for a steam key for this game and thats absolutly fair!
+1 dude........+1

doubledragoncc

@Klax

Heres your answer m8, not only you with the problem, from VVV today

"Unfortunately, the problems keep persisting, as players are reporting a widespread problem where their save game data files are being lost when progressing through the world tour mode. The issue seems to be widespread and affecting both the PS4 and PC version of Ride. Some users reporting that their save files are corrupted when booting the game. Others are finding that bikes, unlocked races or credits acquired in the World Tour are missing.

It's a frustrating situation, and one that should never have got past QA, frankly. For now it's probably best to stick to the quick race mode until Milestone release a patch, which they are said to be working on"

Sorry dude

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

If it gives you the finger with the saved game..

Press cancel NOT delete saved game.. Then it will start a new game asking you to create a new rider and choose bike.. Do that!

Then quit and restart the game...

Sorted  :D

Milestone will never fix half the bugs in this game lol fact.

doubledragoncc

Yeah tell me about it BOBPPPPPPPPP. I ended up setting the graphics to no AFX, medium settings and only 1GB for textures even though I have 4GB on a GTX670, not the fastest card but its only a laptop dang it lol, also got 20GB RAM with an i7 at 3.2Ghz it baffles me.

I ended up with 40+FPS so it was not too bad but poor quality for 2015! Fully tuned lil Triumph was quite fun on Imola as I know the track well. Battles are fun and I have to admit I enjoyed it................wait dont shoot the messenger for gods sake lol. I am fighting with my new 3D printer for the parts for the new controllers and am actually looking forward to trying RIDE with them. I was never good at 3D CAD and gears aint easy lol, any offers for help lol. Drinking too much coffee doing long hours and my gunshot hand shakes like shit after 30 mins with a gamepad...........not lol.

Well I think if Pilestone sorts out a patch to fix some shit it could get better, but will never be a really GOOD bike game, just fun I think.

Oh and for those who asked about the 3D printing its FUCKING AMAZING.........sorry peeps but that is the only way to say it. Will open a thread in the controller section about it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Klax75

April 01, 2015, 02:13:56 AM #244 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:20:18 AM by Klax75
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 31, 2015, 11:20:25 PM
If it gives you the finger with the saved game..

Press cancel NOT delete saved game.. Then it will start a new game asking you to create a new rider and choose bike.. Do that!

Then quit and restart the game...

Sorted  :D

Milestone will never fix half the bugs in this game lol fact.

I've tried that, it didn't work for me. As soon as I restart it just asks me to delete or cancel again. Doesn't fix anything. :(

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Klax75 on April 01, 2015, 02:13:56 AM
I've tried that, it didn't work for me. As soon as I restart it just asks me to delete or cancel again. Doesn't fix anything. :(

In your position Klax what I did was to track down and delete specifically my "career" data save file. That way I kept all my bikes and upgrades (which for me is the main priority) but lost obviously my career progression. For me the "career" aspect is not that important. I am more in to doing TT and online races.  Anyway, Milestone notwithstanding(!), a patch is now on its way.

For me it's a fun game. Most interesting bikes for me in the game are the Pro Circuit open class race bikes which are quite a "blast" to ride on the limit. But RIDE is not and never will be a rival to gpbikes!

https://www.youtube.com/v/RP_vLidF66I

grT  ;)

Grooveski

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 01, 2015, 12:33:35 AMI was never good at 3D CAD and gears aint easy lol, any offers for help lol.

I'll have a go at it if you like.  Done some gear design at uni(which was a long time ago now but I've still got the book on the shelf). 
I think Inventor has a gear wizard - or at least a utility that takes the math out of the job.  I'm a rank amateur at Inventor but willing to watch a few vids and have a shot(it's not so far removed from AutoCAD and I've ten years behind me using that all day every day - shouldn't take too long to get to grips with).

That's good that folk are having fun with RIDE.  There is a place for games that don't hit the sim mark, I had a lot of fun on the bikes in TDU.  Was another one with an odd chase view pivot position but the onboard view was good so I just used that all the time.
Gonna get sick of hearing every ad break of the GP season that it's "The game the fans have been waiting on".  I consider myself a bike game fan and it's a long, long way from the game I've been waiting on.    :P

Klax75

Quote from: girlracerTracey on April 01, 2015, 06:13:47 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on April 01, 2015, 02:13:56 AM

In your position Klax what I did was to track down and delete specifically my "career" data save file. That way I kept all my bikes and upgrades (which for me is the main priority) but lost obviously my career progression. For me the "career" aspect is not that important. I am more in to doing TT and online races.  Anyway, Milestone notwithstanding(!), a patch is now on its way.

For me it's a fun game. Most interesting bikes for me in the game are the Pro Circuit open class race bikes which are quite a "blast" to ride on the limit. But RIDE is not and never will be a rival to gpbikes!

https://www.youtube.com/v/RP_vLidF66I

grT  ;)

Thanks but it didn't work, same with Bob's suggestion. I took out career load the game. It's says data is corrupt, delete or cancel. Hitting cancel will never say changes it tells me. I go through make a new rider, pick my first bike. Quit the game start again same thing happens. I did get it going a couple days, ago, but my races were saved that it said I won, but I had none of my bikes at all. Had no money or leathers, yet I was ranked 220 in the virtual world. The races I had one I would get a quarter of the winnings from them, and I don't even have the bikes to race them anymore.

girlracerTracey

April 01, 2015, 10:47:30 AM #248 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:51:22 AM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: Grooveski on April 01, 2015, 06:54:09 AM
..it's a long, long way from the game I've been waiting on.    :P

This is why so many people have invested all their trust & energy in gpbikes. I just cannot see a mainstream developer making a decent "simulation" m/c racing game any time soon. Who? What? Where? When? I don't think it's going to happen..which is really sad and reflects the modern gaming world we "live" in.

gp500-2 would have hit the spot for me with uprated physics and up to date graphics. It was not to be however.  :( 

Go PiBoSo go!

grT  :)

girlracerTracey

For those who might have the pc version of RIDE and are suffering problems (Klax?) a patch is available on Steam for the pc version of the game.

I don't think this is the final patch but an intermediary one to ease the pain a bit. I think the world tour is less prone to causing crashes to desktop when you exit that part of the game now back to the main menu.

So someone is working "late" at Milestone it would seem.

grT

JJS209

just a question, i never saw u online anywhere but u have maybe 300 post in this thread. why?

doubledragoncc

Seriously JJ, grT is one of the best know riders in GPB and GP500!

Thanks for the info grT but steam is not auto updating the patch for some reason. I cant FIND the patch and when I log into steam it is not updating as with Assetto or R3E or The Crew. I even validated my files and it would not update. I have been checking many times a day to fix this poo.

I have noticed that in low graphical settings the rider movement is far smoother due to higher frame rates, BUT it looks like shit doing so. The PC patch should be to fix the save game issue and the frame rate problems.

Just need to get it to install the bloody patch!

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 03, 2015, 09:49:52 PM
Seriously JJ, grT is one of the best know riders in GPB and GP500!

Thanks for the info grT but steam is not auto updating the patch for some reason. I cant FIND the patch and when I log into steam it is not updating as with Assetto or R3E or The Crew. I even validated my files and it would not update. I have been checking many times a day to fix this poo.

I have noticed that in low graphical settings the rider movement is far smoother due to higher frame rates, BUT it looks like shit doing so. The PC patch should be to fix the save game issue and the frame rate problems.

Just need to get it to install the bloody patch!

DD

Have you got steam set to auto-update your installed software.... I think it's a check-box in the steam settings/preferences(not sure which one it is)?

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

Quote from: JJS209 on April 03, 2015, 09:33:08 PM
just a question, i never saw u online anywhere but u have maybe 300 post in this thread. why?

Not 300 posts in this particular thread but overall yes roughly in that region.

I was online briefly on beta 4c before beta 5 came out. If I am honest I am not as keen on the latest betas. So I am keeping a watching brief I guess. Until things on gpbikes evolve further..  If and when I try out gpbikes these days it is offline.  Having said that I suspect the majority of purchasers of the licence probably use it offline although I am not 100% sure about that.

I am interested however in how things evolve. Like others I hanker after something which offers a higher level of simulation than is available from mainstream developers. Milestone included.  ;)

grT

doubledragoncc

April 03, 2015, 10:22:14 PM #254 Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:27:13 PM by doubledragoncc
H I have it on auto update and it works as assetto has done a few over the last weeks but none for ride yet

Just got off the steam forum and all hell is breakin loose, theres a patch, YES, BUT it seems to have made it worse!!! Heres a few guys chattin:-

"Me too but, No effects here for me .... -.- Nothing. And no patch "notes" .... anywhere....
Last edited by [HWM] eLvis; 4 hours ago

garsp  has RIDE: Game 4 hours ago
Just tried a championship that crashed before now its working hope it stays that way

BigAssWalrus  has RIDE: Game 4 hours ago
Please someone tell me it doesn't crash anymore. If they fixed anything else other than the crashing, I'm about to uninstall and file it in my "lessons Learned" section and not buy another damn game from these dev's. What a damn shame. I think we need another dev to develop a motorcycle game, this way we have options and we are not eating the scraps off of milestones floor to give us something we want.

I really don't get how after 1 hour of playing I found a load of bugs and crashes. How do you not test a product you sell to people? After playing about 15-20 hours and I find a bug, thats understandable. 1 hour a load of bugs and crashes? How? All that effort to producing a game, and it all turned into a bunch of cow crap all over your front door.

Yeah but sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. Play for a while, if you get past a few hours and no crashes, thats better than what I had. I couldn't get past 5 minutes after multiple crashes, I just gave up and played something else.

late_apex  has RIDE: Game 4 hours ago
The new update just fixed the problem I was having. My game would crash everytime I tried to exit "World Tour" mode. Now I can leave World Tour mode with no issues.

[HWM] eLvis  has RIDE: Game 4 hours ago
After the Patch i can play the World Tour, but as soon as i go outside to the Main Menu, and re-enter world tour my World Rank score is lost. Now i dont even have to shut the game down to lose my score. Cool patch.

Keras  has RIDE: Game 4 hours ago
Aww, damn. I was excited because I finally got to a loading screen after selecting a bike for a championship but the game crashed while loading :/
At least it got a little further so it looks like they are tracking down the problem."

So yes typical Pilestone workmanship it would seem and I still cant find the patch, not even on FB

DD