• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 03, 2021, 12:10:44 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


GP Bikes beta20 WIP

Started by PiBoSo, April 06, 2021, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMaster

Always on the edge

javiliyors


VSMaster

will the stock M2 be tuned for b20?
Always on the edge

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

x1mk_z3

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2021, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: VSMaster on September 12, 2021, 04:12:19 PMwill the stock M2 be tuned for b20?

Yes, but nothing major.
Do you plan on changing the engine power to the same spec as the 2018 Honda engines?
Callum (MK)

PiBoSo

Quote from: x1mk_z3 on September 13, 2021, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2021, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: VSMaster on September 12, 2021, 04:12:19 PMwill the stock M2 be tuned for b20?

Yes, but nothing major.
Do you plan on changing the engine power to the same spec as the 2018 Honda engines?

Do you know where a dyno can be found?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2021, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: x1mk_z3 on September 13, 2021, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2021, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: VSMaster on September 12, 2021, 04:12:19 PMwill the stock M2 be tuned for b20?

Yes, but nothing major.
Do you plan on changing the engine power to the same spec as the 2018 Honda engines?

Do you know where a dyno can be found?

They're standard CBR600 engines.

(WSSP internals but detuned to standard power for longevity)

About 120bhp - 125bhp at the wheel. A smoothed out CBR600rr curve is very close. I can find have a more in-depth look for a map when I get home later




Vini

September 14, 2021, 01:21:04 PM #83 Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:43:16 PM by Vini
Has the freelook fix we talked about in Discord already been implemented?
(Keeping the 2D first-person-view settings like lean heading and tilt active and adding it on top of the headtracking/freelook movements)

Another thing we were talking about a while ago was the calibration fix for multiple (duplicate) controllers, specifically being able to disable input devices.

poumpouny

Is it possible to make the basic AI you said as a separate "official beta plugin" ? that will no be packed with the official GPbikes installer but just for who want it ?
Slow Rider like me don't really need very competitive AI, and also is not very entousiast to join server with fast rider to not ruin their race ? Cause now the only alternative we can do is or create our own server which nobody join, or hotlap, or chase our own ghost. And it is getting really boring .....

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on September 14, 2021, 01:21:04 PMHas the freelook fix we talked about in Discord already been implemented?
(Keeping the 2D first-person-view settings like lean heading and tilt active and adding it on top of the headtracking/freelook movements)

Not sure, I need to check.

QuoteAnother thing we were talking about a while ago was the calibration fix for multiple (duplicate) controllers, specifically being able to disable input devices.

Could you please give more info about this problem?
It is already possible to disable a controller: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=9789.0
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

After the good news, sadly there are some bad ones, too.
The following changes, initially planned for Beta20, have been postponed to a future update:
  • Better force feedback
  • Coverage optimization
  • Moddable rider boots
  • Option to manually control the rider "wheelie" animation
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

September 15, 2021, 05:36:47 PM #87 Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:08:45 PM by Vini
Quote from: poumpouny on September 15, 2021, 06:43:57 AMIs it possible to make the basic AI you said as a separate "official beta plugin" ? that will no be packed with the official GPbikes installer but just for who want it ?
Slow Rider like me don't really need very competitive AI, and also is not very entousiast to join server with fast rider to not ruin their race ? Cause now the only alternative we can do is or create our own server which nobody join, or hotlap, or chase our own ghost. And it is getting really boring .....
Maybe an alternative to a full fledged AI could be an extensive trainer database that randomly mixes together sectors from different runs depending on the average laptime of the player.
Or at least integrate a upload/download feature for trainer files in the UI so that we can build a good database ourselves for new players to learn from.

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 15, 2021, 05:25:34 PMCould you please give more info about this problem?
It is already possible to disable a controller: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=9789.0
We talked about this in Discord a while ago (my name is DEGAILEN there).
There was a problem where having multiple controllers with the same name confused the game.
And running virtual controllers with custom remapping would be much less of a hassle if you could simply deactivate the unwanted (real) ones in the calibration settings.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on September 15, 2021, 05:36:47 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on September 15, 2021, 05:25:34 PMCould you please give more info about this problem?
It is already possible to disable a controller: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=9789.0
We talked about this in Discord a while ago (my name is DEGAILEN there).
There was a problem where having multiple controllers with the same name confused the game.
And running virtual controllers with custom remapping would be much less of a hassle if you could simply deactivate the unwanted (real) ones in the calibration settings.

Beta19b should have fixed support for calibration of multiple controllers having the same name.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Ok, I will have to test this a bit more.
But just looking at the naming in the calibration menu it still doesn't seem 100% right. The second vJoy device is renamed to vJoy device (2) but every additional virtual controller gets the same name instead of going 3, 4, ...