• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:33:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MotoGP Physics Mod

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, February 05, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 07, 2016, 01:50:42 PM #75 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:52:52 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
OK Nick, test Brno with the RC213V factory bike, and come back with your opinion.

Oh, and please jump right into the MotoGP bike. Don't try Moto2/Moto3 first. Doing so can sometimes trigger the game to load the wrong suspension and weight values for MotoGP bikes. I suspect that may have also happened to you, and muddied your test results the first time(s). Test in 3rd person for a more complete review. Just as I think it'd be silly to play GP Bikes in third person, I think MotoGP14, and particularly this physics mod should be enjoyed in 3rd person to really appreciate the bike's more advanced movements.

doubledragoncc

3rd person? SERIOUSLY DUDE

Thats for kiddies, we are men of muscle and fear nothing!!!!

Go for broke Nick 1st person and screw the nuts off the thing lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Haha, alright. But I recommend you participate in a race. 25% race distance, Realistic difficulty, with all assists off, and things such as damage and tire wear on (disable time penalty. It's silly). Do that, and see if you can finish in the top five. I know you probably can't, but try, lol. You'll have every opportunity to test the physics then.

Napalm Nick

February 07, 2016, 03:54:24 PM #78 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:55:58 PM by Napalm Nick
I have tested Brno with the MotoGP LCR and I don't know what you want me to say over what I already did.  I have also tried 1st P and races (very hard) and that's probably where the charm is as it keeps making you go back, like all good racers, to try a better lap. That is until your eyes bleed.....

Unfortunately I cannot get past the bad visuals - what the hell did they do to this game? I used to really enjoy MotoGP 13 and if it wasn't for the bugs probably would have had a lot more time in the game. Surely DD, you would not want your controllers to support this it is terrible! Honestly it hurts my eyes to play it. Of course motoGP14 fanboys will say it is my machine so I googled it and everyone says the same so I'm happy its not my rig.

If I was you Urban I would get down to Specsavers and check how much damage this game has done to your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/v/2prZQd2dTKs

The MOD seems to have made the game better to play, even 'more realistic' if you like but it is certainly not the revolution the hype suggests. Combined with the AWFUL visual offering I have already had my fill of it and expect I will be testing the Steam refund process right now.

But it was fun looking at it, so thanks for that, sorry about the rudeness in the thread though.
::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 07, 2016, 04:07:48 PM #79 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:10:55 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Haha, MotoGP14 looks great dude, stop talking sh**. It looks much better than 13 does to many people, although I can see that are some who prefer 13's graphics. I'm thankful I'm not one of them. As for the improvement in physics: the mod was never going to turn the game into GP bikes, but the fact is, it is a massive improvement over the default game. That's been the whole point of this. The big improvement from the default game.

As for all the very silly comments, that was just quite a bit abnormal. Don't know what in the hell that was about.

Napalm Nick

But it doesn't look good to me though. And these are my honest opinions as I see it. And I really don't appreciate your comment - how can you ask for an opinion then tell me to stop talking sh** when I give it because you don't agree.  >:(  I think you still have a lot of forum etiquette to discover.
I gave it a fair chance. I have already said it is an improvement on the game but I think you are deluded if you think it is 'massive', but that's your opinion,  I can respect that you probably put a lot of work in to it.

Good news though - REFUNDED!  ;D

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 07, 2016, 05:05:34 PM #81 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:13:46 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Hahahaha don't take it hard man. I said you were talking shit, but maybe I should've put a smiley face at the end to show it wasn't malicious. Of course it's your opinion and whether I agree with it or not doesn't change that. The improvements in physics and AI ("Moderate" file) is massive though, and as I said, it's far more apparent when played in 3rd person. Playing it in first person won't allow you to see the changes clearly. For example: If you brake hard enough to stoppie at speed, and then tap the rear brake, the bike will kick out a little hard when the wheel comes back down. It'd kick out more if it was revved while in the air. In first person you wouldn't be able to tell that's what happened.

At least you got your mortgage's worth back in the end.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 07, 2016, 05:05:34 PM

haha yeh!

But it is such a shame. I can see the visual improvements with lighting, model and track textures. I can see it is a fun game made better with the MOD but why oh why is it all blurry. Just a filter choice made by some mad man I reckon lol!
It is a shame because I really wanted this game to be the one I can play now in a career while we wait further strives forward in this GPBikes Beta.

It reminds me so much of F12015 (the worst F1 game to ever be released, ever, at launch) - they did the same thing - created a beautiful game then added the "Monitor smeared with Vaseline" filter! Everyone was saying the same thing and eventually Codemasters released a patch to remove it. LOL.

Sigh, 2014/2015 were the worst years for game let-downs ever haha. MotoGP15/F12015/Total War:Rome2/Attila/Company of Heroes2 all CRUD,  to mention a few.

Time to reload SBK2001  ;D Maybe I can get ANOTHER 15 years out of it.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 07, 2016, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 07, 2016, 05:05:34 PM
It reminds me so much of F12015 (the worst F1 game to ever be released, ever, at launch) - they did the same thing - created a beautiful game then added the "Monitor smeared with Vaseline" filter! Everyone was saying the same thing and eventually Codemasters released a patch to remove it. LOL.

There seems to be a fix for that here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/256390/discussions/0/522730700742178895. I think you're among those whose been hit with it, but I certainly have no such problem. All textures are crisp and resolution is high.

Napalm Nick

Yeh it looks like the video I posted above, to me.  I knew there would be someone who had visual settings tweaks once I started reading all the reviews, but never found it in time. Hopefully it did help a lot of people.  :)

Toomes1

Sbk2001 loved that game seemed so real at the time plus you really had to to focus. Amazing to think just one person has pushed on even further with gpbikes and made a Wow factor sim.                   

Further more yes I would like to see beta8 sooner rather than later but keep up the good work Piboso.
My selfishness is my tuff shit.

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the hard and painful work Nick, much appreciated. I am glad you got your refund. I downloaded it and will install it once I do a fresh install of beta7 as I fooked it up lol.

I HAVE to think of others and not myself when it comes to ensuring my system works with all games. I actually have GOOD graphics in 14 for some reason, but I run a ASUS ROG system that helps lol.

I hope the arguments are now over and wish to actually thank UC for this MOD if it is going to make others happy, thats what its all about in the end.

Lets be thankful we have GPBikes to look forward to, but lets remember it is not the end all and be all of life. Each to their own on what gives them enjoyment.

Happy ridin folks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Not a fan of motogp13/14.. But i do enjoy motogp15, its good fun online with some great racing..  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/O6dJ5qb4jDg

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 07, 2016, 07:10:46 PM
Thanks for the hard and painful work Nick, much appreciated. I am glad you got your refund.

Well wait a darned minute it may not be the last of the saga just yet!

It appears my refund may not be forthcoming after all! Apparently I have spent too long playing it to qualify! I am trying to assure them that that is just another known game bug - that Steam thinks it is still running even when the game is exited (already running message if you exit the try to run the game again).

LoL! Maybe when they realise I bought it yesterday and haven't played 8 hours of it really they might reconsider!  If not I will send them a photo of my eyes to prove I can still see. If they still disapprove I will try that graphics tweak to improve my visuals and then rock the sh*t out of it until I have had my £3.99 worth!  ;D haha!

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 07, 2016, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 07, 2016, 07:10:46 PM
Thanks for the hard and painful work Nick, much appreciated. I am glad you got your refund.

Well wait a darned minute it may not be the last of the saga just yet!

It appears my refund may not be forthcoming after all! Apparently I have spent too long playing it to qualify! I am trying to assure them that that is just another known game bug - that Steam thinks it is still running even when the game is exited (already running message if you exit the try to run the game again).

LoL! Maybe when they realise I bought it yesterday and haven't played 8 hours of it really they might reconsider!  If not I will send them a photo of my eyes to prove I can still see. If they still disapprove I will try that graphics tweak to improve my visuals and then rock the sh*t out of it until I have had my £3.99 worth!  ;D haha!

I had a refund recently from Steam, but it was for a buggy game that wouldn't even go past the promo screen. I uninstalled it straight away and asked for the refund and got it no problem(only about 30 mins playing time trying to solve the problem).
I guess they do look at the length of time you've played it and judge if you had a decent amount of time playing it to warrant a refund. They must have a cut-off play-time limit after which they won't refund. They never used to refund at all from what I've heard?  :-\
Anyway I hope you get your money back Nick.... Good Luck!  ;)

Hawk.