• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:00:49 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP Physics Mod

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, February 05, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2016, 07:22:13 PM
Not a fan of motogp13/14.. But i do enjoy motogp15, its good fun online with some great racing..  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/O6dJ5qb4jDg

;D  Nice vid Bob, (unlucky final lap XD ) i've too motogp 2015, for me is a good arcade and the graphics not bad, sometimes I do some nice online race :)

Vini

What bothers me the most is that you can just slide the front at corner entry as if you're Alonso in a V10 Renault.

Blackheart

Yes, you have to forget how works a real bike for play to MotoGP XX. U can brake at 100% with the bike almost completely inclined...

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on February 08, 2016, 02:52:21 AM

I had a refund recently from Steam, but it was for a buggy game that wouldn't even go past the promo screen. I uninstalled it straight away and asked for the refund and got it no problem(only about 30 mins playing time trying to solve the problem).
I guess they do look at the length of time you've played it and judge if you had a decent amount of time playing it to warrant a refund. They must have a cut-off play-time limit after which they won't refund. They never used to refund at all from what I've heard?  :-\
Anyway I hope you get your money back Nick.... Good Luck!  ;)

Hawk.

Correct - Maximum play time to get a refund is 2 hours. Which I think is fair so I cannot complain. They never used to refund at all but in the UK you could force them by quoting the Distance Selling Regulations which protect UK buyers from online transactions.  Many did this successfully.

So I tried the visual .cfg tweaks and although there is some improvement its not enough (for me). Also started a career cos I like that kinda thing, and it bugged out in the garage twice. Then did a M3 qually and race (came last on Pro/real everything lol) then ran into the 'no way to exit the game bug'.

Looking at 'Ride' threads too, its the same old Milestone story - release a game full of bugs, most the same as the last games and don't fix any of them - which made me stop at the buggy MotoGP13. It is a real shame because I want every bike game that comes out to be awesome and I am having to settle with 'meh'.

:)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 08, 2016, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 08, 2016, 02:52:21 AM

I had a refund recently from Steam, but it was for a buggy game that wouldn't even go past the promo screen. I uninstalled it straight away and asked for the refund and got it no problem(only about 30 mins playing time trying to solve the problem).
I guess they do look at the length of time you've played it and judge if you had a decent amount of time playing it to warrant a refund. They must have a cut-off play-time limit after which they won't refund. They never used to refund at all from what I've heard?  :-\
Anyway I hope you get your money back Nick.... Good Luck!  ;)

Hawk.

Correct - Maximum play time to get a refund is 2 hours. Which I think is fair so I cannot complain. They never used to refund at all but in the UK you could force them by quoting the Distance Selling Regulations which protect UK buyers from online transactions.  Many did this successfully.

So I tried the visual .cfg tweaks and although there is some improvement its not enough (for me). Also started a career cos I like that kinda thing, and it bugged out in the garage twice. Then did a M3 qually and race (came last on Pro/real everything lol) then ran into the 'no way to exit the game bug'.

Looking at 'Ride' threads too, its the same old Milestone story - release a game full of bugs, most the same as the last games and don't fix any of them - which made me stop at the buggy MotoGP13. It is a real shame because I want every bike game that comes out to be awesome and I am having to settle with 'meh'.

:)

This is what i always remind myself of when i read about issues with GPB and its development. At least in PB is fixing bugs, he will respond to the forum (occasionally) and does have a commitment to his products. More than i have had with products from some major developers.

I will agree, the priorities sometimes seem strange but at least we do get functional updates and bug fixes/improvements.

Thank you PiBoso - it probably does not get said often enough.

Napalm Nick

Yes H I agree. I do hope PiB realizes we are all on his side wanting him to succeed to the highest degree not just moaning minnies.

BlackBean (the guys who did the recent years SBK games) were good to be fair. They were excellent at engaging and talking with their fans and trying genuinely hard to get a great game out. But they were forced (it seems) like so many developers nowadays to follow the money to stay alive, diluting their product with better visuals and worsening gameplay/realism - ultimately ending in their downfall/Milestone acquisition.

The same with even the F1 side of the Codemasters team. Such pressure by their controller Sega to get that game out on time has potentially ruined them as the F1 license holder. Fortunately, as a company their Rally games have probably saved them.

Enough off topic sorry.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 08, 2016, 11:28:15 AM
The same with even the F1 side of the Codemasters team. Such pressure by their controller Sega to get that game out on time has potentially ruined them as the F1 license holder. Fortunately, as a company their Rally games have probably saved them.

FYI Reliance Entertainment have majority share in Codies not Sega (They own Creative Assembely) :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Don't come round here with your 'facts'  :P

Sega/Codies was Grid I got stuck in a bygone era. The point remains the same though.  I would not retract the Sega implication anyway they have ruined Total War in the same way.  ;)

Blackheart

I bought yesterday Grid Autosport ... I find it one of the best simarcade (more arcade) ever created!  8)

doubledragoncc

I agree and what about the price of eggs!!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

just thought i'd add a few of my thoughts in here, having purchased MotoGp14 shortly after it came out, i was hugely disappointed initially, as it seems to me as if the physics just get worse with each new iteration of the game, and not once have i seen any of the glaring issues addressed at all.
Miestone seems to think a new release is better than fixing the stuff that was broken with the earlier version.  :P
anyway, this was in the days before i got into GP Bikes (and thanks to PiBoSo for single-handedly restoring my faith in the fact that a decent bike sim is indeed possible on the PC. Milestone's stuff was making me fear that it was too much to ask, and considering how great things have progressed in other fields, such as my favorite flight simulator, this was disappointing to say the least.
i would often revert back to GP500 if i wanted something that felt at all like proper bike handling.
nevertheless, i gave MotoGP a fair chance, even played a full career through 2 seasons.
i also got myself a copy of MotoGP15 when it came out, but that just sucked so bad, even though it's still installed on my machine, i have only ever played it two or three times.
so, after reading through this thread, i decided i'd give  MGP14 another go, and then add this mod, and compare it.
immediately i hit on one of the eternal problems with this freaking game, and that is the problem with control setup.
prior to discoveriing GPB, i was still a keyboard player, and had always had problems with the game not wanting to use the preferred control setup.
since GPB, i have bought a controller , Logitech F310, which has a little niggle here and there, but overall is way better than the keyboard, lol.
anyway, so now i fire up MGP14, and it sees the controller, but i hate the default setup, so i reassign several of the controls, so that it's similar to how i have it set up for GPB - so far, so good - it happily accepts my changes - then i leave the setup, and start a race - lo and behold, it now doesn't respond to any of the controller inputs. wtf?
prior to my changing the setup, it was working okay with the controller inputs, just not as i'd like it to be - and when i change the controller setup to something i prefer, it no longer recognises any of the inputs?
let me put it this way - in the controller setup screen, i can reassign input functions, and on this screen it's quite happy to tell me that i have changed my front brake from Button 7 to Button 1, for instance.
yet, i go in the game to test it, and neither Button 1 or Button 7 have any function at all!
so, my impressions from this early stage are not favourable, to say the least.
as i look back over the last few years, and see Milestone's absolute lack of even trying to address any of the issues that users around the world have asked for, i fear they have lost me as a future customer, God knows how many others...
even the upcoming Valentino Rossi game, which is apparently also being done by them - sorry Milestone, you won't see any of my money for that either, no matter how much of a Rossi fan i am. it reeks of just cashing in on the big name -VR46 might very well end up being embarrassed to have his name associated with it, if it turns out to be just MotoGP16 with his name on it.
i might try it on some downloaded copy off the net, but most certainly am not going to throw away any more good money after the bad, before trying it out for free first.
You reap what you sow, is the old adage, and Milestone deserves to have a heap of crap 'reaped' upon them, if they carry on in the same vein they have been lately.
okay - rant off, lol  ;D

Hawk

February 08, 2016, 07:27:18 PM #101 Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:30:21 PM by Hawk
I totally agree with you Doc! I have only bought three Motorcycle racing games in the past..... 1st was GP500 which I thought was great, just a shame it wasn't continued and updated to modern standards and PC capabilities..... The 2nd was MotoGP 08 which was terrible and the 3rd was GPB which is definitely "THE" only realistic motorcycle racing sim on the market right now, and honestly I have really not put GPB down since I bought it.

GPB is already good, but it also has the potential to be a fantastic piece of kit, especially if once all other issues are sorted Piboso would totally gear it up for online events and races too, and by that I mean make it great for live streaming and the live replay have live lap-timings for each rider - just like the TV covers the real MotoGP events. That would be great for staging big live streaming championships and events... How cool would that be, eh!  ;D 8) 8)

GPB is well worth following through it's dev cycle right to the end in my book.  ;D

Hawk.
PS: I wouldn't touch any of the Milestone MotoGP titles with a bargepole!  :P :-X

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on February 08, 2016, 07:27:18 PM

GPB is well worth following through it's dev cycle right to the end in my book.  ;D

Hawk.

+1

girlracerTracey

Thanks UC. I'll give it a go.

For me the ultimate physics mod is great to have on my hard drive. It gives you a whole new offline racing experience and in many ways a whole new game. For what it is and for what it is designed to be I think it's extremely impressive work.

On a slightly different subject I too very much hope that PiBoSo sees the gpbikes project right through to the end. I just wish there was a more efficient way of somehow assisting him in funding it..

grT