• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:45:34 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Reduction in Graphics quality in Online play

Started by Napalm Nick, May 24, 2016, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

I did find a site that used the same 'vaseline' description and they attributed it to 'resolution scaling' I know this is usually associated with monitor native and would not be load dependent but the later AMD driver appears to process everything internally at high resolution and then has some sort of dynamic scaling system that outputs the image - lots of 'dynamic' stuff going on  :(

A lot of these advanced features (including Vulkan support) seem to have only recently been made backward compatible from newer cards to the older models - has this behavior started after a graphic driver update or system rebuild?

Napalm Nick

That is the multi million pound question. Exactly how long this has happened for I am not so sure but it is only recently I have really started to take notice of it. So I think it would be a fair bet that a 'quite recent' update is the cause. Maybe some roll-back is needed. Again, if I can reproduce the problem consistently the cure should be close behind. Thanks.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on May 24, 2016, 02:09:01 PM
I did find a site that used the same 'vaseline' description and they attributed it to 'resolution scaling' I know this is usually associated with monitor native and would not be load dependent but the later AMD driver appears to process everything internally at high resolution and then has some sort of dynamic scaling system that outputs the image - lots of 'dynamic' stuff going on  :(
But this is supposed to give BETTER results in terms of AA, not worse.

Weird stuf ...

Napalm Nick

Can rule out GPU temps and stuff all rock solid 44 degrees, 26% Usage max (bar a spike to 85%) .

But GPU Memory Usage is 0% ??? Is that normal? Also I am normally seeing up to 190 FPS but online now at only a steady 60, whether on track or in the garage.

Something is amiss! More monitoring required.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Frame rate hit was also reported as a bug with the fancy scaling systems and some existing games, witnessed at the same time as the texture problems  :(

Vini

my framerate is dropping significantly on the silverstone server now that so many people are on it.

very strange.

Napalm Nick

Yes definitely seems I am locked at 60fps.  No .ini changes to warrant that - it should be capped at its default 200.

So next step is the Catalyst Crap. Lol.

I will have to check that for my game too. MMA cannot stay connected for more than ten minutes it seems. Think we have been EMP'd again  ::)

nuovaic

Quote from: vin97 on May 24, 2016, 06:37:31 PM
my framerate is dropping significantly on the silverstone server now that so many people are on it.

very strange.

Yes me too. Never had fps problems as bad as this, becoming unplayable with 11 players on it.

PeterV

May 24, 2016, 06:49:00 PM #23 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:51:46 PM by PeterV
I had no problems but i removed the framerate cap, runs fine in game.
(did not test GPOC1 silverstone server)

My entry in core.ini

[framerate]
cap = 5 ;; Default = 200, Any value over 1000 or under 10 disables the cap.

Napalm Nick

h106frp

60fps could suggest it has locked to the refresh rate of a monitor profile

Napalm Nick

doubledragoncc

I noticed a drop of 40fps at some points on Silverstone today.

Did some stream tests and were really jumpy to normal.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

PeterV

just tested it @ GPOC1, had no problems with framerate.
no drops or big rises hovering around 200-250