• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:08:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Uk, finally free from the EU !

Started by HornetMaX, November 19, 2016, 09:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 20, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
You didn't answer the question ...

Aware of what exactly? You need to be more specific as just asking if I was aware of "that?" doesn't refer to anything considering the whole statement I made Max. Were you referring to the manifesto?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 20, 2016, 04:30:42 PM

Aware of what exactly? You need to be more specific as just asking if I was aware of "that?" doesn't refer to anything considering the whole statement I made Max. Were you referring to the manifesto?
Manifesto ? Which manifest ?

I meant what's in the first few lines of the article I linked:

"On Thursday, the Investigatory Powers Bill, colloquially known as the Snoopers' Charter, completed its final stage and is set to become law. The legislative process began in March of this year, and has been rather overshadowed by the Brexit referendum and its shambolic aftermath. As a result, the UK government has had a comparatively easy ride over what are some of the most extreme surveillance powers in the world."

Were you aware ? If you take 20 people around you (family, friends), how may you think are aware ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 20, 2016, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 20, 2016, 04:30:42 PM

Manifesto ? Which manifest ?

I meant what's in the first few lines of the article I linked:

"On Thursday, the Investigatory Powers Bill, colloquially known as the Snoopers' Charter, completed its final stage and is set to become law. The legislative process began in March of this year, and has been rather overshadowed by the Brexit referendum and its shambolic aftermath. As a result, the UK government has had a comparatively easy ride over what are some of the most extreme surveillance powers in the world."

Were you aware ? If you take 20 people around you (family, friends), how may you think are aware ?

To be honest, no I was not aware of this apart from the little that has been broadcast in the news media about it. But then again ordinary people can only be aware of this sort of thing happening if the media highlight the fact, as ordinary people are not going to go into what's happening in government unless they are made aware of it. This is were you rely on your local MP to do right by their constituents.  :)

Let's be honest, on these sort of issues, governments rely on people being too busy with their life's to concern themselves with this sort of thing and hope it stays well out the mainstream media's eye. Lol

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Which kind of proves my point and makes your remedies (people will fight it) a bit less likely to succeed. Once again, good luck.

Hawk

Where's the EU when we need them, eh! Bloody traitors! Hehe!  ;D ;D

I blame it all on Brexit Max.... Seems to be the fashion nowadays. Lol! ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I'm sure that if such a law was being imposed by the EU, you'd be out screaming. No biggie anyway, I don't live in the UK :)