• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 03:58:36 AM

Red Bull Rookies

Started by Arvoss, January 27, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriX

January 29, 2014, 01:09:41 PM #75 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:26:31 PM by LoriX
Quote from: iVolution on January 29, 2014, 01:04:26 PM
My skin:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33883322/RBR%20-%20iVolution%2317.pnt

When I want to make a screenshot with the "print screen" button i always get a black image when pasting it in photoshop. Any tips?

Yeah I get that too. Fraps works fine with GPB, try that. :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on January 29, 2014, 01:04:26 PM
When I want to make a screenshot with the "print screen" button i always get a black image when pasting it in photoshop. Any tips?
Print screen will not work. In GPB/WRS, screenshot = F11, saved in 2.2 Data folder.

MaX.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2014, 09:56:24 AM
It would be perfect to have a video of this (live recording) but wait until I find how to enable the graphs related to network traffic in GPB: anybody remembering how they were activated ?
I think it was an option in a .ini somewhere ... dibu ?

MaX.
The graphs I posted in the old forum are separate tools. For most of them I used the Windows build in Resource Monitor. You have to choose 'Network' and check the process which you want to observe (core.exe). In the 'Network Activity' part below you can see in realtime the bandwidth consumption of each player and of the server. All values are shown as Bytes/sec. At the right side you see the graphs.

I've other tools too but for getting a good overview the Resource Monitor is not bad.

Windows Task Manager -> Performance tab -> Resource Monitor

iVolution

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2014, 02:15:08 PM
Print screen will not work. In GPB/WRS, screenshot = F11, saved in 2.2 Data folder.
MaX.
Thank you as always for clearing things up :). Works like a charm

Desteban

is it just me or has the screenshot function a very bad quality?

Arvoss

Quote from: Desteban on January 29, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Use fraps and save screenshots as BMP

Hawk

Sorry guys... I got a core.exe as we were about to start the race tonight 19:40pm GMT, and couldn't get reconnected cos the race had already started. :(  That was two before I even got on track to practice, and I don't usually get many core.exe's.

I think there is far too many on the server.... Less than half what is signed up for the race.. I think your going to have to split the field, Arvoss?

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on January 29, 2014, 03:24:19 PM
The graphs I posted in the old forum are separate tools.
No, I was talking about a "secret" option in GPB to show within the game some graphs.
I remember it was used in beta2 or beta3 to test some stuff once.
Piboso explained how to activate it, it was in some .ini.

Quote from: Arvoss on January 29, 2014, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: Desteban on January 29, 2014, 03:59:34 PM
Use fraps and save screenshots as BMP
Quality is perfectly fine for me. And you have the option concerning the format GPB saves: core.ini.

You really don't need any external tool for that.

MaX.

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 29, 2014, 07:51:08 PM
Sorry guys... I got a core.exe as we were about to start the race tonight 19:40pm GMT, and couldn't get reconnected cos the race had already started. :(  That was two before I even got on track to practice, and I don't usually get many core.exe's.

I think there is far too many on the server.... Less than half what is signed up for the race.. I think your going to have to split the field, Arvoss?

We will see ;) This is not the same server as the real race server. And the rookie race is more a 'stress test' race and to see if people are interested. I'll organize a Rookies championship after this race, divided in 2 classes. ;)

EDIT: Server got reset now, it should work better ;)

dibu

Quote from: Arvoss on January 29, 2014, 07:57:58 PM
EDIT: Server got reset now, it should work better ;)

Yes server core.exe at 21:06:42 (GMT+1)

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 29, 2014, 07:53:20 PM
No, I was talking about a "secret" option in GPB to show within the game some graphs.
I remember it was used in beta2 or beta3 to test some stuff once.
Piboso explained how to activate it, it was in some .ini.
Ok now I know what you mean. Hmm, I shouldn't post while working ::).
I just searched my HDDs but couldn't find the settings (core.ini, gpbikes.ini, profile.ini, shortcuts). If I remember right it was an option for beta2.

Desteban

January 29, 2014, 08:40:27 PM #86 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:51:58 PM by Desteban
yep,add this to the profile.ini

[debug]
netcode=1

Oh and thx Max, those options are exactly what I have been searching for!

dibu

Quote from: Desteban on January 29, 2014, 08:40:27 PM

[debug]
netcode=1

Thanks, yes that's it. It still works for beta4.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Desteban on January 29, 2014, 08:40:27 PM

Thx Desteban !

Of course as soon as you mentioned it, it came back to my mind and the description of the option was literally sitting in a .txt on my desktop ...  :-[

MaX.

LoriX

FINAL VERSION of my skin, please download and paste into your paints folder. :)

Download