• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 09:54:02 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney007

I am still playing beta 4 - unfortunately 5&B is unbearable! WOBBLE!

RiccoChicco

Chattering is not only in B5(B), MotoGP riders suffer from it too  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/icvyC9tBbOI

HornetMaX

Quote from: Furious on June 25, 2014, 12:08:21 PM
I'm almost 90 % sure, that all that wobbles and stuff you are complaining about is caused by the virtual rider you ale "partly" controling.

That's my opinion too (maybe not 90% sure, but it's my bet). It's exactly what I meant when I said the virtual rider parameters may need a re-tune due to the new physics. I even think they needed it already in beta4.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

June 25, 2014, 01:48:56 PM #168 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:08:21 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2014, 01:13:18 PM
I'm almost 90 % sure, that all that wobbles and stuff you are complaining about is caused by the virtual rider you ale "partly" controling.

That's my opinion too (maybe not 90% sure, but it's my bet). It's exactly what I meant when I said the virtual rider parameters may need a re-tune due to the new physics. I even think they needed it already in beta4.

MaX.

If virtual rider is involved, I pretty much assume that in all likelihood, there is no short term solution. Virtual rider is probably very complex. And now although physics could be ultra-realistic, the sim migh suffer from virtual rider deficiencies. Would be interesting what Piboso would say on this matter. Many seem to expect a short term solution, which might not be possible.The complex stuff is hard to simulate, and probably has many cross-dependencies. If you alter one small thing it might affect the whole simulated system very much.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 25, 2014, 01:48:56 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2014, 01:13:18 PM

MaX.

If virtual rider is involved, I pretty much assume that in all likelihood, there is no short term solution. Virtual rider is probably very complex. And now although physics could be ultra-realistic, the sim migh suffer from virtual rider deficiencies. Would be interesting what Piboso would say on this matter. Many seem to expect a short term solution. The complex stuff is hard to simulate, and probably has many cross-dependencies. If you alter one small thing it might affect the whole simulated system very much.

It is my understanding that if all controls are operated on manual then it cuts out the input from the virtual rider... Is this correct? Because I for one am about to change over to full manual control.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

If virtual rider is involved, I pretty much assume that in all likelihood, there is no short term solution. Virtual rider is probably very complex. And now although physics could be ultra-realistic, the sim migh suffer from virtual rider deficiencies.
Most likely it's just a matter of re-tuning the gains of the virtual rider.
It's not as easy as it sounds, but it's much easier than changing the "structure" of how the virtual rider works.

Would be interesting what Piboso would say on this matter.
Indeed. Like on a few other subjects ...

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 25, 2014, 02:10:01 PM
It is my understanding that if all controls are operated on manual then it cuts out the input from the virtual rider... Is this correct? Because I for one am about to change over to full manual control.
Direct Steer Torque + full manual rider lean = no virtual rider. Anything else has some degree of virtual rider.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2014, 02:36:11 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 25, 2014, 02:10:01 PM
Direct Steer Torque + full manual rider lean = no virtual rider. Anything else has some degree of virtual rider.

MaX.

OMG!.... Then it looks like I'll have to go full DST+full manual rider control.... KLAX! HELP!!! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

janaucarre

I want to say that i take a great pleasure to rediscover some tracks i didn't ride for a long time and of course with a 500cc, like assen, brno and other.
These tracks were unridable for me until now, because the bike was unable to take a realistic line. Now it's a dream(or near), i need to stop playing because the fatigue (i didn't know it was the same word as in french) comes before the nervousness:)
I noted that the heights changing, like the 3 last turns at brno, are really better managed than before.
Thank you piboso:)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: janaucarre on June 25, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
I want to say that i take a great pleasure to rediscover some tracks i didn't ride for a long time and of course with a 500cc, like assen, brno and other.
These tracks were unridable for me until now, because the bike was unable to take a realistic line. Now it's a dream(or near), i need to stop playing because the fatigue (i didn't know it was the same word as in french) comes before the nervousness:)
I noted that the heights changing, like the 3 last turns at brno, are really better managed than before.
Thank you piboso:)

+1 havent tried too many tracks yet, but I have had a similar experience like you Janaucarre. For me the jaw-dropping and thrilling moment was riding at NC - Mugello. You can take the exact same lines as in reality, esp. the braking into corner 1 feels so nice now. And while accelerating out of corner 1 you do not run wide anymore. Also the left right combinations can now be taken as irl and you can now take advantage of the engine brake. Heights are also feeling nice.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

To be honest, I don't see a lot of improvements on the 500 in terms of corner speed/turning radius

rodney007

Quote from: RiccoChicco on June 25, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
Chattering is not only in B5(B), MotoGP riders suffer from it too  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/icvyC9tBbOI

good vid, though are we experiencing chatter or front end wobble?

girlracerTracey

Definitely front end wobble in my book..although I would term it irregular oscillation of the front wheel.

Why? Because it's not really a wobble in the accepted sense of the word in the context of a motorcycle.  For me it's more the effect you get when the front wheel is badly out of balance.

grT  ;)

BOBR6 84

Its not chatter.. No way!
Maybe the headstock bearing needs replacing haha.

Should just give an adjustable steering damper a try.. You never know.. :P

C21

June 26, 2014, 08:01:44 AM #178 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:05:25 AM by C21
QuoteIts not chatter.. No way!

Chatter:
While braking the whole front of the bike vibrates (when turning into a corner).
The handlebars do not move side to side.

IRL it could be caused by:
- defective or loose steer bearing
- warped brake rotors
- too much or less front rebound
- too much or less compression
- too much or less oil level

Imho this is not the same which could be seen in replays of the front end issue in GPB5B when the steering moves side to side and then the bike crash (most of the time).
i prefer "Whobble" for this GPB5b issue.

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

BOBR6 84

Quote from: C21 on June 26, 2014, 08:01:44 AM
QuoteIts not chatter.. No way!

Chatter:
While braking the whole front of the bike vibrates (when turning into a corner).
The handlebars do not move side to side.

Imho this is not the same which could be seen in replays of the front end issue in GPB5B when the steering moves side to side and then the bike crash (most of the time).
i prefer "Whobble" for this GPB5b issue.

Exactly!   ;)