• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 01:39:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Constructive feedback about the game and its future direction

Started by rodney007, November 05, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastFreddy

Quote from: grimm on November 11, 2014, 12:56:17 AM
Quote from: FastFreddy on November 10, 2014, 10:19:24 PM
I know at least 100 people that finds rodney mods really ridiculous.His mods are made at random on the basis of his feelings,c'mon,tat's not gpbikes:Maybe is "rodneybikes" Lol...
There are far more experienced and capable modders even without tools were able to achieve excellent bike with real data: C21, Jc21, Gpbikesitalia,Tchoum22 if i remember correctly.Let us not kid ourselves,all this attention towards this "character" just arrived is absurd.

???

You seem to be speaking on behalf of the entire community by stating your opinion like that. Seems you are one of the "core group" that really dislike Rodney due to beta releases of bikes... you are clear what beta means, right? In case you missed it, in short, it means unfinished. The WSS and STK bike sets both state as clearly as Rodney did about his bikes, they are still under development and there will likely be changes before they are called "finished". But somehow it's only Rodney that gets you upset? This is a case of personal opinion on your part, an allegiance to some group of modders as it seems that even Piboso and a great deal of this community doesn't share your same attitude about a modder having a go at addon bikes.

I dunno man, it seems everything and everyone before and after your replies is pretty constructive, and yet you just attack one person about how they find the end result of a proper handling bike. Just because my (or a modders) path from A to B is different doesn't make arriving at B from A any more or less useful. He is testing waters nobody else is trying and I applaud it, if you don't like it why worry about downloading it? And if a bike is released as a beta why not just exclude it from the bike mod unless it is finished properly and let the community decide if they want to use it or not? Telling him to get lost is pretty harsh on the grounds of how he finds a proper handling bike on a simulator platform that was and to an extent still is under development itself.

Sorry for a 2nd novel.  :-\

Another lawyer of Rodney.
The song remain the same.What a bore.

JamoZ

Quote from: FastFreddy on November 11, 2014, 01:39:00 AM
Another lawyer of Rodney.
The song remain the same.What a bore.

FastFreddy

doubledragoncc

Shes using the wrong finger freddy!

I have to agree with grimm in his last post.

And really, if you dont like the bike dont ride it dude.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JJS209

i think you, FREDDY, are on a personal campaign on rodney, dont know why and what he did to you.
and with your method you have liekely prevented some bikes to be released. thanks for that mate!
my 2 cents

doubledragoncc

Quote from: JJS209 on November 11, 2014, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 11, 2014, 07:47:23 PM
I have to agree with grimm in his last post.

And really, if you dont like the bike dont ride it dude.

DD
i think you are on a personal campaign on rodney, dont know why and what he did to you.
and with your method you have liekely prevented some bikes to be released. thanks for that mate!
my 2 cents

Sorry JJ think I wrote it wrong I was sticking up for Rodney making MODS not against him.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JJS209

doubledragoncc

WALKEN

I would like to make something clear. I have nothing personal against anyone!

One thing that you have to realize is some people come off in an arrogant way and maybe Rodney needs to cool his jets a bit if he wants to be a "humble" asset to the GPBikes project as complaining and making rude remarks does not help regardless of any mod work that someone may do even if the mod work is good or bad.

That is the issue!

(Quoting Rodney- 'in all seriousness though... I am wanting the most realistic racing simulator of all time, but maybe its just me and there are too many obstacles in the way such as Game devs and Forum sheriffs."- end quote)

So I ask this question, is that someone you would want leading or being a integral part of this project?  In a Nut shell Rodney is saying Piboso an Myself are in the way, that is interesting thought there?  :o
Help me, help you!

JamoZ

Quote from: WALKEN on November 11, 2014, 10:19:56 PM
I would like to make something clear. I have nothing personal against anyone!

One thing that you have to realize is some people come off in an arrogant way and maybe Rodney needs to cool his jets a bit if he wants to be a "humble" asset to the GPBikes project as complaining and making rude remarks does not help regardless of any mod work that someone may do even if the mod work is good or bad.

That is the issue!

(Quoting Rodney- 'in all seriousness though... I am wanting the most realistic racing simulator of all time, but maybe its just me and there are too many obstacles in the way such as Game devs and Forum sheriffs."- end quote)

So I ask this question, is that someone you would want leading or being a integral part of this project?  In a Nut shell Rodney is saying Piboso an Myself are in the way, that is interesting thought there?  :o

You see how that quote button works? Damn rookie admins :P

I got so much stuff to say, a thousand thoughts. But it`s to tiring to even write it all down. My brain hurts thinking about it. These kind of discussions have been going on for years and only go in circles. I don`t even care anymore at this point. I got quite alot of PM`s of people asking what`s going on with this game & community lately. Congratulations....

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on November 11, 2014, 11:12:04 PM
These kind of discussions have been going on for years and only go in circles.
So let's stop them going around in circles:

• rodney (and many others) are OK to have huge deviations from real data in order to get a bike behaviour that they perceive as "realistic" (I put quotes because we don't have all the same definition of realistic here, which is normal).
  • piboso (and many others) are not OK with the above.

No biggie. Anybody can create a mod, no matter how crazy. Just don't go mad when you ask for feedback (*).

So peace to all, personally I'm glad rodney is back (but I'm not glad his position is still the same as before).

MaX.

(*)
There are some technically picky people around here ... I just complained to oDi that the custom bike stand for the STK bikes with a single-sided swingarm (e.g. the Panigale) should enter the wheel axle from the left side of the rim, not from the right ...  ;D

WALKEN

(quoting Jamoz- " You see how that quote button works? Damn rookie admins :P")

Or maybe that is how I like to quote, is there a rule against that?  So now your breaking my balls no? Do I need to give you my history of moderator /Admin or any work I have done for motorcycle gaming forums/developers? I can assure you the trail isn't short my friend, hardly a rookie! Beside that, did you step up to the plate as a moderator when Piboso asked for help? 

Everyone needs to understand the facts of a healthy community. As Hornet stated, there isn't anything wrong with making fun mods that are not realistic for a laugh.. But the point of this project is to have a serious bike simulation. Focusing on improper things gets this project nowhere fast... Its not worthless to discuss this issue because would you rather have deleted posts or banned members because of their opinion on direction?     

The direction is a pure bike simulation. That is the focus! 

Concerning Rodney and this thread, when I became moderator it was a mess because of the very person at hand. Now this same person is back at starting trouble by being arrogant and thinking he knows better.  If someone feels more gifted than Piboso, then go develop your own game and run your own forums and see how that turns out.

We have a great bunch of people here and we should all be grateful for GPBikes.   This isn't about taking sides with anyone as we should all be on the same side.   
Help me, help you!

JamoZ

Quote from: WALKEN on November 12, 2014, 01:34:00 AM

Or maybe that is how I like to quote, is there a rule against that?  So now your breaking my balls no? Do I need to give you my history of moderator /Admin or any work I have done for motorcycle gaming forums/developers? I can assure you the trail isn't short my friend, hardly a rookie! Beside that, did you step up to the plate as a moderator when Piboso asked for help?

Wow bro, calm down. It was a joke. I'm really happy for your long list of moderating stuff, I'm impressed. Now that you mention it, can you email it to me so that i can print it out and put it above my bed?  :P

WALKEN

Quote from: JamoZ on November 12, 2014, 01:58:53 AM

Wow bro, calm down. It was a joke. I'm really happy for your long list of moderating stuff, I'm impressed. Now that you mention it, can you email it to me so that i can print it out and put it above my bed?  :P

Well I'm glad to see you know how to use the quote button  ;)
Help me, help you!

rodney007

Now this same person is back at starting trouble by being arrogant and thinking he knows better.  If someone feels more gifted than Piboso, then go develop your own game and run your own forums and see how that turns out.

really? is that how I am or are you just having a winge?

Oh and who is this person that feels more gifted than Piboso? From what I have read everyone is very appreciative of his efforts and wants to work with him. Or is this fueled by something else?