• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 12:49:10 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | GP800 NDS CHAMPIONSHIP | Race 8 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, August 16, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I had a pretty good race overall....... Though I did nearly side swiped Nick on the first lap when going through Ou-Rouge,  I rapidly gained on Nick going up the hill and had to take avoiding action and took a different line over the top of the hill which caused my bike to buck like crazy and kick me off, then and the bike did it's usual sit-up and piss-off down the road routine which must have lost me a good 30+ secs. My fault entirely, I should've taken it a little easier when catching up to another rider, especially through that section of track.  ::)
Apart from that I only fell 3 times due to my lack of concentration further into the race. Lol

The GP10 bike was a real hand-full to keep stable, the back end wobble on the GP10 easily gets you into problems when accelerating out of corner exits, but I think I ended up with a good final result but then I think a few guys rage quitted tonight so probably not a true result?  ::)

I know it can get frustrating at times especially when using an unstable bike, but I do wish riders wouldn't rage quite.......  If you make mistakes it's your own fault; if you set the bike up wrong or don't get enough practice in and don't ride accordingly it's your own fault.... Finally, it's always better to finish a race than not as a team manager would say, "YOUR FIRED!!!" Hehe!! ;D ;D  :P

Well done to whoever won the race(yet to be decided due to lap count problems).

Thanks guys for the race, and Nick as a great server host as always..... Bring on the final round!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Blackheart

August 23, 2015, 09:37:28 PM #16 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:51:34 PM by Blackheart
I suppose you have not seen the replay ... looks like I lose the bike the first time, lost the back under acceleration with TCS to max!
After that I always missed the front, certainly not for my mistakes!
With my race pace, I could easily do the second, walking quietly for the track. Instead it was another race ruined by a bad physics of the front, and also the bike.

P.S. Same thing happened to Nick, what the hell are racing if you can not push to the maximum?

In addition to yan was not counted a lap despite having doubled almost all riders ... there's much to work.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on August 23, 2015, 09:37:28 PM
I suppose you have not seen the replay ... looks like I lose the bike the first time, lost the back under acceleration with TCS to max!
After that I always missed the front, certainly not for my mistakes!
With my race pace, I could easily do the second, walking quietly for the track. Instead it was another race ruined by a bad physics of the front, and also the bike.

P.S. Same thing happened to Nick, what the hell are racing if you can not push to the maximum?

In addition to yan was not counted a lap despite having doubled almost all riders ... there's much to work.

Hi Blackheart.

Yes I have seen the replay(first thing I do after the race. Lol ). I understand were your frustrations are coming from, I saw your falls in the race...

Let's face it, we've all rage quit at some stage in the past(I personally could've easily rage quit after that first fall in the race yesterday when my bike decided to do it's get-up and piss off down the road routine. Lol ), but we all know GPB is a beta and we all understand that there is still work to be done by Piboso to sort out certain issues with the physics, but having said that the GP10 is not a particularly stable bike in my opinion and I think we all know that? Again in my opinion it's more to do with the actual bike physics than a GPB physics problem and consequently this results in real frustrations in rider performance at times.

I certainly agree with you that there is nothing worse than not being able to ride to the max with a bike, but at the same time we all have to deal with the same problems and in a race situation riders should really ride a bike according to it's and the riders ability; after all, if your bike has a puncture you wouldn't go into a corner at the same speed as you would normally expect to if it didn't have a puncture - result would be a crash. So why push an unstable bike to your max in a race when you know you cannot do that without crashing? You may get away with it for one or two laps in a hotlap situation but in a race you cannot ride any bike(stable or not) at 110% all the time or your going to crash out.
I'm sure Jan would agree that to go faster in a race you actually have to ride slower than when your hotlapping(if that makes sense? Lol ). In other words if in a race situation you push too hard then you will actually slow your overall race time down quite considerably although on some laps you may do a great lap time. So if I may say so with no disrespect to you at all because your a good rider, but judging a race distance performance on a hot-lap performance is a total nonsense.  :)

Another thing riders need to consider when they rage quit is that it degrades the whole race for other riders, in that other riders final positions are not a true reflection on the race and there abilities, and the more people who rage quit the less of an actual race the event becomes.
The whole point of a race is testing your ability to ride the bike you have(unstable or not) at the fastest speed over a certain distance and number of laps to the best of your ability. What we don't need is riders displaying tantrums and rage quitting..... I'm sure if that rider was in a real team he wouldn't last very long before his butt was kicked down the road to nowhere. Lol.  ;D

Next time we're on track you can give me the finger if you like. Hehe.  But overall I'm sure you'd agree that for the benefit of virtual racing, "Rage quitting" needs to be frowned upon in a big way?  :)

Hawk.

matty0l215

I am very guilty of rage quitting in the past and now looking back on it, even if i had finished last, i still would have picked up points and just vetting race experiance is worth it.

It's frustrating but to finish first, first you must finish  ;) :) :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

teeds

I did enjoy this race, it's a sweet track but with teeth. 1st 2 laps was holding Nick and Yan behind me until I made stupid error in the bus stop (that's what race pressure from behind does for ya  ::) ), I think 3 riders then got past me. Then settled in to chase 3rd place Fin down and managed to pass him. Went by Nick who had wiped out on Eu Rouge at some point and knew Yan would be long gone. Only made one other mistake after that but had enough of a lead to 3rd to keep 2nd. I think we can give the win to Yan, I suspect he simply missed a checkpoint is all (that check point feature really does not belong in a race at all).

Spa is a track I know well from car sim racing, which helps loads. As Hawk says though you gotta learn to ride for the duration and forget hot laps for these events. I tend to try for the best times until a day before the event and then just go for consistency however slow that might be. Managed to find a probably not so fast but reliable line through Eu Rouge, so learnt it and during the race stuck to it, although I knew it could be done faster that came with a much greater risk of a crash. Sometimes you'll also find that just calming down and not pushing every where can make you faster over a lap, surprises me sometimes.

So I think it's grats to crazy fast and consistent Yan for the win and cheers to Nick for the event  :D

Napalm Nick

QUALLY RESULTS

RACE RESULTS (amended)

I apologise for rage quit. Too much stuff happened that day, with this game, so by start of race I was in 'a bad place'. I left for the sake of my sanity and to bite my tongue for a while. Not something I condone of, or am proud of, but I really had to. Forgive me.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"