• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:36:30 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Mugello bug?

Started by davidboda46, May 23, 2015, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

May 23, 2015, 01:00:38 AM Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:33:45 PM by davidboda46
There is something fishy with NC - Mugello, both the regular and the NDS version. I get core.exe on the 1-3 lap every time, at pretty much the exact same place! It happens in the middle off the short straight between Borgo San Lorenzo (5) and Casanova (6). Has anybody else had the same problem? Any ideas about why it happens?

[Update] Can now also confirm that the same problem occurs on the straight between Poggio Secco (3) and Materassi (4).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

DanielCostilla24

Yes I get the same exact thing can do a lap without core crashing.

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on May 23, 2015, 01:00:38 AM
There is something fishy with NC - Mugello, both the regular and the NDS version. I get core.exe on the 1-3 lap every time, at pretty much the exact same place! It happens in the middle off the short straight between Borgo San Lorenzo (5) and Casanova (6). Has anybody else had the same problem? Any ideas about why it happens?

[Update] Can now also confirm that the same problem occurs on the straight between Poggio Secco (3) and Materassi (4).

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

I must admit I have not had a problem before with Noss69's NC-Mugello Track, but I'll test myself at the places you state above on track and see if I get this problem too. I'll report back here.

Can I ask what graphic settings you have so I can match same settings for the test?

Thanks for reporting this issue Daniel.... I'll report back later this evening when I get home and am able to test myself.

Hawk.

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Thanks for the above graphics info, appreciated.

I notice you are not using the default GPB interface. There have been reports in the past that changing the GPB interface to a custom one can make GPB unstable...... As I said in my previous post above I'll give this a test with your graphics settings you provided here and get back to you here this evening, but it might also be advisable to put the default interface back and test it again yourself and see if it still gives you the same issues.  ;)

Just a thought but worth a try I think.....  ;)

Thanks David.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

[off topic]
@David: why having everything maxed out and anisotropic  at minimum ? Aniso doesn't impact the FPS a lot (much  less than antialiasing I think).

MaX.

Napalm Nick

I have high Aniso and low Anti.

Anti causing problems is common - not that I'm saying its causing the specific problem here but while core.exe exists removing known problematic settings might help. Might....
I haven't had a core outside of the server tests last night for ages, not that that proves anything.

For example Poor old Meyer had a lotttt of cores last night while Hawkster and others had but 1 so it could be influenced by individual settings.  Could be.... :) .

Pennyworth inserted  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

davidboda46

Ok, I'll try with the default interface and see if I the problems remain. Let you know how it went when I've tried.

(Honestly I can't remember why I lowered the anisotropic)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 25, 2015, 11:14:30 AM
I have high Aniso and low Anti.
That makes more sense usually: antialiasing eats up more FPS than aniso, so if you're on a shaky GPU, then ...

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 25, 2015, 11:14:30 AM
Anti causing problems is common - not that I'm saying its causing the specific problem here but while core.exe exists removing known problematic settings might help. Might....
Never heard about any correlation between usage of AA and core.exe (surely not for me, I have everything maxed out and usually suffer from few core.exe crashes).

MaX.

Napalm Nick

I couldn't wait I had to have a go....

same thing - game closes at those areas. Did it to me 1st run 1st lap, 2nd run 2nd Lap, 3rd Run (AA and Aniso to Min _why not?) 3rd Lap.
Other points of note: First two times the game shutdown with no error message, 3rd time it gave core.exe error message.

Anything else? I have standard interface but Mod garage, I was running the excellent MaxHUD to see where I was on the track map at freeze.

Suggestions - 
Apart from some random pattern in the results (123,123) yep that track has an issue.
Knowing what that issue is could go a long way to help knowing more about the cores  :o
maxDEBUG needed.  :-*
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

May 25, 2015, 03:14:12 PM #10 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:18:35 PM by Hawk UK
Just been testing on NC-Mugello and I had no problems whatsoever.

I can only suggest you use default GPB interface and garage in future guys as there is certainly nothing wrong or amiss with the track as far as I can tell because as I said I had no problems whatsoever, and I personally created the track surface model for this track with Noss so I know for sure there is no problem with the track surface mesh that could cause any problems.

For your reference: I was using same graphics settings as you posted above David. I was testing with the SBK BMW 1000 bike and did 15 laps in the test.
I have not changed any interfaces to custom MOD interfaces.

Hope this helps.

Hawk.
PS: If all else fails, maybe try downloading and installing the track again from the forum "Track Downloads" Database might somehow work for you? But to be honest I cannot see that making any difference as if the track data was corrupt in any way it just wouldn't work at all. But stranger things have happened so it maybe worth a try as a last resort?  ;)

HornetMaX

davidboda46

Thanks for looking into it guys!

Cheers!

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

davidboda46

Ok, I removed the custom UI and tried the NC - Mugello NDS. Got the crash after six laps, so at least a bit better. Then I downloaded NC - Mugello RC1.00 and that worked for eleven laps. So now I'm totally confused  :P Going to keep testing, but keeping my fingers crossed that Beta 7 will solve this problem (and many other).

Thanks again,

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on May 25, 2015, 09:57:14 PM
Ok, I removed the custom UI and tried the NC - Mugello NDS. Got the crash after six laps, so at least a bit better. Then I downloaded NC - Mugello RC1.00 and that worked for eleven laps. So now I'm totally confused  :P Going to keep testing, but keeping my fingers crossed that Beta 7 will solve this problem (and many other).

Thanks again,

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Very strange indeed..... You have not by any chance got programmes running in the background or running at the same time that might be interfering in the running of GPB have you? Any tool bars are particularly suspect of causing troubles with the running of other apps in my experience, or any malware adware apps that have been installed by mistake that you may not even know about?

When was the last time you did a complete fresh re-install of your PC Operating System? If you do suspect any malware or adware that you cannot get rid of by the usual means then a totally fresh re-install of your OS is a good idea and only way you'll know for sure that you get rid of some of these problems, but I only tend to do this sort of thing as a very last desperate resort to solve any possible Virus/Malware/Adware issues that are messing with my PC's operation.

Hawk.