• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:53:22 PM

Spa Francorchamps

Started by Napalm Nick, November 21, 2015, 08:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I remember the great Hawkster did some work on Spa for our Owners Club races earlier this year and it is a great track.

However, there is still a timing problem I believe to be on the 4th (last) sector. I just did 9 timed laps there and only 3 times were posted. I swear I never went wide/off track/ outside the racing limits there although a couple of them might have been falls that caused it but even so that leaves 4 or so laps unaccounted for.

and I cried a bit because one was my fastest lap for the Hotlap server  :'( :'(

Anyway I have got over it with some jelly and ice cream, and just wondered if someone with the suitable skills can add 'having a look at it' to their to-do list sometime please.

Thankee you lovely bunch.  :-*
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

In general, it's not a track issue, it's just the server going nuts. Restart the server, problem gone. For a while.

Napalm Nick

November 21, 2015, 09:08:03 PM #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:25:21 PM by Napalm Nick
Are we sure though ?- I restarted the server just before I joined it this last time (because no hotlap data was being sent at all). After this reset data was sent again OK. There is something odd going on in that sector because sometimes a yellow flag is shown randomly too? Falls in the pits put you out on track at respawn and just funny little things like that.
And there was that cufuffle in the races where people (mainly SuperT) got shown blue flags constantly.
Shame because it is a great track and I am really keen to see how the B8 uphill/downhill/lean physics changes improve areas there (especially Eu Rouge  :o))
Wish I knew more about this track stuff really hate to ask  :-[
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 21, 2015, 09:08:03 PM
Are we sure though ?- I restarted the server just before I joined it this last time (because no hotlap data was being sent at all). After this reset data was sent again OK. There is something odd going on in that sector because sometimes a yellow flag is shown randomly too? Falls in the pits put you out on track at respawn and just funny little things like that.
And there was that cufuffle in the races where people (mainly SuperT) got shown blue flags constantly.
Shame because it is a great track and I am really keen to see how the B8 uphill/downhill/lean physics changes improve areas there (especially Eu Rouge  :o))
Wish I knew more about this track stuff really hate to ask  :-[

I've double checked it Nick,  but I cannot see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe try using the NDS version as a comparison test to see if you get the same problems with the NDS version as you have been having with the current DS version your using on server.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

OK mate will do.
Thanks for checking  ;)

HornetMaX

Falls in the pits put you out on track
Uh, that's usually a sign something is wrong with the declaration of the pitlane (pit start/stop lines and/or object naming). Hawk ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 21, 2015, 09:54:41 PM
Falls in the pits put you out on track
Uh, that's usually a sign something is wrong with the declaration of the pitlane (pit start/stop lines and/or object naming). Hawk ?

Yeah... Sorry. I didn't look at the surfaces definitions as I was concentrating on seeing if there was anything wrong with the timing or check markers..... Rushing I guess. Lol  ;D

Just checked again...... The pit-lane surfaces have not been named correctly; pits and pit-lanes are currently being treated as main track surface.

I'll have to contact Janau about that because I think he is the only one with the source scene files? But I'll check out the database and see first.  ;)

Hawk.

h106frp

Agree that something is amiss with lap timing even off line with spa as i have noticed it several times in the past

janaucarre

im on guys,  i rebuild some kerbs to,  will post it today,  i think about 1 or 2this afternoon

Napalm Nick

Wow Janau, thank you so much really appreciated. ;D

Thanks also Hawk, Max and H and all. ;)

janaucarre

work done,  export is working.
Changes:
pitin,  pitout,  race off,  renamed the pit roads
last kerb rebuild,  first and the famous S at the beginning are rebuild and two at the S after the long straight

JJS209

Quote from: janaucarre on November 22, 2015, 12:15:44 PM
Changes:
last kerb rebuild,  first and the famous S at the beginning are rebuild and two at the S after the long straight
nice, thank you!

Napalm Nick

Quote from: janaucarre on November 22, 2015, 12:15:44 PM
Changes:

Wow look forward to trying it Janau thank you!
I wait Hawker to release it!  ;D

janaucarre

i forget to make little things so,  now it export,  i hope the last time today.
I noted problem to apply a texture on the road with the white line each sides,  so i applued a texture without and build white line. i hope i use the right format for it (16bits) if no another export will be done.

Napalm Nick

its all magicians work to me.  ::)

But thanks!