• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 02:39:00 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Portimao

Started by RBp, February 14, 2014, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: RBp on February 15, 2014, 11:18:38 AM
I rather spend my time fixing bumps for them and then come back to better textures once I go though some painting lesion.
Totally agree !

MaX.

janaucarre

Thx for this track.
I tested some tricks to smooth bumps, select all and scale at 80% in z axis, the difference in background is not remarkable, but the smooth is better, try it.

RBp

Quote from: janaucarre on February 17, 2014, 04:24:06 PM
Thx for this track.
I tested some tricks to smooth bumps, select all and scale at 80% in z axis, the difference in background is not remarkable, but the smooth is better, try it.

By all do meen just the track section?

janaucarre

i mean all part of the track(pits, asphalt, fence, etc...)

Davide74

Thanks!!

great track!!  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on February 17, 2014, 05:53:32 PM
Hmm ... but wouldn't this "flatten" the entire track ?
I mean, if you have a 10m climb, after your "trick" you'll only have an 8m climb no ?

MaX.

RBp

I get ya, it different and a lot faster to how I smooth tracks but with the elevation changes it would work a lot better,

RBp

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 05:55:26 PM
Hmm ... but wouldn't this "flatten" the entire track ?
I mean, if you have a 10m climb, after your "trick" you'll only have an 8m climb no ?

MaX.

It would do and all the models around, it bloody good idea if get some of the tracks to work better. might only need a small decrase in size to be perfict and no would notice the difference, I replace the track surface with a new plain which get rids of the ripple that chatter  the bike to death but the physical bumps I struggle with fixing, It a cleaver work around as the bikes probily wont get fixed

HornetMaX

I'm not sure I understand fully, but if the z-scale trick changes the whole track height, to me it's not a solution. It's not even a workaround.

I mean, 20% intentional error on track elevation ? In a simulator that takes into account transmission losses and air-oil effects in the suspensions ?  :o
Why not making a given track totally flat then ? The problem would be gone.

I understand that it may be fast, but as someone said recently, better 1 good track than 20 average ones.

The method you use for smoothing seems to work fine, keep on with it, even if it means "only" 1 smoothed track a month.

MaX.

korbik

Big Thanks for track its awesome!

iVolution

February 17, 2014, 08:33:44 PM #25 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:52:29 PM by iVolution
Great track, looks beautiful. I haven't found anything wrong with it riding the 1000cc.

edit: the 600cc seems to have a lot more trouble coping with the bumps and height difference  :-\. Seems more a bike physics problem than something with the track surface as experienced on other tracks.

RBp

HornetMaX

Just noticed: in the stats page (http://stats.gp-bikes.com/records.php?trackid=30&bikeid=4) the track is named "Pprtimao".

MaX.