• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on April 22, 2014, 03:33:30 PM
are the faces flipped?

try exporting and reimporting just that section

try remaking it?

3d print it and beat piboso over the head with it?  ;D :o

No the faces are not flipped in the mesh, and they are not even there in the export at all, it's just a void. It's as though the new section has just been ignored for some reason.

Tried exporting and reimporting that section alone.... no joy.

I've tried rebuilding it three times.

"3d print it and beat piboso over the head with it?" - Haha.... Well it would be nice if Piboso would take a few mins out to help us with problems like this. Even if he just says it's broke so we'll have to wait for an update. At least we'd now where we stood instead of wasting SO much time trying to figure out if it's something we are doing wrong or whether it's a bug in the exporter plugin? Or maybe he could suggest a workaround? Just some help and advice from the creator would be good for us to get things sorted quickly. ;)

janaucarre

5 seconds to find what was wrong:
the polys of this curve are flipped:)

Harrytmj66

Looking forward to trying this out guys. Been going to Mallory since i was a kid and it really is one of the most historic tracks in the UK

Hawk

April 22, 2014, 06:24:17 PM #93 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:53:03 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: janaucarre on April 22, 2014, 04:13:11 PM
5 seconds to find what was wrong:
the polys of this curve are flipped:)

Yeah... I feel a right bananna now. Hehe. :-[
Thought Maya would pick them up as I usually have the two sided lighting checked "off", but it was checked to "on". That will teach me to take things for granted. LOL

Thank you Janu ... Appreciate it.  ;D

I'll just go and jump off a roof now guys(Just joking!). Hehe  ;D

Hawk

April 22, 2014, 07:27:28 PM #94 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:30:02 PM by Hawk_UK
Might have found a reason for the core.exe's in GP Bikes guys??:
While updating to the next version, I'd put the track surface into an earlier version of the track terrain which was still full of gaps and split verts, etc, etc..... Still I tested the new version of the track surface with this, but I noticed that each time I ran off track over particularly a small gap were the bike doesn't fall through, I got a core exe crash.
Now this was not normal on the track terrain I'd pretty much fixed a lot of the split verts and gaps before. So what do you guys think? Could this be the reason we get core.exe crashes in GP bikes? Because of all the split verts and edges not matched up properly to the separate objects composing the track as a whole? Might be worth looking into more I think.  :)

PeterV

April 22, 2014, 08:00:22 PM #95 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:03:13 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 22, 2014, 07:27:28 PM
Might have found a reason for the core.exe's in GP Bikes guys??:
While updating to the next version, I'd put the track surface into an earlier version of the track terrain which was still full of gaps and split verts, etc, etc..... Still I tested the new version of the track surface with this, but I noticed that each time I ran off track over particularly a small gap were the bike doesn't fall through, I got a core exe crash.
Now this was not normal on the track terrain I'd pretty much fixed a lot of the split verts and gaps before. So what do you guys think? Could this be the reason we get core.exe crashes in GP bikes? Because of all the split verts and edges not matched up properly to the separate objects composing the track as a whole? Might be worth looking into more I think.  :)

We had a problem with that with for example in Aragon in the past. All open verts along the track (black surface between track and grass/curbs), which gave by touching or crossing them a core.exe.
We have mentioned that to Piboso at the time, and he made an alteration to GPbikes (track stuff thingy detection?, I dont know what im on a bout  ;D). But i can remember that.
If you wanna know exactly you might wanna ask Piboso or maybe Gazillion man.

Btw, how high was the roof you jumped off? i bet it was from a kiddie house on the playground cause you posted again already  ;D

Warlock

Quote from: PeterV on April 22, 2014, 08:00:22 PM
Btw, how high was the roof you jumped off? i bet it was from a kiddie house on the playground cause you posted again already  ;D

hahaahhah !   ;D

janaucarre

Holes, space between vertex, are really bad for gpbikes, you can test(lol) to fall of the track, ulster is great for that, after seconds you falling you gotta  have a core.exe crash, the time depends of your pc and the track.

HornetMaX

Gazillion man, to the rescue !

Well, not much to add actually. Holes are well known to cause crashes (not systematically, but often enough).
However, we've seen crashes even when well in the middle of the track, even in the pits.

Max.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 22, 2014, 10:24:53 PM
Gazillion man, to the rescue !

Well, not much to add actually. Holes are well known to cause crashes (not systematically, but often enough).
However, we've seen crashes even when well in the middle of the track, even in the pits.

Max.

This is what I've been saying in earlier posts about the current tracks source files I've had a look at, a lot if not all I've seen have their tracks surfaces and everything else split up into separate pieces. Now if the separate sections of the track surface have not been absolutely lined up perfect which a lot of them are not, they even overlap slightly in some cases, then surely this could be the cause of the core.exe's we've been experiencing while riding on the track surface? It's just a thought.  :)

Hawk

Oh... and btw guys.... Thanks to Janu's help in sorting out my export problem, I've successfully and finally exported the new version of Mallory Park and tested it. I must say that I think it is a success! ;D ;D
The hairpin is now smooth and gives you confidence to ride round their without walking on eggshells anymore for fear of the bike sliding away from you or falling over. But I have just got the track lap timer to sort out before I upload for you guys to give it a good testing, if I knew how. Lol
The only thing I haven't put on track are the checkpoints; I've got a feeling they have something to do with the actual lap time recordings, as I already have the sector timing markers installed and they record the sector times but don't seem to record the actual lap time as a whole? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on April 22, 2014, 08:00:22 PM

Hahaha!!  ;D ;D

Well.... We live on the top floor 17 floors up in the penthouse suite(Well that's what I like to call it. Hehe). I took one look out the window and thought I'd go for a beer instead.  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 23, 2014, 12:49:34 AM
But I have just got the track lap timer to sort out before I upload for you guys to give it a good testing, if I knew how. Lol
Didn't we discuss this already ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=958.msg10984#msg10984

The only thing I haven't put on track are the checkpoints; I've got a feeling they have something to do with the actual lap time recordings, as I already have the sector timing markers installed and they record the sector times but don't seem to record the actual lap time as a whole? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Didn't we discuss this already ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=958.msg10991#msg10991

Deja vu powa !! :) :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 23, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
But I have just got the track lap timer to sort out before I upload for you guys to give it a good testing, if I knew how. Lol
Didn't we discuss this already ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=958.msg10984#msg10984

Didn't we discuss this already ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=958.msg10991#msg10991

Deja vu powa !! :) :)

MaX.

Hi Max.
Indeed we have mate.  ;D
The problem still is that I've had a look at Victoria(Hmm... Should be named: Phillip Island Circuit, shouldn't it?  :) ), and I still cannot get the lap times to work even though I've now put in the checkpoints too. Again frustrating... again probably a silly mistake on my part that I'm overlooking. Lol. I've just been going through so much information overload trying to absorb everything at once for this track integration process that my mind is going here there and everywhere except were it should be at the moment, if you know what I mean. Hehe.

Although I'm stubborn and want to figure out and learn to do things for myself, I also realise that there comes a point were a person just needs a helping hand to be able to progress further. So anyway, Ricco very kindly offered to take a look at it for me, so I've sent him the required files and a copy of the current version of the track, so I'm hoping he can sort out my lap timing problem and tell me where I was going wrong.  ;D

HornetMaX

Just to be sure, did you fix the finish line issue (1st link in my post above) ?

MaX.