• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 05:09:23 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

April 24, 2014, 07:46:20 PM #135 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:49:21 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: C21 on April 24, 2014, 07:11:58 PM
offline driving is fine. Can´t connect online because of DATA Mismatch  ;)
Used the latest version (Folder date 23.03.2014 19:13).
If the folder is named Mallory Park 1978, then you have the correct version. :)

Is your bike mod up to date?

PS: Saw you connect and then disconnect almost straight away?

nuovaic

It'll be the bikes, best to re-download anything in your bikes folder older than March :) Or to be safe just do them all again

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 24, 2014, 07:00:10 PM
I gave a quick try to Mallory 1978 compared to the previous Mallory, only a few laps with the 600 and the 125. The hairpin is definitely way better in your version and, especially with the 125, I had less random crashes due to the front washing out all of a sudden without any real reason. Some strange things are still there (the 125 sometimes loses the front when closing the throttle, OK it can happen, but not that much), but it's probably not a track problem. Well done Hawk_UK !

I'm not sure how easy it is, but it would be good if our little community of track modders was able to exchange best practices using 3ds/Maya, tricks and useful tools, ways to redo the track surface of a given track in a clever manner and so on.

MaX.

P.S.
Only tested locally, not online.

Hi Max.
Thanks for the feedback.  ;)

I agree the track is a whole lot better than it was and the hairpin is very good now.
Overall I think it gives a lot more confidence to ride the track and particularly that hairpin without feeling you have to ride on egg-shells, which was my aim.... So I guess this could be marked as a success.

Would love to hear some feedback from a manual rider operated bike to see how they feel about it?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 24, 2014, 07:00:10 PM

I'm not sure how easy it is, but it would be good if our little community of track modders was able to exchange best practices using 3ds/Maya, tricks and useful tools, ways to redo the track surface of a given track in a clever manner and so on.

MaX.

I think I'm the only guy using Maya? But if anyone is interested in how I did what I did using Maya, then let me know and I'll post a step by step little tutorial in it's own thread.  ;) :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on April 24, 2014, 07:11:58 PM
offline driving is fine. Can´t connect online because of DATA Mismatch  ;)
Used the latest version (Folder date 23.03.2014 19:13).
It connected instantly for me.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 24, 2014, 08:11:55 PM
I think I'm the only guy using Maya? But if anyone is interested in how I did what I did using Maya, then let me know and I'll post a step by step little tutorial in it's own thread.  ;) :)

oDi uses Maya too (but he's not into track modding, he has plenty to do with bikes already).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 24, 2014, 08:13:03 PM

oDi uses Maya too (but he's not into track modding, he has plenty to do with bikes already).

MaX.

Is there only oDi and me that realise just how good Maya is over 3ds Max? Hehe ;D

PS: No seriously... they are both good in there own ways.... just depends what you started with I guess?  ;)

Ian

This track is very good for the 125 the hairpin is a dream great job Hawk_UK it will still tuck but you have to be heavy handed.
I did have a core exe when I hit the barrier on the outside of the first corner were there are people standing may be a hole there.
Have to try another track and work your magic, Brno would be a good test my favorite track.  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on April 24, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
Have to try another track and work your magic, Brno would be a good test my favorite track.  ;D
Brno gp is already pretty good, we just raced it with the 600 (italian championship) and it went pretty OK. Aragon on the other hand was a total catastrophe.

MaX.

Ian

You mean Aragon had more core exe problems ?
I was thinking about that uphill chicane at Brno its so tricky.

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on April 24, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
This track is very good for the 125 the hairpin is a dream great job Hawk_UK it will still tuck but you have to be heavy handed.
I did have a core exe when I hit the barrier on the outside of the first corner were there are people standing may be a hole there.

Hi Ian.
I bet you hit that tiny slit of a gap that Peter found yesterday on the outside of the first corner at the sandpit? Seems that if you happen to hit one of those gaps even if it's tiny you'll get a core.exe. I sealed 99% of them on Mallory.... I'll seal that one on the next update.

Another fan of Brno for track resurfacing. I've had a few requests for wanting me to resurface the Brno circuit. I'll think about it... I've got my 1982 Yamaha YZR  500GP Bike to finish first now, but maybe a poll would be a good idea for which track people want resurfacing next? Hehe ;D ;D

Thanks for the feedback Ian... Much appreciated.  ;)

SA_22

Ian

I have never connected to a track with my ping at 190 before normally if its over 100 I can't connect just a coincident ?
Just sort that bloody chicane out at Brno  ;D  ;D   np mate

Ian

It would be interesting to see if your method will fix the gradient problems 

janaucarre

Hello,
Very good work:)
I m really interested by how do you smooth with maya, i will see if i can use your method in 3ds max.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on April 24, 2014, 08:30:12 PM
You mean Aragon had more core exe problems ?

Yes. Tons of core.exe crashes, including fo rme (I normally have very very few, like 1 every 5 or more hours of play).

Quote from: Ian on April 24, 2014, 08:30:12 PM
I was thinking about that uphill chicane at Brno its so tricky.

It is, but it's not sure it's a surface problem. The current brno gp is otherwise pretty good. For sure there are other tracks that do need a "resurf" more than brno gp.

MaX.