• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 08:40:38 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Problems to open the dedicated server

Started by [R70 Team] Super-Eleven, October 22, 2014, 03:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[R70 Team] Super-Eleven

Guys, I'm trying to open a dedicated server but I'm having problems with it. I followed the instuctions, but the servers doesnt load the server.ini inside of my GP Bikes main folder. I added the following path to my GP Bikes shortcut "C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" core.exe -dedicated 10510 -server.ini, but it's not reading the server.ini.

When I run the shortcut, it just opens with the Session name: dedicatedSession, and with the basic settings. How can I solve it?

HornetMaX

Quote from: lotusmania on October 22, 2014, 03:32:23 AM
Guys, I'm trying to open a dedicated server but I'm having problems with it. I followed the instuctions, but the servers doesnt load the server.ini inside of my GP Bikes main folder. I added the following path to my GP Bikes shortcut "C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" core.exe -dedicated 10510 -server.ini, but it's not reading the server.ini.

When I run the shortcut, it just opens with the Session name: dedicatedSession, and with the basic settings. How can I solve it?

Your shortcut looks wrong:
"C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" core.exe -dedicated 10510 -server.ini

Shoulpd be:
"C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" -dedicated 10510 -set params server.ini

All explained here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=26.msg38#msg38

MaX.

[R70 Team] Super-Eleven

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 22, 2014, 07:25:08 AM
Quote from: lotusmania on October 22, 2014, 03:32:23 AM

Your shortcut looks wrong:
"C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" core.exe -dedicated 10510 -server.ini

Shoulpd be:
"C:\GP Bikes\core.exe" -dedicated 10510 -set params server.ini

All explained here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=26.msg38#msg38

MaX.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Changed and the problem still the same =/

dibu

October 22, 2014, 04:16:06 PM #3 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:27:57 PM by dibu
The server searches your .ini file in this folder: C:\GP Bikes\gpbikes
Are you sure that it's there? 

Also double check that it's saved as server.ini and not server.ini.txt
(Uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types' in your explorer options)

[R70 Team] Super-Eleven

Quote from: dibu on October 22, 2014, 04:16:06 PM
The server searches your .ini file in this folder: C:\GP Bikes\gpbikes
Are you sure that it's there?

AAAAAAAAAAAH thanks, now it works :D. I was letting the server.ini inside the root folder :P

dibu

OK, nice to hear that it's running now  8)