• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:17:30 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Garage - Bike geometry

Started by h106frp, November 03, 2015, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

I might be missing something, but is it possible to alter the rear ride height or adjust the height of the front yoke on the fork tubes in the garage?

C21

No , it is not possible.
You can only alter the preload of the front and rear which alters the ride height but you are not able to alter the length of the rear shock (as in real life) or to adjust the forkes with in the yokes (few milimeters up or down - as in real life).
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on November 03, 2015, 08:49:09 AM
No , it is not possible.
You can only alter the preload of the front and rear which alters the ride height but you are not able to alter the length of the rear shock (as in real life) or to adjust the forkes with in the yokes (few milimeters up or down - as in real life).

Hopefully this is something Piboso will implement in the future.  ;)

Hawk.

doNico

Could be interesting but surely Hard to implement... I would for sure be happy to See this in game since i have some horrible understeer in a Lot of corners... And adjusting the preload doesnt effect that soo much.

~don

PS: Smartphone typing ***** :P

h106frp

OK, thanks for confirming and hopefully it will be added in the future.

HornetMaX

I don't think it would be particularly difficult to implement. It may need some trickery in terms of showing that in the 3d model though.

Another setting that is missing (at least on some bikes) is the front fork forward/backward movement with respect to the steering axis (already reported a while ago by somebody, janaucarre I think).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: doNico on November 03, 2015, 09:43:54 AM
Could be interesting but surely Hard to implement... I would for sure be happy to See this in game since i have some horrible understeer in a Lot of corners... And adjusting the preload doesnt effect that soo much.

~don

PS: Smartphone typing ***** :P

+1  ;D

I'm glad someone agrees with me about the horrible understeer on a lot of the bikes..... So many riders are using their rear brakes to compensate for this that they forget it's there! Hehe.

BTW: In my opinion the rear brakes still help pull the bikes around the corner far too much in Beta 7b for my liking.... I'm sure from my experience it isn't like that in real life.  :P

Hawk.

doNico

Depends on how much you push on the lever ... Especially on the RSW 500 in Jerez, all the times, im on a fast lap and try to hit the apex as "planned" ... the bike goes waaaaay too far. The rear brake helps a bit, thats true but longer you brake, more heat in the disk and the power is gone ... i always try to trailbrake into a corner and hit the rear brake right before turning to the apex. Sometimes it works good (last corner eg) ... But if you try to go flat out onto the back straight trough the loooong right header its just rediculous how the bike goes waaay off line some times. My best time yesterday was a 1:47 flat (which for me is more than good i think)

~doN

BOBR6 84

On the 990 I would like to use the engine braking more but if set to 0 (maximum) or even 1 it is still impossible to ride without loosing the rear.

Does the swing arm pivot work in beta 7?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 05:24:54 PM
On the 990 I would like to use the engine braking more but if set to 0 (maximum) or even 1 it is still impossible to ride without loosing the rear.

What do the settings for the swing arm pivot actually do? What effect is it supposed to have on the handling?

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

think it changes the way the rear reacts when accelerating.. squat/lift ??

one for MaX i think!  ;) never had these settings myself on a bike.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 06:17:46 PM

one for MaX i think!  ;) never had these settings myself on a bike.

I have noticed that with a longer swing arm the bike is less prone to wheelie, but never understood what the swing arm pivot actually does and what it's for as far as the handling is concerned.

Thanks for the info Bob..... Maybe Max can elaborate on it further?  ;D 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

November 03, 2015, 06:33:27 PM #12 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:35:27 PM by BOBR6 84
probably way off here but i think changing the pivot position (higher) will make the rear lift when accelerating instead of squatting? would like to know too  ;D and if it works or not now?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 06:17:46 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 06:05:18 PM
What do the settings for the swing arm pivot actually do? What effect is it supposed to have on the handling?

Right.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 05:24:54 PM

Unless Piboso says otherwise, I'd say it doesn't work (i.e. changing it does nothing), like in past betas.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Bob - take the GP800 (6c) around the A1 ring until you are hitting consistent times then change the pivot setting see what you think? Maybe modders have been using this setting for some time despite the official line being it does nothing yet. Either that or it is a psychological setting along the lines of the other "placebo" settings lol. Either way it wasn't me who noticed it first.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"