• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 11:43:40 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Direct Lean Problem - [FIXED] No custom servers in server browser [FIXED]

Started by Vini, May 15, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

So, either there are no more custom servers left (which I hope is not the case) or I have a problem with my in-game server browser: It only shows the two default servers.

JJS209

Napalm Nick

Don't forget you only see in-game servers if you have the same tracks.
Check your tracks folder still exists, is in the right place, is named correctly and has tracks in it the same as the servers!

Hope that helps.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

I will just reinstall the game because I also have some problems with my profile...

Napalm Nick

make sure you have a copy of your registration details or file!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

May 17, 2015, 08:50:55 PM #5 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:54:44 PM by vin97
Okay, so after reinstalling the game, I can finally see and join custom servers again but I have a different probleme now with Direct Lean (I think).

No matter to what value I set Direct Lean, I don't have a direct connection between the controller stick and the handlebars. It seems as if Direct Lean is not full enabled because the bike is only flicking from side to side at a fixed (very slow) rate. It's basically impossible to properly ride tight chicanes like this, not to mention the fact that I am used to completely different bike handling.

So how do I get 'full/true' Direct Lean back? Is there some parameter in some .ini file that I need to manually modify?

Napalm Nick

Sorry vin for this one I have no idea.  :-[

I see a difference if I alter mine, but no .ini was changed here. Hopefuly someone else can help   :-\

Hawk

May 17, 2015, 09:15:05 PM #7 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:20:28 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: vin97 on May 17, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
Okay, so after reinstalling the game, I can finally see and join custom servers again but I have a different probleme now with Direct Lean (I think).

No matter to what value I set Direct Lean, I don't have a direct connection between the controller stick and the handlebars. It seems as if Direct Lean is not full enabled because the bike is only flicking from side to side at a fixed (very slow) rate. It's basically impossible to properly ride tight chicanes like this, not to mention the fact that I am used to completely different bike handling.

So how do I get 'full/true' Direct Lean back? Is there some parameter in some .ini file that I need to manually modify?

If you set direct lean to 100% you should get full direct lean function.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Be sure to do a clean install, removing you profiles. I think it happened to me too when I switched to beta6 (or 6c), not sure why (clean install for me every time).
It went way all of a sudden.

MaX.

Hawk

What is your Advanced Lean Linearity setting? Should be at 100%.  ;)

Hawk.

Vini

I did delete my old profile and both Direct Lean and linearity are set to 100%.
Input smoothing is disabled.

The bike still flicks way too slow.

Hawk

Have you set controller smoothing in advanced settings.... Uncheck it if you have.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Calibrated your controller ?

Send over your profile.ini, just to check.

MaX.

Vini

No smoothing and I have calibrated the controller.

BTW, when I set Direct Lean to 0% or other low values it's completely impossible to ride because there is a delay of about a second before the bike/rider starts to move (and on top of that it takes even longer for the bike to flick).

It seems as if direct lean ranges from -100% to 0% instead of 0 to 100 :D

I have attached my profile.ini.

HornetMaX

Try this: create another profile and see if works.
Damn I'm sure I had the same problem once, can't remember how I solved it ...

MaX.