• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 04:18:22 AM

Wheel/Rim color(s)

Started by PeterV, March 25, 2016, 11:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

I know we can give the wheels color and what not, but it is for the front and back wheel together.

If my memory server me wright  ( probably not ;)) i thought i read once you could give the color of the front wheel
another color then the rear wheel or vice versa. Or is it bike model specific? how its made in 3d app?
Does anyone know this to be true?

thx. in advance.

Hawk

March 25, 2016, 12:29:21 PM #1 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:31:44 PM by Hawk
Hi Peter.

You definitely can have the rear wheel painted a different colour from the front, but only if the bike author has the rear and front wheel UV maps separate from each other. That separation has to be done in a 3D app, yes.  ;)
My guess is that both the front and rear wheel UV maps are stacked on top of each other in some bikes and this is why when you colour the wheel template it colours both front and rear wheels at the same time in the same colour.

I'm presuming that if the front and rear wheel UV maps are separate then it is possible to name them for example: "Front_Wheel_map", and "Rear_Wheel_map" respectively and GPB would recognise them so long as those UV map names were assigned in one of the bike files, probably the .gfx file? Not sure on that. Lol  ;D

Hawk.