• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Update GP Bikes to higher version

Started by lkslodzkzn, November 21, 2016, 09:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkslodzkzn

November 21, 2016, 09:49:09 AM Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:57:49 AM by lkslodzkzn
Hi can someone answer me for that questions:
1.Do i need completly uninstall older version (include the main dociuments folder PiBoso an clean registry records) GPB before update to newer?
2.What with Replays , Time Records , Bikes settings?
3.After update i need again register the license key?
4.All Bikes, Paints and Tracks will work on newer version update from beta 9c to beta 10.
5.During the installation proces is checkbox For All users do i need to check this (Win XP)?
Thanks, cheers.

janaucarre

Here is my method since early beta:
Rename the gpbikes folder in gpbikes_b9c  (programfiles86/gpbikes_b9c/)
Rename the piboso folder in piboso_b9c (mydocuments/piboso_b9c/)
Launch the installation of the new gpbikes.setup
Check all checkbox during installation
Go to the piboso_b9c and open the licence.ini and copy the licence numbers
Launch gpbikes
Write your nickname, the same which is in the licence.ini
Past the licence numbers (Ctrl+V)
Clic OK
Go in profiles
Clic on modify
Enter a name and choose your preferred number
Clic OK
Clic done
Go in Settings and configure all needed ( dont forget to put button on the page INPUT 2 for Low Speed (i use down arrow and up arrow on my pad)
When all is ok exit the game for it to make a save of your configuration
Now launch the game and play
You can now copy the track folder from older Gpbikes_b9c/gpbikes/tracks to the new installation GPBikes/gpbikes/
Do the same with bikes folder

lkslodzkzn

Hawk

Personally I just delete everything except the "bikes" and "tracks" folder(copy and paste them to a safe place on my HDD).

Then I just delete everything else including the Piboso folder in the "My Documents" folder, everything. Then start the new install and put back the bikes and tracks folder after I've put in my license key and remade my profile.  ;)

Hawk.

Warlock

Renaming the old folders is enough to have a clean install, then copy all tracks bikes to the new installation. Its  a good method in case you forgot to copy something from the old one (helmets , stands...).
Once you are settled with the new one you can delete the old.

lkslodzkzn

Ok but replays from 9c will work with no problem in 10 yes?

Warlock

Not sure m8, probably not, , worth to rename the old folders just in case you want to go back to beta9c to see them, ..in case they doesn't work in beta10