• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 09:38:49 PM

Honda NR750 v. 1.0

Started by Blackheart, April 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on April 25, 2016, 03:57:27 PM
Quote from: janaucarre on April 25, 2016, 03:49:31 PM
For jerez it's my fault that the bike doesn't touch the ground all along,  thsts not a bug but a compromise i did.
To build a track there's a visual part and a physic part,  so because i want to publy a new one(don't know when),  i decided to publy this one. The ground you see is not as ridable as the one you ride on,  i know it's not a good job but we can have pleasure until final version.

::)

All tests for my bikes must be made on Victoria now. thx

Lol.... Best of luck with that decision Blacky  ;) ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

April 25, 2016, 05:29:22 PM #121 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:38:43 PM by matty0l215
Why so much hate for* Victoria.

I quite like it as a track... ???
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 25, 2016, 05:29:22 PM
Why so much hate got Victoria.

I quite like it as a track... ???

I love Phillip Island 8)

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk on April 25, 2016, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on April 25, 2016, 03:57:27 PM
Quote from: janaucarre on April 25, 2016, 03:49:31 PM
For jerez it's my fault that the bike doesn't touch the ground all along,  thsts not a bug but a compromise i did.
To build a track there's a visual part and a physic part,  so because i want to publy a new one(don't know when),  i decided to publy this one. The ground you see is not as ridable as the one you ride on,  i know it's not a good job but we can have pleasure until final version.

::)

All tests for my bikes must be made on Victoria now. thx

Lol.... Best of luck with that decision Blacky  ;) ;D

Hawk.

The first tester... it's me, other feedback are welcome, but It is not essential

janaucarre

Sorry guys.
I assure that's the only track i posted like this.

Blackheart

@Jana no problem Jana it was my mistake, I had probably never raced in jerez, and I tried to figure out how to fix a problem on my bike that not exist lol  :-[

Anyway Today I did a lot of laps in Victoria with the 0.4 physics and I never had wobbles problems... After I put a "long" onboard video.  ;)

I was a bit angry for my big fail  ;D

Sorry guys  :-*

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 25, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
So after 5 fricking attempts to upload a little shit of a video and YT screwing it up here is a video to show the NR after I swapped the tyre width to the correct order. Before the wider tyre 80 was on the front and 60 on the rear and now it is the right way round from my normal thinking.

There is still some wobble, but more realistic and it feels right too. Remember the last video coming out of turn 6!!!

The rear tyre still floats so it needs sorting, but the width is now the right order for thin front fat back.

DD

Wobble does still seem fine to me. I find, it depends on the track, but making setup changes fixes the issue. Here, check out a video: https://www.youtube.com/v/z1QUZnVtdUA

h106frp

April 25, 2016, 07:44:19 PM #127 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:50:39 PM by h106frp
OK, tried the tire radius change and it is reflected in game - note rear tire to track 'gap'

The default tyre is wider and taller than my road bike tyre so i will have to make a full tire set  :(

Wish the rider would bend his arms a bit  ;D

Blackheart

@Urban Chaos 2.0 Nice vid i love Cadwell park!

IMO the dangerous wobble on this bike is when you change from 1st to 2st gear, probably with better data on the tires will be better.

@h106frp you only have reduced the radius for the rear tyre?

h106frp

Yes, this is just radius change without recalculating the contact curve. I will need to recalculate for the correct narrower tire which should have a steeper curvature. Just demonstrating that model and tire file are linked, this is why you front 16 inch wheel looks so high off the ground.

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on April 25, 2016, 08:26:21 PM
this is why you front 16 inch wheel looks so high off the ground.

How do I calculate exactly how I reduce? Or a trial and error is enough?  :P

h106frp

April 25, 2016, 08:37:47 PM #131 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:49:29 PM by h106frp
You will need to remove at least 0.013m off the radius to start, then a bit of trial and error due to the difference in your 'classic' tire and the modern moto gp tire. For reference it took 0.025m off the original radius for the change in my images.

This give an idea of the variance in tire dimensions, divide CIRC by PI and you will have the different diameters. Note the weights - not sure what the tire file uses but i cannot see how they correlate  Actually it looks like it could be the total wheel weight  :)

Napalm Nick

Note in Chaos video front tyre temperatures too  :-X eek
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on April 25, 2016, 08:37:47 PM
You will need to remove at least 0.013m off the radius to start, then a bit of trial and error due to the difference in you 'classic' tire and the modern moto gp tire. For reference it took 0.025m off the original radius for the change in my images.

Perfect, thx^^

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 25, 2016, 08:39:51 PM
Note in Chaos video front tyre temperatures too  :-X eek

I see but its a very different pressure from default  ::) i've no big problem with the front tire temp, but surely I will check  ;)