• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 03:06:45 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Grobnik - Automotodrom v0.4.1 NDS

Started by zuco1989, June 26, 2016, 01:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zuco1989

yes thats correct because i used main road from rfactor and its sllighty diffrent. So now I am revert to assetto corsa but sadly on anchor only 2g network. For few days in vietnam so hoply to buy sim card there to upload fixed version and added complete starting/pit line

Kerazo

great track, love the layout. had one heavy core in turn 2 while braking so far. but as cape reported that before i think you looking into it
is the track that bumpy in reallife too? its just ok for the stable motogp bikes and even then you often have a lowslide. this ofcourse can be mastered with practice but i fear it would put newer players off of learning the track..
will continue testing with other bikes and then report.
PS: is the track with no dynamic surface (NDS)?

zuco1989

Yes in real life the same. I think that this affects more moto gp bikes, you have to play little bit with suspensions to make it softer. I manage to pull 1.29 laps in a row with practice on ps3 controller. Also on controller settings I put only 5% direct lean so the bike stay down when I turn.

Maybe with some better controller should be little easier.

I am new to track editing so I am not sure what dynamic surface is for now?

CapeDoctor

dynamic surface - for example, as you do more laps, more rubber is put down on the surface.... essentially, it means it changes as you ride on it....
personally, i don't mind about dynamic surface, especially as it seems to cause a lot of core crashes, less stability...

doubledragoncc

For online we need NDS if possible until the netcode is sorted.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Kerazo

yes, possible to make it more stable with the setup. but turn 1 and 2 are pretty tough. the bumps unsettle the bike very easy.. also 5 of my 5 cores i got on this track were on turn 1&2.
something isnt right there just yet. but i appericiate your work man. rly cool track

CapeDoctor

yes, that first turn, 1 and 2, is really tricky, but that's something i like about this track - it certainly has a lot of character, lol
once you figure out the best way through there, it's great - you need to kind of divide your braking area into further sub-divisions of some part front brake, other parts back brake - once you get that worked out (provided you're using a similar line each time) then it's quite fun to get through there.
besides the MotoGP bikes, i've also been having HUGE fun with the Road Ducati 916 around here!  ;D

Kerazo

very true. to get good laps in you have to be on your game with this track. certainly not an easy one! excited to see the progress over time.

Vini

in my opinion you should always make every track as smooth as possible for GPB even when it's bumpy in reality.
if we would all be using direct-steer, it wouldn't really matter but the virtual rider forces you to keep the lean input at 90-95% which is utterly unpractical on most controllers.

a different way to solve the problem would be to the ability to 'calibrate' the virtual rider so that he is automatically more careful in certain, predefined parts of the track and only puts the bike at maximum lean angle in corners without bumps.
wouldn't count on piboso doing something like this, though :D

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on June 28, 2016, 03:12:54 PM
in my opinion you should always make every track as smooth as possible for GPB even when it's bumpy in reality.
if we would all be using direct-steer, it wouldn't really matter but the virtual rider forces you to keep the lean input at 90-95% which is utterly unpractical on most controllers.

a different way to solve the problem would be to the ability to 'calibrate' the virtual rider so that he is automatically more careful in certain, predefined parts of the track and only puts the bike at maximum lean angle in corners without bumps.
wouldn't count on piboso doing something like this, though :D

I don't know whether I'd agree with that Vin..... I mean in reality a rider gets to know where the bumps and tricky parts are on track surfaces and rides accordingly.... Seems to me that a lot of GPB riders want to just be able to max lean on their controllers at every corner and expect to get away with it? Well you cannot do that in real life so why should people expect it in GPB?  :)

Hawk.

Vini

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 04:06:53 PMSeems to me that a lot of GPB riders want to just be able to max lean on their controllers at every corner and expect to get away with it? Well you cannot do that in real life so why should people expect it in GPB?  :)
We expect that because that is the purpose of the virtual rider. We had that discussion a few weeks ago. If you want to be in charge of finding the max. lean angle, the answer is direct-steer.
The other reason is that keeping the lean input just a tiny bit below max input is simply extremely unpractical on gamepads or in general controllers with short movement ranges.
The fact that small lean angle corrections can lead to lowsides because the virtual riders counter-steers too strongly is making it even worse.

Warlock

June 28, 2016, 09:45:08 PM #26 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:46:52 PM by Warlock
Sorry if  i'm wrong but i can't beleive my eyes on what im reading.

Are you saying GPB should be played slamming the pad stick side to side and the VR should take care of the rest? 

Vini

June 28, 2016, 10:24:10 PM #27 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:26:34 PM by vin97
when you are neither braking nor accelerating nor changing direction, yes.
so, no, I am not suggesting that it should be possible to play the game with only two lean angle inputs (max. left, max. right).

zuco1989

June 30, 2016, 03:00:38 PM #28 Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:03:03 PM by zuco1989
Guys relax,, new version is uploading and I solved this problem with turn 1 and 2. 

Now I think when testing this is the real situation of track, you will see some parts are "easier" on new version for example 1 and 2 turn and some "harder".

Lots of updates and now I think this is the real deal.

For smoothing the track I can do that but then I will release two versions called amateur and pro if you like that 

For this NDS this is generate surface in TrackEd?? is that correct?

doubledragoncc

I updated the servers so pls make sure you have the update to join.

Thanks zuco

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.