• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 10:34:06 AM

DriveClub Bikes

Started by HornetMaX, December 05, 2015, 01:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

We won't discuss the physics (reason being, there's nothing to discuss), but visually ... especially the 2nd half of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/v/zIuZRANWmbo

And wait: it's a bloody PS4 !! Right, a PS4, with a GPU roughly equivalent to an AMD 7870 ...

P.S.
Thx Juju for the video.

PiBoSo

December 05, 2015, 02:43:57 PM #1 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:17:21 PM by PiBoSo
Holy star field Batman!  :P
All in GLORIOUS 30fps!  ::)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Very pretty is all I can really say about that.... Though the rain/snowdrops drops(Starfield) leave a lot to be desired, and as if those rain drops would just sit there on the screen at that speed! Haha

If your a Milestone arcadey type fanboy it'll make your day I guess?  :P

I don't think that will worry Piboso at all.  8)

Hawk.

RiccoChicco

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 05, 2015, 02:43:57 PM

I personnaly prefer a beautiful 30fps game compared to an ugly 60fps game.

Anyway, no worries about GPB, it's not in the same racing games category.

Yohji

perhaps I think graphic level is goal as piboso games...(?)

Napalm Nick

I want both physics and graphics. I am greedy.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

JamoZ

I see my comment got deleted in good ol` piboso fashion  ;D

HornetMaX

December 05, 2015, 08:03:06 PM #8 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:59:51 PM by HornetMaX
Point is mooth, sorry. Do we have the possibility to have the same visaul quality (even at 30fps) in GPb ? No.
So who knows, maybe at that level of visual quality GPB could do 90fps (*) or maybe it could do only 10. I'd go for 10 though: GPB on a 2500K @ 4,4GHz + 7950 (so way better than a PS4) does 80 something fps at some places on Victoria. And honestly, visually it's 5 to 10 years behind.

Most of the people here (maybe apart Jamoz, but he's not really here, is he ?) will not even bother trying that game, that's already clear. But the point stays: a cheapo PS4 does better (visually) than GPB on a PC worth 3 times the price. And not marginally better, more like "in another freakin' league" better.

And I say all this knowing that graphics/visuals have never been in my top 2 priorities for GBP (which are physics and online ...).

P.S.
Yes, the starfield snow sucks.
Rain drops are bad in DriveClub ? Have you seen the raindrops in GPB ?!

EDIT: I wrote "I'd go for 120", obvious lapsus.  It was "I'd gor for 10"

Blackheart

Graphics
GP Bikes: 6
DriveClub: 9

Physics
GP Bikes: 8
DriveClub: 0

GP Bikes wins, but some graphic effect, I hope that version 1.0 will be implemented, obviously with the highest priority to the Physics!

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMax

Most of the people here (maybe apart Jamoz, but he's not really here, is he ?)

Hawk

December 05, 2015, 09:08:18 PM #11 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:14:14 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 05, 2015, 08:03:06 PM
Point is mooth, sorry. Do we have the possibility to have the same visaul quality (even at 30fps) in GPb ? No.
So who knows, maybe at that level of visual quality GPB could do 90fps (*) or maybe it could do only 10. I'd go for 120 though: GPB on a 2500K @ 4,4GHz + 7950 (so way better than a PS4) does 80 something fps at some places on Victoria. And honestly, visually it's 5 to 10 years behind.

Most of the people here (maybe apart Jamoz, but he's not really here, is he ?) will not even bother trying that game, that's already clear. But the point stays: a cheapo PS4 does better (visually) than GPB on a PC worth 3 times the price. And not marginally better, more like "in another freakin' league" better.

And I say all this knowing that graphics/visuals have never been in my top 2 priorities for GBP (which are physics and online ...).

P.S.

I would say in GPB defence on the graphics eye-candy subject, that GPB is still heavily in it's development process. Can Ride or the Drive Club say the same?

If Piboso could give us a fully working FBX-2-GPB exporter(enabling all the FBX export abilities that GPB is capable of), plus add a particle system and a well tuned HDR lighting system into GPB, then I'm sure that would go a long way to help others provide the sort of graphics we are seeing from these recent bike games.
But all depends on how efficient the GPB graphics engine is? I'm sure Piboso could eventually improve frame rates when GPB is at a viable stage in development to warrant doing so?

But I for one would love to see GPB with at least the same graphics capabilities as those games.... In fact I would go one better and implement the capability of real-time day/night weather too taken from data acquired from the internet like XPlane 10 does. That would be great for race events.  ;D 8)

Graphics:
GP Bikes: 5
Ride Club: 8

Physics:
Ride Club: 0

@Piboso: Any chance of letting us into your vision of future graphic abilities and implementations for GPB V1.0?  :)

Hawk.

Abigor

Quote from: Hawk on December 05, 2015, 09:08:18 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 05, 2015, 08:03:06 PM
So who knows, maybe at that level of visual quality GPB could do 90fps (*) or maybe it could do only 10. I'd go for 120 though: GPB on a 2500K @ 4,4GHz + 7950 (so way better than a PS4) does 80 something fps at some places on Victoria. And honestly, visually it's 5 to 10 years behind.

P.S.

I would say in GPB defence on the graphics eye-candy subject, that GPB is still heavily in it's development process. Can Ride or the Drive Club say the same?

If Piboso could give us a fully working FBX-2-GPB exporter(enabling all the FBX export abilities that GPB is capable of), plus add a particle system and a well tuned HDR lighting system into GPB, then I'm sure that would go a long way to help others provide the sort of graphics we are seeing from these recent bike games.
But all depends on how efficient the GPB graphics engine is? I'm sure Piboso could eventually improve frame rates when GPB is at a viable stage in development to warrant doing so?

But I for one would love to see GPB with at least the same graphics capabilities as those games.... In fact I would go one better and implement the capability of real-time day/night weather too taken from data acquired from the internet like XPlane 10 does. That would be great for race events.  ;D 8)

Graphics:

Physics:

@Piboso: Any chance of letting us into your vision of future graphic abilities and implementations for GPB V1.0?  :)

Hawk.
Graphics:  GP Bikes 5.......but Ride Club 8 ?? ?? ...Waaaw .....you know that 99.9% of all "pc master race" is drooling over this..... it's going to be a while before someone comes in to compete with Driveclub's weather effects......yes its arcade and bad physics but try to find better graphics weather effects....i'm waiting   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZcR3Fwnc8     ......  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrcxmQ8QDX0

h106frp

The graphics look driveclub are great but the main thing i would like to see in GPB are decent shadows for all object and proper lighting effects.

Anyway its nothing without the sensation of speed and a bike that is rewarding to ride. The one in the vid looks to be 'working' at half the speed the scenery is passing by at - not realistic and i think my interest would be quickly lost - do love the eye candy though  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Abigor on December 06, 2015, 12:55:26 AM
Quote from: Hawk on December 05, 2015, 09:08:18 PM

Graphics:

Physics:

Hawk.
Graphics:  GP Bikes 5.......but Ride Club 8 ?? ?? ...Waaaw .....you know that 99.9% of all "pc master race" is drooling over this..... it's going to be a while before someone comes in to compete with Driveclub's weather effects......yes its arcade and bad physics but try to find better graphics weather effects....i'm waiting   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZcR3Fwnc8     ......  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrcxmQ8QDX0

Well a "10" for graphics would be perfection(cannot tell difference between real life and game graphics), Drive Club Graphics, though very good, are not a "10" standard in my book.  :P

But as seems to be the case with 90% of gamers these days.... Give them very good graphics and they drool over your product. Lol

Like I've been reading from some wise people..... These sort of games are great to play at first but they have no substance and therefore get chucked in the cupboard hardly ever to be played again.
GP Bikes may not have the eye-candy as yet, but it has bucket-loads of substance... It's the only bike sim I have continually wanted to use since the day I bought it.... Let's see if you feel the same about Drive Club in 6 months time.  ;)

Hawk.