• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

June 24, 2014, 01:12:20 AM #90 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:14:25 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Daniel_F on June 24, 2014, 12:57:18 AM
ok with more news from me ( sorry to be boring) so i changed to full tank hard tyres and the front improved a lot right now can do a lot better lap times with race setup then qual setup ill post a video with hard tyres and then qual ones

PS: ill take a pic of my setup so u guys can try and give me feedback

Hi Daniel.

This sounds interesting.... I'll have to give this a try when you post your pic of your setup.

Thanks Daniel.  ;)

Hawk.

EDIT: Oh. This was on the 990 bike? I will try a similar setup on the 500 and compare.  ;)

Warlock

Preload does seem to help in the overall handling.
Imo the bike still wheeling too much, also wobbling but preload seems to help a bit.

Daniel_F

well about the wheeliies im doing control by throtle

Daniel_F

June 24, 2014, 01:48:57 AM #93 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:53:27 AM by Daniel_F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbrglB9sOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbrglB9sOw
there u go hard tyres tomorow ill post the qual ones and ull see the difference

Klax75

New feature I found that I like. In replays if you go to free-roam it now goes to the bike, not the start finish. :D

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Daniel_F on June 24, 2014, 12:57:18 AM
ok with more news from me ( sorry to be boring) so i changed to full tank hard tyres and the front improved a lot right now can do a lot better lap times with race setup then qual setup ill post a video with hard tyres and then qual ones

PS: ill take a pic of my setup so u guys can try and give me feedback

I did not even think about that, I also did my testing with hard tyres. I did not think that the front issues could get worse with softer tyres. Would be strange if.... will test that tonight myself.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Stout Johnson

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 11:49:59 PM
Well guys I switched to my xbox one gamepad and tried out beta 5b once again. By the way I turned direct lean OFF.

It has transformed beta 5b for me. It now makes one heck of a lot more sense. You can now ride this thing with direct lean off with a joypad controller. The bike now turns in and steers..much to my surprise.

So with my steering wheel set-up with direct lean on I have major issues. With my xbox one joppad plugged in and direct lean off it works! On the basis of this set-up I like beta 5b quite a lot!

Just thought I had better let you know.

I'm off to bed now. But what a pleasant surprise.  :)

grT

P.S. I'm also getting a few rear wheel powerslides round Silverstone on the varese 500..
nice to hear that, although MaX may shed a tear to see you leave the direct leaners club  ;D
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

BOBR6 84

Tyre pressures seem to have a bigger impact now!

I dont know maybe its just in my head but I think beta5b has more to offer and find out!

Testing testing testing! :) lovin it!!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 24, 2014, 05:25:37 AM
Well guys I switched to my xbox one gamepad and tried out beta 5b once again. By the way I turned direct lean OFF.
nice to hear that, although MaX may shed a tear to see you leave the direct leaners club  ;D
Youngsters ... so volatile ... pad, no wheel; no direct lean, yes direct lean, no direct lean; pink, no salmon pink, no candy pink ... :)

BTW leaning in the turn has never been what I disliked about direct lean off: picking up the bike is what bothers me.

As soon as I have my PC back I want to do a few tests with direct lean ON/OFF and the telemetry to try to visualize what direct lean off does.

MaX.

girlracerTracey

June 24, 2014, 08:14:25 AM #99 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:17:27 AM by girlracerTracey

It has transformed beta 5b for me. It now makes one heck of a lot more sense. You can now ride this thing with direct lean off with a joypad controller. The bike now turns in and steers..much to my surprise.

So with my steering wheel set-up with direct lean on I have major issues. With my xbox one joppad plugged in and direct lean off it works! On the basis of this set-up I like beta 5b quite a lot!

grT

P.S. I'm also getting a few rear wheel powerslides round Silverstone on the varese 500..

Thanks Stout. Yes I'm very pleased about it as well!  ;) Relieved more than anything. Even the weave is controllable now. It's just that front wheel "oscillation" into and through bends that is spoiling this now. I think everyone pretty much agrees on that now. But it seems easier to deal with that with the joypad.. Wheelies on the 500 varese are a bit exaggerated in the higher gears but again more easy to compensate for with the xbox one controller. You have a quicker response to "trouble" with the pad..

I wasn't going mad guys for a steering wheel user with direct lean on beta 5b is pretty much unrideable. I don't think this beta is for steering wheel users. It seems designed for joypad controllers and the direct lean off club to me. Direct lean off feels great now. Only thing I notice is a sort of "slow zone" in steering input at the top of the thumbstick's travel when changing direction from left to right..but I guess you have that effect in real life.

So happy'ish bunny here really but the front wheel oscillation does need attention I think.

grT (new member of the direct lean off club)  ;)

Klax75

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 24, 2014, 08:14:25 AM

grT

Thanks Stout. Yes I'm very pleased about it as well!  ;) Relieved more than anything. Even the weave is controllable now. It's just that front wheel "oscillation" into and through bends that is spoiling this now. I think everyone pretty much agrees on that now. But it seems easier to deal with that with the joypad.. Wheelies on the 500 varese are a bit exaggerated in the higher gears but again more easy to compensate for with the xbox one controller. You have a quicker response to "trouble" with the pad..

I wasn't going mad guys for a steering wheel user with direct lean on beta 5b is pretty much unrideable. I don't think this beta is for steering wheel users. It seems designed for joypad controllers and the direct lean off club to me. Direct lean off feels great now. Only thing I notice is a sort of "slow zone" in steering at the top of the thumbstick's travel when changing direction from left to right..but I guess you have that effect in real life.

So happy'ish bunny here really but the front wheel oscillation does need attention I think.

grT (new member of the direct lean off club)  ;)

Welcome to the Direct Lean Off club. ;)

Next you can join the DST club... Which is more just one guy (me) sitting alone. lol ;)

girlracerTracey

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 24, 2014, 08:12:50 AM

Youngsters ... so volatile ... pad, no wheel; no direct lean, yes direct lean, no direct lean; pink, no salmon pink, no candy pink ... :)

MaX.

LOL. You cheeky thing you!  ;)

janaucarre

hello,
i note a little strange thing:
When i'm downshifting during rear braking(softly or hardly) the motor makes the same noise as a good downshifting but the gear does'nt go down, not ever but often.
Fresh report now:
I loose the front easier than on beta5, before that i can see when the front goes away, now no more.
The bike is harder to put in the right line.
The brakes were better in beta5.
I have lost about 20-30 fps(nothing has been changed in my pc), and the ping is higher than the beta5.
In beta 5 we made around 1hour, 4-5 riders, now in 3 laps i have had 4core.exe:(
I have tested the 1000 at misano, r b ring, magny-cours. This last is quite unridable in some parts because the bike begins to make big weaves between 15 degrees and -15 degrees.
We have had this problem with older beta but not so much.

It's a real pleasure to upshift at full angle in the output of the turns:)

Abigor

I don't know if everybody is testing on hard tires ?.......but on soft and quali well......TITANIC

janaucarre

i never use other tyres than soft and quali and wet.