• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:21:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: Warlock on June 24, 2014, 03:28:16 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on June 24, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
It does. Without good feeling in the brakes it's impossible to brake late. I was extremely good on the brakes in Beta 2, feeling changed in Beta 3 & 4 and i never felt confident with it and never was able to brake like i used to. Now that feeling is back and i can brake exactly how i want and i have alot more confidence in the bike...

Im comparing beta5 with beta5b , and i think beta5 was better

I wasn't replying to you noob   :P

Warlock

lol !   ;D    ok ,  got it  ;D

Daniel_F

ofc u can break later if u increase the power of the brakes that doenst mean u improved ur feeling with it

Vini

Yes, when I ride onboard I usually just brake 'blindely' if that makes sense because it is a lot harder to judge when to release pressure.
I only have this onboard footage from beta4b but even though it's a lot harder (turn 1 and hairpin) it's still possible to brake very hard and even lift the rear (turn 1):
http://www.youtube.com/v/2X7tOmnn2gc

Here are two hard braking maneuvers performed in beta5b (lowside save and the 292 km/h Jerez brake).
http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYaChWns6xY

JamoZ

Quote from: Daniel_F on June 24, 2014, 03:50:53 PM
ofc u can break later if u increase the power of the brakes that doenst mean u improved ur feeling with it

It did for me, i got my feeling back with this beta. More bite over the whole line of braking ;)

girlracerTracey

Okay..I admit it. I love it. On the strict caveat that somehow the front wheel oscillations are sorted out.. Braking is better. With a joypad and direct lean off it responds beautifully and turns in like it should do. Back end is much better in terms of encouraging a rear wheel slide.

Many more laps and I can fully see the potential now. My steering wheel and pedals are going back into their box in the cupboard.

PiBoSo and team..big hug and a thank you!

grT  :)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 24, 2014, 08:25:43 PM
Okay..I admit it. I love it. On the strict caveat that somehow the front wheel oscillations are sorted out.. Braking is better. With a joypad and direct lean off it responds beautifully and turns in like it should do. Back end is much better in terms of encouraging a rear wheel slide.

Many more laps and I can fully see the potential now. My steering wheel and pedals are going back into their box in the cupboard.

Nice to hear that Tracey!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

Yep, back end feel is fantastic.
With soft or qualy tyres on Jerez you can slide the rear wheel very well.

Ian

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 24, 2014, 08:25:43 PM

Yes I got you back from the dark side  ;D

girlracerTracey

Thanks Ian. You saved me a further dose of frustration and consternation in finding the path to enlightenment..

I owe you one. If I knew you I would bake you a cake and make you a home made curry to say thanks..  ;)

grT

P.S. the individuals who have been hospitalised by my cooking you could count on only one hand..others have spent just a few days in bed recovering.

JamoZ

June 24, 2014, 10:22:44 PM #130 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:30:01 PM by JamoZ
Core.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exeCore.exe

*edit, a Beta 5c version would be nice to have to fix the front wheel issue, god knows i`m not going to ride another 6 months till the next beta arrives with a front wheel that lives it`s own life. I can live with every other issue we have so far, yes...even the damned core.exe`s , as i have been living with those for the past 3 years so what else is new...

/rant

Daniel_F

yes thats the main goal right now for sure

valentinik46

i didn't mind the woobles until i test the new m1 (wich is amazing) at assen,i like the new physics but if those woobles were a litle smaller and not escalate so much and so fast and so often, and if they needed less effort to calm down and very agressive throttle to activate them,instead of beeing smooth and they still happen,would be nice,this  at assen was very obvious, at other tracks i didn't mind so much,but i only try it in victoria,and paul richards for many laps,maybe i have to make the inputs softer setting dont know :-\

Warlock

June 25, 2014, 01:19:26 AM #133 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:29:18 AM by Warlock
Please Piboso i cannot live with this in our favourite tracks:

View in HD for a better wobbling experience  :P
https://www.youtube.com/v/qL-JKtyb1To

Everything else is great in this beta, the feeling is so good, i can get used to the new brakes feeling, even that too much wheeling,
im already used to core.exe crashes and low speed corners issues, but those wobbles are ruining my joy with this sim.

* Video is hidden from public in Youtube, not my intention to promote bad things

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on June 24, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

*edit, a Beta 5c version would be nice to have to fix the front wheel issue, god knows i`m not going to ride another 6 months till the next beta arrives with a front wheel that lives it`s own life. I can live with every other issue we have so far, yes...even the damned core.exe`s , as i have been living with those for the past 3 years so what else is new...

/rant

Not had one core.exe yet, but +1 on your comment regarding a quick fix(a beta 5c release) for the unstable front wheel problem; this is a big issue that desperately needs sorting out fast! ;)

Hawk.