• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 09:00:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 25, 2014, 02:03:25 AM
Quote from: JamoZ on June 24, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

*edit, a Beta 5c version would be nice to have to fix the front wheel issue, god knows i`m not going to ride another 6 months till the next beta arrives with a front wheel that lives it`s own life. I can live with every other issue we have so far, yes...even the damned core.exe`s , as i have been living with those for the past 3 years so what else is new...

/rant

Not had one core.exe yet, but +1 on your comment regarding a quick fix(a beta 5c release) for the unstable front wheel problem; this is a big issue that desperately needs sorting out fast! ;)

Hawk.

And the return of the correct helmet view! (I know I seem to be the only this is bugging...)

Klax75

I just noticed when you pick the server you want in the game it gives you the useful info how long each session is. But it doesn't say what the weather is. You can look at the list and see a S for sunny. But maybe add it to the bottom also.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2014, 02:21:33 AM
And the return of the correct helmet view! (I know I seem to be the only this is bugging...)
what do you mean by "correct" helmet view?

Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2014, 04:03:05 AM
I just noticed when you pick the server you want in the game it gives you the useful info how long each session is. But it doesn't say what the weather is. You can look at the list and see a S for sunny. But maybe add it to the bottom also.
Good idea. But weather cannot be be categorized so easily. How about ...e.g. 21°/35°/0% (air temp/asphalt temp/rain percentage)?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Warlock on June 25, 2014, 01:19:26 AM
Please Piboso i cannot live with this in our favourite tracks:

View in HD for a better wobbling experience  :P
https://www.youtube.com/v/qL-JKtyb1To

Everything else is great in this beta, the feeling is so good, i can get used to the new brakes feeling, even that too much wheeling,
im already used to core.exe crashes and low speed corners issues, but those wobbles are ruining my joy with this sim.

* Video is hidden from public in Youtube, not my intention to promote bad things

Lol it looks like your suspension is too soft.. I know thats not the case in game.

My R6 actually does that.. Im still using standard rear shock.. Its not stiff enough..

So yeah its anoying in game but at least it looks realistic. Lol

Surely it can be dialed out?? Was that using quali/soft tyres?

Too much grip maybe for your suspension settings?

Im just thinking aloud..

Abigor

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on June 24, 2014, 12:33:19 PM
Quote from: Abigor on June 24, 2014, 09:26:21 AM
I don't know if everybody is testing on hard tires ?.......but on soft and quali well......TITANIC

What do you mean?

1. Do you mean a shit film
2. Sinking shit
3. Boobies?
I mean a really bad beta......front wheal jums like motocross in slow corners.......bike wheelis and wobbles like in a Hollywood movie......TITANIC means catastrophe.

C21

June 25, 2014, 07:27:33 AM #140 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:44:13 AM by C21
QuoteQuote from: Harrytmj66 on June 24, 2014, 01:33:19 PM

Quote from: Abigor on June 24, 2014, 10:26:21 AM

I don't know if everybody is testing on hard tires ?.......but on soft and quali well......TITANIC

What do you mean?

1. Do you mean a shit film
    2. Sinking shit
    3. Boobies?

I mean a really bad beta......front wheal jums like motocross in slow corners.......bike wheelis and wobbles like in a Hollywood movie......TITANIC means catastrophe.

I only test on hard tires  ;)
Won´t say new B5b is TITANIC....
IT is indeed very different to the B4b we ride a long time and get familiar with.
Remember: Before B4b there were no Mod bikes and not that much activity. Since B4b we were flooded with mod bikes, got race events,.....

In my opinion (but only did 10 laps with the 125cc on B5b and 6 laps on B5) the whobble is still too much , i would decrease it 50% more to see how it behaves than.
If this issue is decreased the ride will be more realistic....right now it is still way to much whobble even with the 125cc!
The brake simulation is perfect for me, very very good and a big advantage over B4b!! (i can brake later and harder and into the corner with the 125cc as in real life and i´ve got a much better feeling of what he brake is doing)
Bike handling is improved and feels better as in previous Beta´s, the 125cc is no as light to throw into the corners and into chicanes as his real life companion.
Turning into corners is way better.
But other things are worse than in B4b and making the game a bit frustrating at the moment.

For a Beta5C i would suggest to step back to B4b ADD the brake simulation and increased bike handling (turn in) of B5b and a 50% decreased whobble "feature" of B5b OR remove the whobble "feature" completly and rethink and rework this feature for Beta6. (No offence against you Piboso, but as most of the guys and girl tell the whobble is way too exagerated, so a rethink will be necessary imho. Sometimes small steps/improvements are better than large ones resulting in a complete different feeling of the bike especially if the feel of the bike was really good in B4b ;) ).
I think this combination would be a good step forward compared to B4b bringing more "realism" in the race bike sim.
jm2ct.  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Has anyone else noticed a marked improvement with the uphill and downhill handling in GPB? I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sure there is a big improvement in this area?

Hawk.

Alibaskins

Yes it's true. On french forum we have tested different tracks and it's not perfect but it's much better

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

Hawk

Just been testing again on the 500cc bike..... I still think the radius calculation for the 500cc 2 stroke bike is too much? There just seems to be such a big difference between upright to leaned over to upright again, especially on uphill sections of track I'm having to step down two gears to compensate for the lower revs when pulling the bike upright from the higher revs of being leant over... This cannot be right for sure?

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Alibaskins on June 25, 2014, 08:48:53 AM
Yes it's true. On french forum we have tested different tracks and it's not perfect but it's much better

Thanks for that Ali..... I was beginning to think it was just me imagining this. Lol.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

It's probably better to align the naming of the various things, so that we can understand each other.

Low speed + high lean angle, front wheel shaking left/right like mad = wobble (or low speed wobble, or shatter or shimmy). I'd stick to wobble.

High speed exiting the corner (or sometimes even on a straight), front wheel shaking left right, rear wheel moving left right too = weave.

What is bothering you people more between the two ? The low speed wobble or the high speed weave ?
In the (too) short testing I've done, the weave was by far the more annoying.

@C21: I doubt you could work on features individually (e.g. take beta4b and add bike handling of beta5b). Same for "dial back the wobble (or weave) by 50%". All these things are dependent. Unless you were talking in terms of objectives.

MaX

Alby46

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 25, 2014, 08:51:29 AM
Just been testing again on the 500cc bike..... I still think the radius calculation for the 500cc 2 stroke bike is too much? There just seems to be such a big difference between upright to leaned over to upright again, especially on uphill sections of track I'm having to step down two gears to compensate for the lower revs when pulling the bike upright from the higher revs of being leant over... This cannot be right for sure?

Hawk.
don't know if this can help https://www.youtube.com/v/XlHBn6bOa0k
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Hawk

June 25, 2014, 09:28:48 AM #147 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:33:33 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Alby46 on June 25, 2014, 09:02:55 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 25, 2014, 08:51:29 AM

Hawk.
don't know if this can help https://www.youtube.com/v/XlHBn6bOa0k

Hi Alby.

Yes, thank you, that helps a lot to confirm what I'm saying.

In the video you can clearly hear the differences in the RPM as the bike is leaning left/right and upright through the corners and exiting onto the straights. Just what I'd expect.
The 500 in GPB is definitely giving a bigger difference in RPM range change than that video you've posted here, and it stands out very much on a track that has height changes, especially when your still on an uphill inclination as you flip the bike over from left to right to line up for the apex of the next corner; it really is as though someone has stepped on the rear brakes and I have to step it down one or two gears to compensate.

I'll try to sort out a replay file to demonstrate(Not good at recording vids.  :P ;D).

Thanks for that Alby! ;)

Hawk

EDIT: Just thought of a good description for the feeling. It's exactly like really heavy engine braking on a four stroke bike, that does not happen on a 2 stroke engine(well practically negligible).

C21

June 25, 2014, 09:33:02 AM #148 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:38:32 AM by C21
Quote@C21: I doubt you could work on features individually (e.g. take beta4b and add bike handling of beta5b). Same for "dial back the wobble (or weave) by 50%". All these things are dependent. Unless you were talking in terms of objectives.
@Max.
For sure i don´t know if there could be worked on individually.
Using your terms i have to correct my statement. The whobble i was talking about is now the weave effect  :)
I don´t have so much whobble issues with the 125cc. In the replay i can see that the steering does slightly whobble a lot more than on B4b but don´t have that much crash issues.

The weave is really annoying because it´s (speaking of the 125cc) not realistic!
Witch every 125cc GP bike you can enter Victorias Start/Finish FULL Throttle in real life. This is now not possible anymore with B5b.
Ok, i don´t had the time to test different bike settings but even if i use the standard setting the weave should not happen in that exaggerated manner.
Only my point of view.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

janaucarre

please, yes please, stop talking about front end issues, i'm sure piboso know this problem because it is from alpha7, in my memory.
The rpm changes at full angle only depends of the tyres radius, if the 500 had the same tyre as the norton commando, we quasi can't hear the difference but it's not the case. If you want less rpm changes, take less angle or build new thin tyres.