• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 05:51:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, September 30, 2016, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

September 30, 2016, 10:41:45 PM #15 Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:48:16 PM by doubledragoncc
Mirror for download of beta9 no limits:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7aldx5roi05cutr/gpbikes-beta9.exe

DD

EDIT: Can you please ask me if I have a date with a hot chick before you release the next update??? Thanks

Apart from timing THANK YOU so much P
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Bug Fix to the rear suspension:
@Piboso: Just so we're all clear about this - I know you said the old beta 8 bikes will work on beta 9, but are there any changes to the rear suspension beta 8 bikes that would need to be adjusted for the beta 9 rear suspension bug fix to work properly? Or do the current beta 8 bike rear suspension settings work correctly as they should in beta 9 without any adjustments needed?

Hawk.

JamoZ

Is it me or is the xinput plugin not working anymore? it`s in the correct folder but i can`t use independant triggers...kind of a big deal as i manually blip the throttle during downshifts...

iVolution

Quote from: Alone on September 30, 2016, 08:52:18 PM
From a fast test, the impression is that is far better than lasts betas. The suspensions seems to work better on bumps, feels softer. Also the problems with up/down hill seems fixed! Great to have a more realistic reposition after a fall (some tracks must to be tweaking :) ) Is nice to have 2 rider styles, and the POV is diferent on each one.
Thank you, looks like a big step. Now multiplayer?  :)
I totally agree, did a first few laps with the murasama, bike feels more confident through corners and havent had any weird physics bugs on Victoria yet. Like the rider reset off track but it should always be reset in the direction of the track facing in the right direction. Resetting the bike in the direction that if stopped moving could spell drama in races where you would have to turn on track with possible riders incomming.

So as far as i am concerned (and can judge by a few laps) the physics seem greatly improved, fixing multiplayer should be next (and only) thing on your checklist before a version 1

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Reactive

Are you sure the "brand new reset" working correct? I had tested it on Victoria with Murasama and... on one hand i understand how big was the work with new beta, but on another hand its outside of my common sense.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

MultiCOOLFRESH

I need some help,

with the new beta my screen resolution is fucked. It is so high, that I can not go to the graphics section in the settings. I tried to change the resolution in the profile section in my documents, but everything it says is: [info]
name=Multicoolfresh
race_number=46

[guide]
profiles=1
settings=0

[misc]
showfps=0

[ui]
home_cameraanglex=-30.000000
home_cameraangley=5.000000
home_cameradistance=3.000000
home_camerashiftx=-0.450000
home_camerashifty=0.000000
home_camera2anglex=-45.000000
home_camera2angley=5.000000
home_camera2distance=3.700000
home_camera2shiftx=0.000000
home_camera2shifty=0.000000

Can someone help me? :-\
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Toomes1

As always people might tend to disagree but I for one thank you Piboso for the lovely update you've given us. Defiantly a step up from previous.

Stout Johnson

October 01, 2016, 09:14:09 AM #23 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:20:48 AM by Stout Johnson
+1 Toomes.

Quick thoughts from 1hr of testing this morning.

pros:
+ wheel alignment, suspension simulation much improved. from my impression it is not perfect, but much better
+ overall suspension behaviour seems to be improved
+ lovely rider animations
+ very good new reset function imo
+ bike behaviour in dirt, sand much improved

cons:
- too much grip on tarmac (without TC rear wheel only spins in extreme lean and even then very predictive; front wheel also has too much grip, when braking hard and abruptly mostly the rear comes up, whereas the front should fade even in small lean angles when all brake power is applied abruptly, before weight is transferred to front, during lean; the front only fades in high lean angles)

Generally some nice improvements. But with those super-gripping tyres it feels very arcade-ish. If you can get the grip right and allow for the right amount of wheel spin like irl, GPB would be almost perfect physics-wise.

Edit: xinput plugin really does not seem to work anymore
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PeterV

@Piboso

What is changed on the server side? how does replay work now?
fix: dedicated server replay save split by session

Also saw the fixed rider setup under [settings] (previously [Hardcore] )
that is a nice option too have , thank you.

Anything else server admins need to know or can do in Beta 9?

PiBoSo

Quote from: PeterV on October 01, 2016, 09:25:01 AM
@Piboso

What is changed on the server side? how does replay work now?
fix: dedicated server replay save split by session

Also saw the fixed rider setup under [settings] (previously [Hardcore] )
that is a nice option too have , thank you.

Anything else server admins need to know or can do in Beta 9?

The "hardcore" section hasn't been changed, and there is no fixed setup option in GP Bikes. It doesn't make much sense for motorcycles.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PeterV

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on September 30, 2016, 11:29:25 PM
Bug Fix to the rear suspension:
@Piboso: Just so we're all clear about this - I know you said the old beta 8 bikes will work on beta 9, but are there any changes to the rear suspension beta 8 bikes that would need to be adjusted for the beta 9 rear suspension bug fix to work properly? Or do the current beta 8 bike rear suspension settings work correctly as they should in beta 9 without any adjustments needed?

Hawk.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3769.0
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Thanks Piboso, really appreciated.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Update: Did my first testing on Victoria. Now I did some laps on Aragon and I have to say Congrutalions Piboso!!! It is really a huge step into the right direction phyics-wise. The improvements in the rear suspension simulation are huge. In general one can now ride the lines like in real life, because under load the bike now has the tendency to get the front towards the inside (towards oversteer). I think this will be great for MXB too.

In corners with slope there is however still some weird suspension/wheel alignment behaviour noticeable and the bike also understeers noticeably.

@Piboso: Can you please elaborate on what you standpoint on the grip level in GPB is (Davide and myself already gave feedback on the seemingly to much grip). Do you acknowledge it being to high? It would be interesting and possibly fruitful to engage in a conversation on that from a physics stand-point. I think if you can nail this, you could really make the physics almost perfect and allow for realistic power slides and trail braking. Realistic sliding and wheel spin behaviour are also especially important for MXB, so I think this would be important across those 2 sims.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------