• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bike cooling water temperature

Started by h106frp, December 07, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Noticed with the default 125cc bike that they are always very low <60 C, is this normal or a bug? I expected them to be around 100C

matty0l215

For a 125 60° seems okay. I can't imagine them giving off thr same amount of heat as a 600cc^.

I might be wrong.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Bit low at first sight, but it's true that it's only a 125 (and it's running fast, meaning plenty of fresh air).
You can check the head temperature too.

MaX.

h106frp

Thanks for the input, i will try some other bikes and see what happens, should of thought of that first ::). Took a bit of effort to simulate the temp sensor using a MOSFET as a variable resistor so it would be nice to have the meter read sensibly, the RVF temp gauge seems to be ranged for about 70 to 120 C so <60 is against the lower stop. Maybe use the temperature warning value to scale the output of the microprocessor.

So far RPM, shift-light, and gear indication working with temp a bit wonky at the moment ;D Its quite cool using the helmet cam view and the instrument cluster in front of the monitor 8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on December 07, 2014, 05:47:56 PM
Thanks for the input, i will try some other bikes and see what happens, should of thought of that first ::). Took a bit of effort to simulate the temp sensor using a MOSFET as a variable resistor so it would be nice to have the meter read sensibly, the RVF temp gauge seems to be ranged for about 70 to 120 C so <60 is against the lower stop. Maybe use the temperature warning value to scale the output of the microprocessor.

So far RPM, shift-light, and gear indication working with temp a bit wonky at the moment ;D Its quite cool using the helmet cam view and the instrument cluster in front of the monitor 8)
In your code you can always check: if the GPB temp is below 70, you can force it to 70. issue solved.

MaX.

EdouardB

December 15, 2014, 10:24:20 AM #5 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:25:53 AM by EdouardB
To be honest below 60 on a 125 is just fine.

In real life on the TZ250 the temperature is anywhere between 45 and 55/60°C depending on the weather. I checked with my mechanic (who worked in GP) after I ran at 45°C with very cold weather and he told me it was a bit low so we put some tape on the radiator to raise it to 50 :P

Anywhere above 50°C on a racing 2-stroke, you start losing power progressively (and above 80° it's really terrible).

On a road 2 stroke (TZR, RD/RZ, etc...) it's ok to run warmer.