• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:20:58 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track width

Started by janaucarre, May 05, 2014, 01:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hello, i have finally found why some of the tracks we have look closer than the real track.
The original creators use one type of width for all the track, so if you mesure the width in google earth or map you will find that every parts of a track are not the same width, and if you mesure a builded track, most if the have the same width everywhere, that´s why victoria looks very good, the creator has made it as real as possible.

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on May 05, 2014, 01:18:47 PM
Hello, i have finally found why some of the tracks we have look closer than the real track.
The original creators use one type of width for all the track, so if you mesure the width in google earth or map you will find that every parts of a track are not the same width, and if you mesure a builded track, most if the have the same width everywhere, that´s why victoria looks very good, the creator has made it as real as possible.

I totally agree with your findings Janu.

I guess a track builder gets the results to the amount of effort and work they put into building the track; not only building the track, but more importantly to study and plan what needs to be done to create a good finish and accurate result.

Stout Johnson

great findings Janau! For some created tracks I always had the feeling that at least parts of the track were too narrow, and your explanation for this does make perfect sense. I hope that your findings will be considered by other tracks builders, especially since I assume that re-scaling of a finished track is a pain in the neck, as all the objects on track would have to be re-scaled as well?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

janaucarre

For a better rendering i think we need to mesure the smallest width of the track on google earth or google map(i prefer this because you see the track vertically with less deformation than google earth), and take this as the reference for the modelled track, this action makes the track longer in many cases.

LauZzZn

Why dont use the most narrow part as normal and make it wider where its wider ? ;) this is how i do it :D