• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:30:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Working with Shaders on Track Mods.....

Started by Hawk, March 04, 2016, 04:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

March 04, 2016, 04:43:20 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:46:12 PM by Hawk
Okay, I'm trying to get my head around the shader text file process when creating track mods.

What I've done is taken this text code(below) from Piboso's Track creation rules WIKI:

bump
{
map = Road_Dark-Tarmac 2048x2048_NRM.bmp
}
specular
{       
shininess = 6
}

I created a text file from the above code and named the text file: "Road_Dark-Tarmac 2048x2048_NRM.SHD" and placed that into my "sourceimages" texture folder in Maya before then exporting to an FBX format ready to use the FBX2EDF exporter to export into GPB .map and .trp files for a GPB track I'm doing.

Edit: Do I also have to apply the Normal Map in Maya too, or is the text file enough on it's own?

What I want to know is: Am I doing this correctly? If not then can someone point me in the right direction please. Thank you.  ;D

Hawk.

h106frp

Rules i have found so far (with bikes)   :)

.shd file should have the same base name as the texture mapped onto the surface, did not need to map the normals in 3d app

.shd file should then reference the normal map image thats the same size as the original texture, if you want specular its the alpha channel of the normal  map RGBa

all the files should be in the same directory as they were when you applied the texture in the 3d app.

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on March 04, 2016, 05:14:39 PM
Rules i have found so far (with bikes)   :)

.shd file should have the same base name as the texture mapped onto the surface, did not need to map the normals in 3d app

.shd file should then reference the normal map image thats the same size as the original texture, if you want specular its the alpha channel of the normal  map RGBa

all the files should be in the same directory as they were when you applied the texture in the 3d app.

Brilliant! Thank you H. I thought I'd understood from the WIKI but wasn't 100% sure, but you've just confirmed that I'm doing the right procedure.  ;) 8)

Thanks for the quick reply... Appreciated!  ;D 8)

Hawk.