• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 05:33:59 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Help with Beta 8

Started by John545, April 11, 2016, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John545

Hi Guys.
I've recently been playing gpbikes, but after downloading beta 8 Im having some issues.
Whilst in game the escape button no longer brings up the menu for some reason so the only way for me to get out the game is to ctrl alt delete and bring up task manager.
This gets really annoying if i want to change bikes or track and i have to close the game and restart it.
Im using an xbox one controller to play if that helps, and im using the motogp 2015 bike mod.

Also, when i set my controller settings to how i like it, they dont save. They work up until i close the game. When i restart it they have gone back to the old settings and its really frustrating having to change the settings every single time.
This could be to do with how im closing the game, i dont know.

And the game crashes a lot. Ill be riding around and suddenly ill see the camera
go underneath the map, and the game crashes and i lose my lap times. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
John

doubledragoncc

April 11, 2016, 02:41:15 PM #1 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:43:36 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi John and welcome.

This is a WINDOWS update bug for the xbox controller. There is a thread on it here. I will go find it for you.

BRB

DD

Here you go try this thread:  http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3192.0
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

April 11, 2016, 02:44:39 PM #2 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:49:10 PM by Hawk
Hi John.

We've heard of this problem before..... Are you running on "Windows 10"?
If I remember rightly the problem of having to use CNTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of game happened with a Windows 10 Update... I couldn't tell you which one it was, maybe one of the other guys here can provide a solution for your problem.  ;)

"Core.exe" crashes as we call them are an ongoing issue...... How often they happen seems to be totally random with different users..... For me personally I don't get many crashes, other riders get many system crashes for some reason.

There is a list of controllers in the the settings on a drop down menu..... If your controller is on that list then you shouldn't have a problem with your controller settings disappearing. If your controller is not on the drop-down menu list then like myself you will have to reset your controller calibration setting each time you enter the game... Piboso, can we have a hot-fix for this problem because it is SO annoying. ;)

What track are you using when the camera goes underneath the track? That will produce a GPB crash but it shouldn't happen and indicates a hole in the track somewhere.

Hawk.
PS:Looks like DD is already on it and sorting a solution for you John......  Thanks DD Nice one mate! ;D

Napalm Nick

Hi John, welcome

are you running Windows 10 ?

if so its a common problem check out this thread http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3192.msg50680#msg50680 and especially the last post where Klax fixed it.

Let us know how you get on mate.  ;)

Edit: Man! all you lovely forum dudes beat me too it !
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

John545

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!   :D
So after reading that thread, am I right that the only way to fix it is to remove the windows 10 update? Im not even sure how to do that...
As with the weird camera crashing, ill look out in future for specifically where / when its happening to give more details.

Napalm Nick

Unless they have patched it yeh probably.

Not sure how to do this in W10 (I stuck with W8 to let others find all the problems first  ;D)

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3014600/microsoft-windows/how-to-handle-windows-10-updates.html

Read the bit from the heading "View your update history and uninstall updates" maybe that will help
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

John545

Thanks! I uninstalled the last windows update, and turned automatic updates off, and now its working perfectly!  ;D

Napalm Nick

Excellent!

But...beware of leaving updates off, they are often important security fixes.

Well done mate  ;)

John545

Do you know if there is a way to just disable a certain update without turning updates off?

Napalm Nick

The only way I know is to force a windows update check to happen and then in the list of updates available  'hide' the updates you don't want.  :-\

John545

Ok, ill look into that.
About the crashes, its just happened now at mugello, on the straight.
I started to brake, and the camera suddenly went below the track, and the game crashed.
Here is the message that came up

Hawk

Quote from: John545 on April 11, 2016, 06:56:28 PM
Ok, ill look into that.
About the crashes, its just happened now at mugello, on the straight.
I started to brake, and the camera suddenly went below the track, and the game crashed.
Here is the message that came up

I've personally never had that happen to me on Mugello or any other track before..... Which bike(beta 8 ) are you using when this happens? It could be a bikeMOD problem.  :-\

Hawk.

John545

I was using the ducati gp15, from the motogp mod. The games crashing a lot, and it makes it unplayable, knowing that it could crash at any point whilst on a good lap. I'm not sure if this is just a bug in the game, or something I'm doing wrong.

BOBR6 84

with the motogp mod bikes iv'e had some real bizarre crashes.. with the camera shooting below the ground or up in the sky.. then freeze - crash.

h106frp

It could be marginal values with the new suspension models, i have managed to create some really strange results in game trying to use them (they 'compile' in bikeED OK though), bouncy bike, dieing fly etc

Currently using classic which is much easier to configure.