• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:55 PM

Ducati 916 rework WIP

Started by h106frp, April 06, 2020, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

April 06, 2020, 02:26:34 PM Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:38:19 PM by h106frp Reason: updated
WIP 1 - was going to be a quick update, but......

Started update to b18 spec;
Update slipper clutch parameters to b18 - adjustable in garage
Update to modelled inertia, CoG adjustments = livelier handling
Chassis Stiffness reduced and damping adjusted to suit
New seat unit geometry, exhaust geometry adjusted to suit
Fixed some geometry shader issues
Updated to full rocker/linkage rear suspension physics model
Fixed tyre to track clearances
New single livery texture for all bodywork for simple paint creation
Added custom ambient shadow models for chassis and tyres
Updated stand textures and added ambient shadow model
New OEM grip models and textures with throttle animation
Fixed some wet weather tyre file bugs

Updated b17.2 16/05/2020
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i44oseKXZ577lBBumTvzIjKkKtdrvsmS/view?usp=sharing

All support files are in the zip - stand, third person dash and tyres. Copy to respective folders. Some old paints are still included but have not been updated.

b17.1
New sounds - OK but not great
Animated cables
Animated steering damper
Animated rear suspension
New textures and shaders
Updated tyres
Updated physics
Updated slipper clutch
Added third person dash

b17.2
Updated some tyre graphics
Updated shift timings
Engine sounds tweaked a bit
Updated GEOM, VR PID and chassis vaslues to smooth bike handling
More work on updated textures and shaders
New rear suspension model, textures and animation

doubledragoncc

At last........thank you H

Cant wait to ride her again.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

doubledragoncc

Will you be doing the 933 and Strada again too...........

You ride the old version Mystic? Oh btw why cant we comment on S1000 got some good feedback to pass you.......

Sorry H

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 06, 2020, 08:11:27 PMWill you be doing the 933 and Strada again too...........

You ride the old version Mystic? Oh btw why cant we comment on S1000 got some good feedback to pass you.......

Sorry H

DD

Rode the old Duc a lot, which is surprising considering I prefer race bikes, and this has... LIGHTS :o

as for the HP4 Race, (Not quite an s1000 as there are a tonne of differences in geometry and handling) bob some in my discord or pm me ont forums :)

doubledragoncc

WE had brake lights working on road bikes years ago in GPB lol

DD

Myst1cPrun3

the lights part was more refferring to the fact I prefer race bikes and this one isnt a race bike and yet i like it

Hawk

Beautiful!! Class work H..... Stunning!  ;D  8)

h106frp

@DD Not sure how I will get on doing all the bikes, its a very old (and first I tried) model and all the texture files have got jumbled up over time - I try to be a bit more organised these days. It is nice to finally fix the animation issues and the sound is probably the best I have managed for this bike. Still some work to do on the tyres, bit of VR tuning and establish decent suspension values it should be good to go.

doubledragoncc

Well H all I can say is I have never had a better feeling with a sim bike than with your Dukes......

Look forward to trying her out

Thanks for the hard work m8

DD

h106frp

release b17.1 for testing and feedback, link in first post.

VSMaster

Always on the edge

VSMaster

Ok, so I tried the bike on Aseen05, here are my first impressions:

Overall is very good, accurate engine power, model is very good, sound not bad; I feel the bike a bit too light, it's fast when changing directions; the steer shakes too much even in slow turns and when exiting from slow corners; I feel also it's a bit too slow when shifting up, idk if it's accurate, just my opinion, not really an issue
Always on the edge

h106frp

Thanks for the feedback.
It is fairly easy to add a bit of weight and I must admit I did not notice the shaking but I will give it a review along with the shift time.

VSMaster

So I tried the bike at Victoria this time. I made just few laps and my best was a 1'38:735 SO FAR. I think I can make a 1'37:5 after a bit
And I noticed I have to wait much time to shift down. Most of the times I had to wait until i get to the middle of the corner.
Always on the edge