• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

If I recall correctly, you can't plug a non-XBox-compatible (certified) device into an xbox (but you can plug an xbox compatible device into a pc).
If you check on Thrustmaster site, they have a GPX XID pad that is PC only (no xbox), while the other GPX pads (GPX, GPX lightback and GPX Ferrari) are both PC and XBox.
Of course the XID (pc only) is cheaper by 5GBP (20 vs 25 for the same pad for pc+xbox).

I know this because I stumbled on this a while ago: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/17/infineon_tpm_crack/

h106frp

Looks like using a certified controller as a hardware donor is the only way then.  >:(

Another reason to avoid the consoles  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on April 20, 2016, 02:36:34 PM
Looks like using a certified controller as a hardware donor is the only way then.  >:(
But potentially you could run into legal troubles doing so ...

doubledragoncc

Holy crap........................

I actually prefer to use a legal controller. If I do and it is purchased it can be used as you want, If I then add wires to it, I am still using a legal item.

What about Scuff or woteva grT uses, they are modded game pads and openly marketed with NO problems.

I need donors lol and a doner lol thinking of food sorry.

There are aftermarket pads too.

The reason it is important is the MASSIVE amount of console gamers that are very serious about gaming too.

It would feel wrong to jump on the "PC is best, fuck consoles" band wagon as I think in time, consoles will get real sims too.

Thanks for the input Max n H. You guys have been a great help today.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, here is today's update.

I wired up the foot controls and tested them in Windows Controller Properties and all is Hunky Dorey. Naturally as I am only using the cheaper version of the BU0836 USB control board (sorry Darin), it only has 12 digital inputs. I wire the system so that all 12 buttons on the handlebars can be used plus the gearshift on the foot controls. This means I need 14 inputs so I double connect the right vertical bar switch and the gearshift input connector to the same inputs. This means when you use the system without foot controls you have 12 buttons and when you use the foot controls you still only have 12 buttons but the numbers 2 and 3 inputs are doubled. This makes it better for situations like going over to a friends and not wanting to have to take the foot controls too possible with out loss of 2 buttons.

I will be doing a test ride later. Need a coffee break lol. Here are a few pics of the foot controls with the system and each unit. This is before painting, adding end caps and final assembly.

The rear brake unit.

The gearshift unit.

Well I'm off for a coffee and some grub. Have a good evening folks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Meyer#12

ME LIKEY!!! Now i really need to come steal it!  ;)
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Thanks bro. Looks much better painted and with new hardware.

Hoping to get a sale to Singapore tonight then can make it all pretty lol.

Wish I could powder coat it but its £60 to get done as one off. They will give me a great price per part but their minimum is £60 which is £45 over what it costs!!!

Gonna wait for Manu's 1.2 update for the test ride.

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 20, 2016, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 20, 2016, 01:47:11 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 20, 2016, 01:30:50 PM
Good find. Problem is with my electronic knowledge=0 I need 3 pin input only!!! I do not want to have to add additional electronics to use a hall sensor. The BU0836 needs direct connect only. The sensor in the video and links has 4 connectors???
The 4th pin is unneeded (test stuff), you can use it as a 3pin.
But that new sensor is a bit more complex than the old one (because it can do much more), so if you're not comfortable with electronics and similar stuff, it may be a no-go for your purpose.
You'll have to program it to get full benefit of its features. Might be tricky for you.
I might be old but I can still learn lol.
Just found that: https://www.micronas.com/en/micronas-presents-new-affordable-usb-kit
May help you with the programming, in case :) It doesn't seem too expensive (125$, for the USB thingy, plus 40$ for the board).

They also have kits with the usb programmer, the test boards, 4 sensors (3d analog, 3d PWN, linear analog, linear PWM) , a few magnets: http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=56702 but as likely you have no use for PWM sensors ...

Hawk

Just had an idea DD...... You know we were talking about getting a nice progressive feel for the brakes and clutch lever pressures? Well how about placing industrial strength magnets in positions were they will appose each other as you pull on the Clutch and brake levers? This will give a great sense of having to apply greater pressure when pulling the levers in.... Any good to you?  ;) ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on April 21, 2016, 02:56:21 PM
Just had an idea DD...... You know we were talking about getting a nice progressive feel for the brakes and clutch lever pressures? Well how about placing industrial strength magnets in positions were they will appose each other as you pull on the Clutch and brake levers? This will give a great sense of having to apply greater pressure when pulling the levers in.... Any good to you?  ;) ;D
Won't work: the levers have huge leverage. Anyway the feeling would'n't be any better than what you have with a spring.

Nice feeling for brakes = load cell.

Clutch is no issue: on real bikes it's a spring too (unless it's hydraulic).

h106frp

Had a try with the 12.5mm dia force sensing resistors and an op-amp to linearise the output. Works very well with the sensor pressed by a brass piston below the actuating lever. It has a spring pre-load on the lever to allow a bit of adjustable dead zone on the lever travel before it becomes fully force sensing and small enough to work alongside my paddle shift on the GPX pad.

On hold till i finish some other stuff  ;)

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the input guys.

All ideas are great, problem is COST. If you want real life feeling it has to be with a hydraulic unit, which I have new for brakes and clutch. Most modern bikes have Hydraulic clutch. I have a transducer to test but need hose and want to try other fluids as shipping with brake fluid is a BIG NONO!!!

My system now is as I think it should be as it is for EVERYONE not just die hard bikers lol. I have to think of prolonged hours of riding with it, hand cramps, etc.

At the end of the day I refuse to over complicate the standard for individual wishes, I can do that with each build as per someones wishes.

I really am not going to get into programming dang chips Max. I have enough to do lol. Thanks for the info and time spent looking bro.

Everyone is forgetting the most important point and telling me to do this and that to make it real but its frickin EXPENSIVE!!!! I am making a system the works the right way first, then I will worry about IRL feel.

End of the day ANYTHING like my system is a thousand times more realistic than a fuckin game pad!!!

DD

doubledragoncc

Quote from: h106frp on April 21, 2016, 03:22:53 PM
Had a try with the 12.5mm dia force sensing resistors and an op-amp to linearise the output. Works very well with the sensor pressed by a brass piston below the actuating lever. It has a spring pre-load on the lever to allow a bit of adjustable dead zone on the lever travel before it becomes fully force sensing and small enough to work alongside my paddle shift on the GPX pad.

On hold till i finish some other stuff  ;)

Looks clean bro. Nice work.

DD

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 21, 2016, 03:32:29 PM
Everyone is forgetting the most important point and telling me to do this and that to make it real but its frickin EXPENSIVE!!!!

We don't have amnesia, you keep saying everyone is forgetting this point and that point you keep making, but all I see here is people posting on a public forum discussing your setup. If it's too expensive don't implement it. No need to explain yourself or why it won't be in a final production setup every 10th reply to the thread. ;)

I for one learn alot by watching the discussions about hydraulics, load sensors, VR, and physics in general. Just saying, you are asking for people to discuss your setup, expect some things that may not be exactly your vision. I'm pretty sure we all are crystal clear on the mission statement of your company.  :)