• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camillozockt

first post updated , new download link

-aGy-

Davide74

I love riding this bike, and sounds..  ;)

PeterV

Quote from: camillozockt on July 30, 2014, 01:08:26 PM
first post updated , new download link

So things changed? Version number in download would be help full !

Harrytmj66

I think this bike would be perfect to use in a championship for people who haven't quite mastered how to ride the 1000s yet. It's much more forgiving on the throttle.
Great work

girlracerTracey

I just have to wonder if it is the bike in real life that some individuals don't like? Maybe that's it? I don't know. I'm lost on this if I'm honest.

I have studied some close-up photos of the real life KTM racer and this mod looks pretty dam good to me. Very good indeed I would say. And no I am not biased either way.

grT   

rodney007

August 02, 2014, 09:32:44 PM #37 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:59:29 PM by rodney007
Quote from: Alby46 on August 02, 2014, 10:11:37 AM
i didn't say i don't like the model, i said i didn't like the physics. but that's just an opinion. when gp bikes italia released their first mod, the zip, a lot of people criticized, with constructive criticism and non. no one of them insulted anybody if they didn't like it...

Up until now, almost every bike mod has only replaced the visual appearances. We feel that each bike should have individual physics which means you have to learn and practice with each
bike to get the most from it. As you know no 2 bikes are the same with handling and like real life - bikes feel initially nicer than others to ride.

This bike incorporates the rear suspension/throttle steering change which we had found. This will be very different from what most people are used to from years of it being like that.

Personally I like it, and enjoy the challenge of mastering something new.  ;D Feel free to copy/paste the "musarama" bike settings if you are afraid of a bike
which feels different :-)

Or feel free to suggest changes to the physics in order for it to be more real from your experience riding motorbikes in real life.

girlracerTracey

August 02, 2014, 09:54:58 PM #38 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:56:43 PM by girlracerTracey
With you 100% and all of the way Rodney!

I have just spent a couple of hours riding this bike on beta 5b. I think congratulations are in order rather than inane detractions!

I really think you are onto something camillozockt and Rodney. I really do. I think it's brilliant!

One other great advantages with this excellent mod. is that it has tamed the beta 5b physics a tad and made them much more enjoyable. This is not the hairiest bike in the "world". But then again it's not meant to be is it? It's not the hairiest bike in real life either is it?

Please do not be put off camillozockt and Rodney. Your work is brilliant.

grT  ;)

Alby46

ok, suggestions:
- the bike feels rigid for being a superstock
- remove carbon brakes :)
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

rodney007

Quote from: grimm on July 27, 2014, 04:57:20 PM
This bike achieves a level of perfection for me as a sim rider, it is forgiving in ways the GP1000 class just isn't, but, it's still blazing fast with the right approach. Love the feel of the huge mid range torque and the fact I can actually power slide the bike on a Soft/Soft tire setup with very little suspension adjustment. The rear end steps out a bit and it can be controlled rather easily on corner exit, if anything I am finding more turn in than expected as the rear tire regains traction just like a real bike (gotta be near upright exiting a power slide proper to keep the speed up!).  ;D

Between this, the FZ that just came out, and the multitude of other awesome bikes that have been created for GPB, I'm so thankful for the community and following this sim has. Thank you for the RC8, it makes me stay keen on doing some laps during my morning coffee. :)

Just read this...  ;D ;D

@Alby

We are working the changes you recommend and camillozockt update this mod shortly.

girlracerTracey

I agree the bikes does feel rigid. Perhaps slightly too rigid?

However this bike does have a reputation for the rigidity of its "feel" as I understand it. But I agree I think. Maybe it could do with being softened up a tad? But the physics of the bike personally I am finding to be quite interesting. Again it will be intriguing to sample this bike under beta 6 physics.

But an interesting bike nonetheless. 

grT

girlracerTracey

August 02, 2014, 10:54:52 PM #42 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:53:20 PM by girlracerTracey
It's nice to get a few controllable rear end slides on the power Rodney..beginning to feel a bit more like a real life motorcycle to me.  It will flick you over the high-side quite nicely now if you are careless in coming off the throttle..a real life effect that is much needed imho in gpbikes. It's nice to feel that without having to load up the rear end unrealistically far too much. 

My testing has been pretty much limited to Silverstone so far by the way. It seems to work really quite nicely round there.

grT  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: rodney007 on August 02, 2014, 09:32:44 PM
Or feel free to suggest changes to the physics in order for it to be more real from your experience riding motorbikes in real life.
I would have one or two (even if unrelated to the experience in riding in real life): the change you introduced on the tire model (the thing you call "the rear suspension/throttle steering change which we had found") sounds technically very very suspect.

Also, just diffing some files I stumbled on this: your rc8 has a 17deg-20deg rake angle. That sounds utterly tiny for a street bike. Actually, 17deg is tiny for any bike if I recall correctly. Google seems to think the rc8 real rake angle is 23.3deg. That's a hell of a difference.

MaX.

P.S.
Can't try it yet, but the 3d seems pretty good to me from the pics.

girlracerTracey

A bit of this and a bit of that..we've all experienced it. Even on a track day..   :)

I thought I would post this just for fun.  I'm not qualified to comment on Max'x post although I do take his point..

https://www.youtube.com/v/dw3fAkgPPTA